Apartment

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By CrunchyMommaTo2
  • 2 Post By MaineBean
  • 1 Post By MaineBean
  • 1 Post By ThaiSpice

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 31st, 2013, 11:12 AM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
So yes we are in our new apartment! it's so big! we are still trying to get everything organized, it's alot of work! we are on the top floor (they have elevators) the apartment is bigger than a family friends trailer home! plus we have HUGE ceilings (I will get pictures up soon)

so far so ok lol what I mean by that is well our cat is HATING it, he meows at night ...every night so far. I have been getting maybe 3 hours of sleep lol he was so used to being an outdoor cat that this is tough on him and other than that I am trying to get used to not having more than just me, Baer and Lilly... at my parents house it was me, Baer, Lilly, my mom, my dad, and 2 aunts living in ONE house and people came over all the time so I was always around others. I am a little home sick but i do love it!

I am sooo not used to getting groceries yet lol so much stuff to have to remember to buy

QUESTION: They have a set of washers and dryers on each floor ours is just down the hall... if Lilly is alseep is it OK to leave her to throw a load in? also (taking the elevator) if we get a package (they come downstairs in the lobby) in which we can only get between 11:30 and 3:00 (thats when a manager women comes in and is in her office answering calls, questions, issues, doing paper work for others moving in) after that they get locked up until the next day (so no one can steal them) is it ok for me to go down and grab it and come back up if Lilly is napping? it sounds bad I know I just have no idea about this part.. I am used to an upstairs downstairs not really this kind of stuff

Last edited by Cortney6983; October 31st, 2013 at 11:15 AM.
October 31st, 2013, 11:21 AM
CrunchyMommaTo2's Avatar Proud Momma
I would not personally leave the baby even to go just down the hall. You NEVER know what might happen. What if you get locked out of the apartment for some crazy reason. Someone breaks in. What if there is a fire and you can't get back up there? Just do what you have to do and bring her with you. Do you have a carrier/wrap to wear her in? She can sleep in it and you can still do laundry and get the mail etc.

Congrats on the move and getting out on your own!
*Anya* and Cortney6983 like this.

October 31st, 2013, 11:30 AM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
October 31st, 2013, 11:32 AM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Crispy View Post
I would not personally leave the baby even to go just down the hall. You NEVER know what might happen. What if you get locked out of the apartment for some crazy reason. Someone breaks in. What if there is a fire and you can't get back up there? Just do what you have to do and bring her with you. Do you have a carrier/wrap to wear her in? She can sleep in it and you can still do laundry and get the mail etc.

Congrats on the move and getting out on your own!

Funny thing is I did get locked out LOL but it was because my neighbor came to talk to me ( I didn't really know her so I didn't let her in some of the people in this building are fruit loops) but I couldn't keep the door open because my cat could get out so I stepped out side.. CRAP lol my door shut and I forgot my keys I went downstairs the main person called my other neighbor ( I guess on each floor she has one person that keeps a set of keys that can unlock every door in case that was to happen when she wasnt around ... that women was mean ... she was like yelling at me WHO IS WITH THE BABY !? I'm like well sorry I got locked out (it was my second day here) =/ wont happen again

October 31st, 2013, 11:44 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm on the other side of the fence. Get a monitor, don't forget your key and just don't dally. If she cries, you ought to hear it on the monitor. I don't see how this is different from going outside of my house to grab the mail or trashcan and then stopping to talk to a neighbor for 5 minutes. The likelihood of a fire breaking out in that short time is pretty low and it's not like you need to be there ALL THE TIME. It's not like grabbing a package or throwing in a load of clothes a few doors down takes that long. If you're in a building that is like 20 floors then maybe I'd be hesitant to go down but like 5 floors isn't a big deal to hoof up the stairs in an emergency.

I think you'll get used to the welcome quiet after a while. And there is nothing that says you can't go visiting regularly for some people time.

Sorry about your cat. My (now deceased) cat used to claw at our door and cause a ruckus at night so he eventually got locked in other rooms or in the basement in our current house. He was never an outdoor cat- just a pain in the butt. And with the groceries, I highly recommend a weekly (or however often) grocery list, a meal plan, and a spot where you can jot down stuff you run out of midweek. Those keep my life sane when it comes ot keeping the pantry full.
HalfDozen and Cortney6983 like this.

October 31st, 2013, 11:52 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortney6983 View Post
( I guess on each floor she has one person that keeps a set of keys that can unlock every door in case that was to happen when she wasnt around ... that women was mean ... she was like yelling at me WHO IS WITH THE BABY !?
That's kind of weird. I can't say I'd be thrilled with a random person having access to my life.

And if Lilly is asleep in her crib or secure in a trusted baby toy (exersaucer, PNP, whatever) I'm sure it's ok that you aren't hovering over her for a couple of minutes. You'd think that a baby couldn't survive without an adult watching them breathe or something! Clearly you didn't mean to get locked out. It's not like you wandered home drunk or high after being gone for hours- you were in the hall. Sheesh.
Cortney6983 likes this.

November 1st, 2013, 09:00 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats again on the move! Glad it finally happened for you guys.

We've moved a couple of times with cats. It's hard on them at first, but ours eventually did get comfortable in each new place. Cats are such creatures of habit, though.
Cortney6983 likes this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search