Sick Baby

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 22nd, 2013, 05:47 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Let me start by saying that we've been VERY lucky in the illness dept in our house. While my son has had countless colds, we've only had 1 instance of vomiting with him and it was when he was a little baby, somewhere around Ingrid's current age.

Now why is it that babies insist on getting sick to their stomachs in the middle of the night, and why do my kids do it silently (or just with a slightly weird or even normal sounding cough) so that when I finally go in because it seems like they really are awake, they are then covered in puke because they've been rolling in it.

Poor little Ingrid was sick a bunch of times last night. She had a few wet spots when I went in at 11:30. She was in pretty good spirits still, so I changed her clothes and diaper while hubby changed her sheets. She had another gag on my shoulder. I tried to feed her off the less full side. She ate... and then proceeded to vomit it aaaaall back up onto us both. We changed our clothes and I held her in the rocking chair until she fell asleep. Luckily she transferred to the crib just fine at 1 AM and slept through. Looks like she'll be up shortly here- it's almost 9.

I'm hoping she'll keep things down today. It's just awful watching her be sick and then knowing she might be getting dehydrated, not to mention worrying about keeping everything around her clean since she doesn't know how to, um, aim. Wish me luck she's on the mend here!

October 22nd, 2013, 07:51 AM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry that your little sweetheart is sick. I hope that she will be better quickly. Definitely just keep an eye on her for dehydration. Tell us how it goes with her throughout the day if you have time.
October 22nd, 2013, 11:34 AM
Little miss seems to be doing well today. Still a little off, but generally improved. She's kept down a big breakfast and lunch seems to be doing fine too. The poor thing has a nasty face race, no doubt from being in her gross wet spots in bed until I realized she was sick 45 minutes later. That's improving as the day goes on too. She didn't have soaking diapers when she got up or before or after nap, but they were all wet, so I think we're fine with dehydration too, thank goodness.

She was a little clingy this morning, but after a good 2 hour nap, she seems to be in great spirits. Fingers crossed that we are in the clear and no one else catches whatever it was. We gave her some avocado yesterday, so it could be that it was just too rich (though it was hours later) or maybe she was dealing with a quick bug, or maybe a combo.

October 22nd, 2013, 01:12 PM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh that's great!! I'm glad that she is coming around. It's always a bit scary when your baby gets sick. Even if its just for a short period of time. Was that the first time that she had avocado?
October 22nd, 2013, 04:10 PM
She had a little once before, but not nearly as much. I really don't think it's a food allergy though. I think she was just under the wather and the solids didn't help. I'm so glad it is over though- baby barfing sucks.

October 22nd, 2013, 04:44 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad she's feeling better!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search