Random Question

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By CrunchyMommaTo2
  • 1 Post By ThaiSpice
  • 1 Post By *Anya*
  • 1 Post By MaineBean

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 19th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
I know this is random lol

Do REALLLY skinny/small(short) people usually have C sections?

My brothers Wife had a C section and she had said she knew she would because she was small and her son wouldn't fit through her pelvic bones (he got stuck while trying) not sure how accurate this is lol just wondering

November 19th, 2013, 09:20 AM
CrunchyMommaTo2's Avatar Proud Momma
No haha. I'm really short and skinny and my body grew an appropriate sized baby for my body type and I had a vaginal birth just fine
Missa_Mae and Cortney6983 like this.

November 19th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
lol and people kept saying that she would not be able to have him vaginally because she's too small weird lol guess they didn't know what they were talking about!

November 19th, 2013, 09:25 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think that's accurate info. I mean, yes, some really skinny people do have c-sections, but being skinny doesn't mean you will need one, just like being bigger doesn't mean you won't. My younger sister is a skinny mini...at the time she got pregnant, she was wearing a size 0 pants. She delivered vaginally. I wouldn't call myself skinny, but I'm short and pretty petite, and also delivered vaginally twice. I have a cousin who is taller than me and all-around bigger, and she had a traumatic birth experience where she tried to deliver vaginally and ended up with a broken pelvis, had to have reconstructive surgery, etc (ended up delivering via emergency c-section). There's a lot of factors involved, but no, you don't need one just because you're super skinny.
Cortney6983 likes this.

NTNP ~ charting cycles after a loss

November 19th, 2013, 12:37 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nope most of the time it's BS read Guggie's birth stories, she is skinny and short and had two 11lbs+ babies and a 10lber and a 9lber vaginally, at home. Women get scared into c-sections because our culture makes birth seem like a scary thing. Some women think c-sections are easier and opt for them.

This is graphic! but this woman is 4'4"ish and no body fat, has a vagina delivery at home, doctor attended
Elvira's First Home Birth

As you can see from that story, babies heads are VERY moldable.
Cortney6983 likes this.
November 19th, 2013, 01:16 PM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No, that's just silly. I am 5'1" (and not as thin as I should be based on my body type!) and had 2 c/s, but it had nothing to do with the size of my insides. No one in my family is large, and my aunt gave birth to a massive almost 11 lber vaginally! The body is designed to stretch. There are always exceptions, but they are exceptions, not the rule.

(I should clarify that your question isn't silly; the notion that small people are unable to birth through the normal exit is.)
Cortney6983 likes this.

November 20th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am 5'1" and average weight for my height and I delivered vaginally. However, Baby A was 1 month early and I still had to push for over an hour. She got hung up on my pelvis. In the end, the dr said that I would never have been able to deliver a full term baby. But they also told my mom that before she had me and I was 2 days late and over 8 pounds. She delivered me vaginally. I think each person is different and each pregnancy is different. Hopefully, if I have anothre one, my pelvis will spread more and I will be able to deliver a full term baby.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search