Mr. Fuss and Eating

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By MsRK
  • 1 Post By Pretty Crispy
  • 1 Post By utexas10
  • 1 Post By Cortney6983
  • 1 Post By ~AmazedByYou~

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 12th, 2013, 05:03 PM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lately Darion had been showing more and more interest in our food and trying to grab it when we are eating so my mother suggested that I try a little of the solids with him.

He seems to love it.. So far I've made sweet potatoes and peas (both puree) for him and he eats it up! I'm only giving him about an 1-1.5ounces before I give him some bottled breast milk but he gets so excited about the food. (I only give it to him once a day and let a few days pass before giving it to him again just to see how his body handles it)

Today was the third time that I fed him some solid food (peas) and he kept trying to take the spoon from me. So I gave him the spoon and he fed himself! Already. He does the same with the bottles. He doesn't want you to hold it for him. He wants to hold it.

Anyway I took a quick video of him doing it today(Its probably easier to RIGHT CLICK on the link and choose SAVE TARGET AS to download it first if you don't have a high speed connection):
http://www.bendinglogic.com/DarionFe...f_08122013.mp4
jen747 and SMB80 like this.

Last edited by MsRK; August 12th, 2013 at 05:10 PM.
August 12th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
Adorable!

L is also showing so much interest in our food and trying to grab it. He sits in his high chair at meals and I give him a spoon to play with. He takes the spoon to his mouth, correct side and everything, over and over.
We are skipping purees though so he wont be getting solids until after 6 months old.
MsRK likes this.

August 13th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Super Mommy
Baby A was trying to eat all of my food so we let her try sweet potatoes this weekend. She did a great job eating and she loved them but they made her gassy. I think we are going to try Carrots this weekend.
MsRK likes this.
August 13th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
Lilly lovess pureed foods, it's helping her poop better to since she has never had normal baby poop but now we are giving her puree apples shes pooping much and she seems overall happier
MsRK likes this.

August 13th, 2013, 08:43 AM
~AmazedByYou~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~AmazedByYou~
Just remember that "Food before one is just for fun" Babies need to be fed breastmilk or formula BEFORE eating solids because their main source of nutrition still needs to be breastmilk or formula. Solids do not contain nearly the amount of fat/calories/nutrients that the others do.
Kennydra likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search