Check-in: working moms & childcare

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2013, 04:52 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Working moms:

If your baby is going to some form of childcare while you work, how is it going? How is baby adjusting? How about you...how are you feeling about it? Anything positive to share about it?

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

August 7th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Mommy :)
I start back Monday, but i'm lucky enough to have my mom and grandmother watch the baby and pick girls up from school.

Mommy to

Laycie (August 2007)
Kayleigh (May 2009)
Jaxon (April 2013)
August 7th, 2013, 09:19 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our daycare continues to be wonderful. Ingrid is well loved and cared for and happy! She is still getting the hang of napping in the busy room and she is a lot littler than most of the other walking babies in there. They also sometimes give her more milk that I'd prefer (breaking into a 4th frozen bag) because she's fussy from not sleeping.

All in all though, two thumbs up.

I am fine with her going. The 2 days she goes (and the one day she's home with Daddy) give me "me" time to rejuvinate outside of the house. And I get time at home while I work with both kids on Tuesdays and just her on Fridays, so I don't feel like I'm away that much. With either kid, I never shed a tear for having to leave them at daycare.

August 7th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Super Mommy
We have a nanny and we love her. Baby A smiles very big when the nanny comes in. It is a relief that I am not really having to worry about her while I am at work.
August 7th, 2013, 12:13 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
I've been back to work since the end of June and so far everything is going good. The babysitter really likes having him and the other two kids love helping the babysitter take care of him and play with him. When I drop him off and pick him up he's usually nothing but smilies so he has adjusted very well.

Forever missing my angel 2010

August 7th, 2013, 03:16 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Daycare is going very well for us. All of the teachers have always loved Grace, and they've been anxiously waiting for us to have another one. The teacher in the 6 week-6 month room is one of our favoites. It's definitelynice to know she is well taken care of. Occasionally I feel like she's been overfed, but that seems to be getting better. I love hearing them say she's such a good baby. They'veeven done little footprint art projects & stuff like that. Grace is also thriving in her class...her teacher brags on her being the only one who follows directions, and she's learning so much.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

August 9th, 2013, 08:36 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
The kids do fine at day care, but I hate taking them. I have no complaints with the staff this time (but I did when it was Katie. Thankfully, that woman is gone!!) They both do great and are all smiles when I get there. Neither one of them get as much sleep as when they're at home, but I suppose that will come in time. They've only gone a handful of times, and now they won't go back until school starts for the older girls. They were usually going 1 day per week, but it may have to go up to 3 once school's back in. We're weighing a lot of options right now so it's very much up in the air.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search