Stressed out friend

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2013, 07:41 AM
Super Mommy
So I have this friend that had her first baby about 2 months ago. Before getting pregnant she said she wanted 12 kids. After getting pregnant she went down to 2. And now she doesnt want any more. Everything has become so negative with her. I have never heard her say one positive word about her baby. Instead, she always calls it the "little dictator" or other similar harsh names. I have tried to be supportive through all of this but she seems to be pissed that I don't hate my child. She is also angry with me because I go 18 weeks of maternity leave and she only gets 12.

last night one of our other friends got married. She shows up with the baby because she refused to leave her with a baby sitter and her mom was out of town so she couldnt watch it (even though the bride and groom were very clear that they did not want kids there). Throughout the night she was sullen and angry about everything baby related. She also told this story about how they had just flown back from Chicago (where his family lives) and that his family was angry because she would not allow the baby's cousins in the same room with her (they werent sick, she just refused to let toddlers near the baby). I kept my mouth shut but I was thinking--Hell you just had the child on a plane. you can't get any more germs than that so 2 healthy toddlers arent going to do any harm. Anyways, after being sullen and angry all night the topic of her maternity leave was brought up by one of our friends. She said she only gets 12 weeks and so I asked when the 12 weeks is up. She snaps back with "I dont know. Why don't you just shut up. You and every other *** hole that wants to tell me how bad its going to suck to leave the kid." (which I wasn't going to say because I thought it was great to go back to work part-time and get some adult time).

Anyways, I have tried to be supportive but I think this might have been the last straw. Has anyone dealt with this before and do you have any suggestions?
December 1st, 2013, 07:52 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Man...sounds like she's having a tough time adjusting. I wonder if she's got some postpartum depression. I don't know, but it sounds like she's lashing out for some reason. Is it out of character for her, or is that her normal personality?

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

December 1st, 2013, 03:28 PM
jen747's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
^ That's exactly what I was going to say and ask.

December 1st, 2013, 03:51 PM
Super Mommy
I thought possibly post parturition depression but as time goes on I feel that her issues are self inflicted. For example-she has a vein issue that makes nursing extremely difficult and painful. Like she cries in pain every time she nurses. Yet she thinks she's supposed to nurse so she refuses to quit. IMO at some point the pain and lack of bonding/extreme hatred of your child outweighs the benefits of nursing and you should stop.

She has always been negative but it's gotten 10 times worse since she got pregnant. I know she weaned herself off of her depression meds before she got pregnant and she had been on them for 10+ years
December 3rd, 2013, 11:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds to me like she needs to be back on those meds. I am sorry she is treating you that way. I wouldn't stick around for that and I'd tell her why

December 3rd, 2013, 02:55 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree--sounds to me like she needs the meds. I hope she can realize that!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

December 9th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Twirlbird's Avatar Mia and Henry's Mama
Send a message via MSN to Twirlbird
She sounds miserable and definitely sounds like she needs meds and some therapy.

Motherhood is a brutal job, and I worry for her baby if she has that much anger. The first 3 months suck, but it sounds like this is way beyond that.

And sometimes nicknames are dickish lol. I'll say my kids are being jerks, or my 2yo nickname is The Tiny Tyrant Lol.
John Henry Clifton aka Henry: April 11th 2013

New Signature coming soon

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search