mommy phase

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2013, 05:48 AM
Super Mommy
For the past 3 days baby A has been going through an I only want mommy phase. She is perfectly happy playing with anyone as long as she can't see me but if I am in the room then I am the only one she wants. I love that she wants me but I want her to go back to playing with everyone else. How long does this phase usually last?
October 9th, 2013, 06:22 AM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I noticed that in the last week Darion has been getting much better with this. My sister and brother in law came over yesterday and I was able to sit him on the sofa between my sister and BIL and he just looked at them and played with his toys.

So I left the room to get some work done in my office and he was still fine. So I think that he is coming out of that phase slowly. We went for a walk on Saturday and stopped at a few neighbors yard sales and he just sat in his stroller and smiled at people when they came close to speak to him. Usually he would start screaming.

I still don't know how he will do when more people are around or if they try to pick him up. But this is still an improvement by far than before. So we will see. His phase has been going on for about 2 months now.
October 9th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
Lilly is and has been going through that phase i just hope it ends soon but she cant be held by almost anyone else even with me there

October 9th, 2013, 10:28 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Xavier does this also. It's been going on a couple of weeks. As long as he can't see or hear me, he's perfectly content. However, the instant he knows I'm there, he wants me.

My husband told me a couple of weeks ago that I had to be quiet.

October 10th, 2013, 01:17 PM
~AmazedByYou~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~AmazedByYou~
Camden is super social. He doesn't care who holds him or talks to him, he's happy. He does fuss for me when he sees me but doesn't have stranger anxiety.

October 10th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Super Mommy
Baby A doesnt have stranger anxiety and is perfectly happy playing with anyone as long as she can't see me. I can't hand her to anyone else, even to put on my shoes. I have to completely leave the room in order to put on my shoes without her fussing for me.
October 13th, 2013, 05:53 PM
ashley22pa's Avatar April Mommy
Cole is the same way lately. He's fine if he can't see me, but as soon as he does he reaches for me. He does this with people he's familiar with such as DH, my parents, and sister. Hope it doesn't last too long!

Thank you to PrincessMom08 for my cute siggy!

TTC # 2 August 2014!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search