Off Topic Rant

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ThaiSpice

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 21st, 2013, 12:34 PM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
SO living here has been great except one MAJOR thing ! This place is a NO smoking property not in the building not even in the parking lot .. if you smoke and live here or are visiting you have to go to the edge of the parking lot to smoke... yes it can get annoying when it's cold but people knew that when they signed up to live here.....

Our neighbor to the left of us decided it's ok to smoke inside their bathroom with their vent going so it vents into our bathroom and throughout or whole apartment... and I mean it's like we are next to them in the same room we can see puffs of smoke coming through our vent...Lilly's room is right next to the bathroom it goes right into her room, and ours and then the whole apartment we do keep the door closed but it goes down under the door... it makes our clothes smell our apartment smells of a smoker... now I know some will say why not just tell them .. well not trying to sound rude but one of the people who live there is a younger ish mom and a young ish father and the few times I have seen them we get dirty looks and we have never said a word to them.. I don't want confrontation and end up US getting into trouble... I told the property Occupancy person she stays here from 11:30 - 3:30 to deal with people's needs and others who are signing up to live here... she said she would let her boss know which I thought cool this will be over soon! Well a few days later I talked to her again she said they were going to send in some person who has a smoke detector device thing they go into the halls and detect smoke near doors BUT if it detects smoke they can ASK to come in and if the person says no they can't go in for 24 hours..... she didn't know when they would come.... well come to find out we have had to deal with these people smoking since we have been here pretty much a month...

My mom came over last week just to see Lilly and drop off a few things.... I started smelling it and asked my mom to check the bathroom she said yep they were deffiantely smoking.. she said she saw Julie on her way up so i ran to go downstairs, conicendently Julie was coming to my floor to drop something off to someone... she came in and smelled it .. she did her own investigating (as much as she can) she knocked on their door no answer (of course right??) she went into a few other apartments near me and none smelled like smoke except mine... so jump to yesterday the day that the person was to come with the detector ... I didn't hear a thing... so today I went down to talk to her and she said they did come but the detector did NOT pick up anything ugh... she now has the detector for a few days in case I smell it and she can come detect it (not sure how THAT will help since it will be in our bathroom ... and the other issue with that? they tend to only smoke when Julie is not around before 11:30 and after 3:30.... so now we are stuck waiting and in 3 days that detector will be gone... I just hope they will do what they did that one day and smoke at 3:25 so we can catch them .. this just sucks it's so unfair.

anyway sorry for the rant. everything else in this place is GREAT i loveee it!

Last edited by Cortney6983; November 21st, 2013 at 12:43 PM.
November 21st, 2013, 01:26 PM
Excited first time mommy!
Sorry to hear about your trouble with the neighbors. Have you considered getting an air purifier? I know the more expensive ones will filter even cigarette smoke out.
November 22nd, 2013, 06:50 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry you're having such trouble, and I hope somehow they're able to put a stop to it.
Cortney6983 likes this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

November 22nd, 2013, 09:01 AM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylans_mommy View Post
Sorry to hear about your trouble with the neighbors. Have you considered getting an air purifier? I know the more expensive ones will filter even cigarette smoke out.
we would love to but they are out of our range right now we are one of those families living pay check to pay check right now we don't have much to spare =/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search