Baby sleeping..

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Cortney6983
  • 1 Post By Missa_Mae
  • 1 Post By ThaiSpice

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2013, 01:56 AM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I recently had to move the pack and play back into our bedroom so that I could bring Mr. Fuss back into our room. Darion is going through this phase where he turns onto his belly and sleeps with his face pressed against the mattress.

I woke up to check on him a few times in recent nights and heard what sounded like wheezing but it was him trying to breathe with his face pressed to the mattress.

He is fully capable of turning as he will turn to any position that he wants now. He can easily turn to his sides, his back or belly with no trouble. He even has learned how to sit up with the help of the crib bars. But he just doesn't seem to do it when he is sleeping and turns onto his belly.

Its a little scary. I tried to swaddle him again to see if that would keep him from rolling but he broke out of that thing like the HULK in a matter of minutes. He is so strong and such a big baby now that its hard to try to keep him in some position in his crib.

Does anyone else experience this or have any advice of what I can try to keep him from turning to his belly this way?
October 17th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
I dont have any imput but that is scary hope you can figure it out!
MsRK likes this.

October 18th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
Tessa loves sleeping on her belly ... but she doesn't push her face in the mattress, she puts her face to the side. However, I constantly check (even though 90% of the time she is in bed with me) to make sure nothing is blocking her nose.

I think they make (or used to make) positioners so babies couldn't roll but I'm not sure if that was recalled or not ...
MsRK likes this.

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

October 19th, 2013, 07:14 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh man...I don't have any advice! I can see why you'd be concerned. Hopefully since he is able to roll easily, he'd wake up and roll himself over or move his head if he wasn't able to breathe. I can see why you'd be concerned, though. Hope you find a good solution!
MsRK likes this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

October 20th, 2013, 12:37 AM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you ladies so much for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate it because it was a bit scary for me. It seems that he has learned now to turn his face to the side now when he gets onto his belly. I've been waking up constantly since this all started to check on him and as of three days ago he has started drawing his knees up and turning his head to the side when he rolls onto his belly.

So no more pressing his face directly to the mattress. He is just sleeping with his butt in the air though. *lol*

I hope that he is over the whole phase of not turning his face to the side.

Thank you again ladies! You three are so sweet! *HUG*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search