Boys and Girls

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MaineBean
  • 1 Post By utexas10

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 19th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
So I got to talking to a friend who is having a girl and I was telling her how different my little girl is compared to my brother's son and my friend Lindsay's son... it got me thinking are girls and boys different as babies?

If you have more than one child and they are opposite sex how did they differ?

If you have only one how is your little one ? are they loud, tell you what they want, always go go go.. or quite, laid back, lets you do it all without much protest? girl or boy?

I was wondering if what others say is true.. boys are more laid back and girls are more wild

For me Lilly holds true to that! she is wild and crazy! She wants what she wants when she wants it, if she doesn't get it when she wants it she is yelling and letting me know! She's very demanding and loud but I love her anyway! She definitely has got me thinking our next one weather they are like her or not will be a piece of cake!

Last edited by Cortney6983; November 19th, 2013 at 08:39 AM.
November 19th, 2013, 08:47 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good question! I have two girls, so I can't really say. Anna is fairly laid back, but she is definitely vocal when she wants something.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

November 19th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My daughter was totally chill. Xander is pretty chill. My oldest son was WILD!!

November 19th, 2013, 01:25 PM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ingrid is more whiny and vocal like a diva when she wants stuff, and she is constantly moving. James was more demanding in general though and is still pretty sensitive/easy to upset.

I will say that we have generally tried to avoid gender based toys and activities, but my son has automatically been into pirates and trains and running around like a lunatic. We gave him a doll and dress up clothes and stuffed animals, but he has been more into building & destroying and "being a boy." He cares for his favorite stuffed animal Lion, but I don't think he'd ever really consider playing for an extended time as a caregiver. And aside from cooking with his play kitchen when I cook, he never plays house. In that regard, he seems to be hardwired toward traditional boy things.
Cortney6983 likes this.

November 20th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Super Mommy
Baby A (Girl) is always on the move. She is determined to get what she wants on her own. The only time she ever really yells for you to do something is if you are not feeding her fast enough. Other than that, she is very independent.
Cortney6983 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search