Morning routines

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2013, 11:39 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What's your current morning routine? How does having a baby change it?

If you work outside the home, how is your routine different on your "off" days?

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

August 16th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We haven't had much routine yet, but first grade starts for DS on Wednesday, so I imagine we'll have to start having one. But having Sammy makes it easier than it would have been because he is a cheerful early riser (unlike the rest of us).
August 16th, 2013, 12:04 PM
CrunchyMommaTo2's Avatar Proud Momma
We get up and ds lays on his activity mat while I vacuum, mop, and have breakfast. That is the only routine to our whole day.

August 16th, 2013, 06:19 PM
JenLee's Avatar Veteran
My routine starts at 5:00 a.m. when my dh gets up to go to work. I actually have my routine down to the minute. lol I have 3 kiddos that I have to get up and out the door every morning by myself.
At 5:40, I get up and shower, get dressed, and get Ava's bag ready with bottles, etc. and pack my lunch.
6:00 I blow dry my hair and finish getting myself dressed.
6:20 I wake up Ava, change her and nurse her which usually takes about 20 min. I also wake up my boys and have them to start getting themselves dressed, (although Zayne is only 3, so really I am just waking him up until I can dress him.
6:50 I am loading my 2 boys, Ava, her bag, my pump, purse, and school bag into my van. (Whew) I get to the daycare around 7 ish, and drop off Ava and my 3 yr. old. I get to my school around 7:20, where my oldest ds catches the bus to his school. (I teach at an Elementary school 4-6, he goes to the Primary school for k-2) At 7:30 the kids walk in my class.
Every once in a while Ava wakes up at 5:30, so I feed her then take a shower. The weekends are so nice as we do not follow our weekly routine so it is much more relaxed.

Last edited by JenLee; August 17th, 2013 at 07:27 AM.
August 16th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We fly by the seat of our pants here generally. First grade for the oldest the end of the month will have us getting to the bus stop at a little before 8 AM. Luckily I only have to walk to the end of the driveway and usually my husband is home still so the little kids are just here. 2 mornings a week my middle will have to be at preschool dropoff for 9 AM after Labor Day so that will be a big change for us BUT I will run errands and grocery shop with only ONE kid so yeah theres that ; )

August 16th, 2013, 07:12 PM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH and the baby get up at 6. He changes him and they hang out and make coffee until I get up at 630 or 7. DS wanders upstairs around 630. I get up, drink a cup of coffee, then name breakfast for ds1, make DH's lunch,
Eat my breakfast. Then DH leaves for work At 745, then baby goes down for his morning nap at 8. This is all going to change when DS1 needs to be at school at 830..grr.
August 17th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Mommy :)
Alarm is set for 5 and Jaxon usually nurses between 4:30-5:30 so I either nurse first then get dressed or vice versa. SO gets the girls up at 5:30 and they get ready themselves. Kids and I are out the door by 6:15 to drop off baby and my first grader at my moms. My first grader rides to school with my aunt (she teaches next door to my daughters school) and I drop off my prek daughter and head to my school by 7:15. I work 30-35 mins from her school.

Weekends we do what we want - no routine

Mommy to

Laycie (August 2007)
Kayleigh (May 2009)
Jaxon (April 2013)
August 20th, 2013, 05:04 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My alarm goes off at 4:00...I snooze a few times usually, then I get up and pump if Anna, hasn't woken up. Then I get her bottles ready for daycare. Next I get myself ready, hopefully before any girls wake up. Once I'm ready, I'll get Anna up to nurse (if she hasn't yet), and if I have time I'll get her dressed. I need to leave the house by 6:00, at work by 6:30. If at any point in there Anna wakes up, I'll feed her and then put her in bed to snuggle with DH.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

Last edited by ThaiSpice; August 20th, 2013 at 05:06 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search