Feeling Down

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes
  • 1 Post By Harlie
  • 3 Post By MsRK
  • 1 Post By ashley22pa
  • 2 Post By MaineBean
  • 4 Post By jen747
  • 3 Post By nameetog
  • 1 Post By ThaiSpice

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
So lately (past week) I have been feeling down because lately Lilly has been getting scared of a lot of people even my parents and my aunts who live with us and she sees often...I know it's normal to go through that stage but I don't get why my parents are scary to her now... I feel like everyone who sees her as she gets scared and cries acts like they have never seen a baby cry... it makes me feel bad I try to tell them that it's normal but even my mother will look at me funny like "whats wrong with her?" which bugs me because people who have had kids (my family) act like oh wow.... that's odd... why is she crying at me??? just sick of having to explain that some babies go through this stage of being scared easy

I just feel like cuddling Lilly and not being around anyone tired of people judging her because she is not the same as every child (not saying as there is something wrong with her) she is just different which is fine with me, she is a fussy baby she has been since day 1, she has a loudddd cry ! she is hard to please but that makes her unique !

I love her more than anything !

sorry for the rant

just please tell me someone else has gone through this before ??

Last edited by Cortney6983; September 26th, 2013 at 06:51 PM.
September 26th, 2013, 08:41 PM
Veteran
I am from Marchs PR just looking at others but anyway my baby has been going through this she is not scared of everyone but she is scared of a lot of ppl and wants me all the time.
Cortney6983 likes this.
September 27th, 2013, 12:31 AM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Darion is definitely a Mommy's baby right now. He cries when my mom, sister, her husband, my brother.. on and on and on come over. He just doesn't want to deal with all of the people who aren't me or DH. He even cries with DH sometimes and just wants me.

I've been working with him a bit and when my sister came over on Tuesday he cried like crazy. So I sat next to my sister with him and we sang songs to him.. (He LOVES singing and dancing) and after he BFed and it was time to eat his carrots I let my sister feed him and talk to him and he calmed down. I also pumped the milk for that next feeding and let her feed him from the bottle and then he seemed cool with her for the rest of the day.

I don't know how he will be when he sees her again. But its definitely a major phase that a lot of babies go through when they become more aware of their surroundings. Only mommy will do, and OK.. I guess daddy is cool too. *lol*

But you aren't alone. Don't let other people's reactions get you down. She will outgrow it.

Sometimes I feel so selfish because I FEEL ok (even great) with him being this way. Where he wants me mostly. I feel like, soon enough, he will be a teen or preteen and want very little to do with Mommy... So I'm loving the "I want my Mommy" phase.
Sneetch, anjawb and Cortney6983 like this.
September 27th, 2013, 05:43 AM
Super Mommy
I hope it gets better for you soon.
September 27th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy

Last edited by Sneetch; October 15th, 2013 at 11:05 PM.
September 28th, 2013, 04:12 PM
ashley22pa's Avatar April Mommy
Cole has been like this lately too. Even with DH, my mom and sister who he is around alot. When he sees me and someone is holding him he looks at me, cries and reaches for me. I think it's normal at this age for them to want mommy the most.
Cortney6983 likes this.

Thank you to PrincessMom08 for my cute siggy!

September 28th, 2013, 06:17 PM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You would think DH is the boogeyman. At least if I'm around, she pretty much only wants me. She will see me across the room and instantly it's tears and whining and reaching for me.

What can I say, I guess I'm pretty great.
Sneetch and HalfDozen like this.

September 28th, 2013, 09:05 PM
jen747's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't blame you one bit for being annoyed. It seems like every time you turn around, you have to defend, explain, or rationalize things about your baby. I sincerely hope that you guys find your own home, where you can just be a mom & take care of your child your way with no excuses neccessary.
Sneetch, MsRK, nameetog and 1 others like this.

September 28th, 2013, 09:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
^ I could not agree more!

I seen nothing wrong with her wanting you more than anyone else. I also see nothing wrong with you doing absolutely nothing to change that. I can assure you this too shall pass and much, much too quickly at that. It is never easy when you are in a stage to see that there is indeed going to be an end to that stage. Maybe she isn't scared at all maybe she just wants to be with her mom. Enjoy her and try not to let anyone ruin it
MsRK, HalfDozen and Cortney6983 like this.

October 4th, 2013, 07:31 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry you're feeling down about it! It does sound fairly normal, though. I remember Grace going through a phase (well, multiple ones over the years) where she got really fussy when others wanted to hold her. In some ways it gets better over time, but in other ways, as they get older, they sometimes become MORE cautious of others. Hang in there...as frustrating as it can be, it's all part of it!
Cortney6983 likes this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

October 8th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
She's just a mommys girl it's normal and a sign she's bonded well c is goodnw outhers until she sees me leave or hears me then all bets are off

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search