i feel like a failure :-(

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 15th, 2013, 02:22 AM
I am a new mommy my son will be 7 mos on the 28th and he rolls from back to tummy when he feels like it don't sit up on his own I just feel bad I don't feel like I spend a lot of time with him because I work my mom and dad help I just feel horrible I am 27 and feel lost I know its my fault he is behind any tips to catch him up and how to sspend more time I sleep for a few hours but on my days off I sleep all day
November 15th, 2013, 04:32 AM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
He isn't behind they learn at their own pace unless he slumps over has no head control no cant sit even when you help him ( in which you should see your pediatrician for that) my daughter doesn't roll i believe because she hates being on her tummy she can roll but refuses to go that far she goes to her side and stops. When on her tummy she would rather get mad than roll over she has rolled so i know she can but chooses not to. She cant sit on her own yet she leans forward a lot and tips over to the side a lot not very good at balancing yet.. but in time she will get there.. don't rush it i know you hear it a million times all babies are different my brother's son sat up well at 6 months and could roll then too he is 8 months now.. my little girl is 7 months.don't worry about not being there being a mom means making sacrafices you have to do what you have to do!

November 15th, 2013, 08:26 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hugs sweetie! Don't feel like a failure! Babies develop and learn things at their own rate. And really, they learn to do most of those things on their own, without being "taught," so it's not because of something you failed to do. My baby is 7 months old, and she just (within the past week or two) now is able to sit up, and not for long periods of time. The pediatrician is not concerned. Now, at some point those things might be concerning, but at this point, I wouldn't think that not being able to sit unsupported is an indicator of a major problem. If it really bothers you, talk with your pediatrician--they'd be able to evaluate the situation and make recommendations if they thought there was something that needed to be done.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

November 17th, 2013, 07:10 AM
ashley22pa's Avatar April Mommy
I agree with the others as babies hit developmental milestones differently. My son sits well on his own and can for long periods of time (he was 7 months yesterday) but the pediatrician said he is developmentally ahead because most babies this age sit like a tripod (leaning over with their hands in front of them). It will happen!

Thank you to PrincessMom08 for my cute siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search