Moms with toddlers/older kids

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mama3o

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 22nd, 2013, 03:53 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do your toddlers/older kids sleep all night?

Do they sleep in their own room? In your room? With another sibling? In the same room as baby?

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

August 22nd, 2013, 04:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have 3 olders....One is really older! So he stays in his own room! He is 16!!! My four year old stays put, but my 3 year old likes to wander into our room every night! The two middle share a room.
nameetog likes this.
August 22nd, 2013, 07:49 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My 4 year old is in his own room and generally sleeps all night- 8-9ish (whenever he shuts up) until 6-7ish. He will occasionally wake at night to use the potty, but he does that independently so it's not like I'm getting out of bed for him.

It took him SOOOO long to be a good all night sleeper. It wasn't until he was like 18 months-2 years that we could guarantee an all night sleep.

August 22nd, 2013, 08:48 AM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My 4.5 year old sleeps in her room, she comes to our room when she wakes up in the morning.
August 22nd, 2013, 11:07 AM
JennBer's Avatar Super Mommy
Let's see the 12 year old has her own room and will sleep through the night, or at least I don't hear her once she does finally go to sleep, with her it is a 'battle' to get her to sleep, I generally have to tell her a hundred times to go to sleep. The twins share a room, it is connected to my room with a shared bath. They are still in cribs(I really have to get those converted into toddler beds but haven't gotten it done yet, think I am going to do it next weekend when my mom comes down to visit) so when they do wake up I am having to go to them to see what the problem is. I put them down at 7:30 sometimes as late as 8 if we are running late getting home for some reason, and in generally they will stay down without waking until about 7:00 7:30 the next morning, one of them is more likely to wake than the other and generally if she does it is once or twice and all I have to do is go lay her down make sure she has her lovies and walk out without saying anything and she is back to sleep. They are now 2.5. Funny story, well not really funny, but the other night the girls didn't want to go to bed so they were standing in their cribs calling for me, not crying just laughing and calling me. I was about to go tell them to lay down and go to sleep when all of a sudden one of their voices sounded weird and then my bathroom door opened! One of them had managed to get out of her crib! And lastly R has her own room but she is almost never in it, I think she has probably spent about a total of 2 hours in there since she was born and most of that I was in there too, sometimes I am holding her and rocking her in her chair and sometimes she is laying in her crib while I put away her clothes or something like that.

August 22nd, 2013, 01:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My 6yo sleeps in his own bedroom and I don't think he has ever come to our room in the middle of the night. He has called for us to come to him a handful of times. Usually, he sleeps like a rock for about 11 hours. He would probably sleep through an earthquake.
August 23rd, 2013, 05:03 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
My oldest 3 (16, 12, 11) sleep through the night. The 2 and 12 share a room. The 2 has her own toddler bed, but while the one she shares a room with was away this summer, I let her sleep with me a bunch because hubby was working. We're getting her back into the routine of at least sleeping in her room, but she likes to sleep with her sister. As long as her sister doesn't mind, I don't, either. The 2 generally sleeps through the night, but she will often moan/cry in her sleep a couple of times. I'm guessing she must be having bad dreams.

August 24th, 2013, 09:47 PM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My 6 year old sleeps in his own room. He generally sleeps through the night unless he has a bad dream then he'll come sleep on the floor next to me.
August 25th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Mommy :)
My 4 & 6 yo share a room and have bunk beds. They sleep all night but usually end up in the same bed.

Mommy to

Laycie (August 2007)
Kayleigh (May 2009)
Jaxon (April 2013)
August 26th, 2013, 09:03 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Grace (3) sleeps in her own room, and she will sleep all night without getting up. On very rare occasions she might, if she's feeling bad, but it is not common. The other day, though, she wanted to take her brush to bed with her (it was new, and she was excited about it), and during the night it fell on the floor and woke her up. She thought it was morning and started to come into our room. I took her back to bed and told her it wasn't morning yet LOL. Luckily she went right back to sleep.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

August 28th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My bigs each have their own room. My son (6) sleeps all night, rarely an issue, wakes on his own in the morn. My daughter (3) is having a difficult time sleeping right now. My son went through the same exact thing at the same exact age. It might be because her baby brother sleeps with us or it just might be nightmares (it is nightmares sometimes) but whatever it is she typically ends up in our bed at some point for at least part of the night.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search