Kimberly's Pregnancy Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Jellybean Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2013, 04:07 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
30 weeks!

Time is really flying! Not a lot new, pregnancy wise. Still having some hip/tailbone pain here and there, but nothing like I had with Grace. Still able to exercise and function pretty well, though I do get out of breath a lot. She's moving a lot, and definitely stretching up into my ribs.

I think we've settled on a first name, and we're trying to pick a middle name. I have my favorite, but we haven't agreed on something yet.

Now to get organized for her...I'm in the process of getting all of Grace's old clothes sorted out and washed. We've gotten some baby stuff out of the attic. We need to buy a car seat still, and some diapers, and I need to buy some replacement parts for the pump, and possibly sterilize some of the bottles and stuff like that.

Oh, and we still need to come up with a definite plan for who will watch Grace when I'm in the hospital.

Next appointment is next week on Wednesday, again with the APN. After that it'll be every two weeks, and my doctor will be back from maternity leave by then.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

February 20th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Can you believe how quickly it has gone? My little guy has kept me so busy during this pregnancy and it has probably contributed to how speedy this whole process has gone by. We are in the last stretch of the pregnancy, hang in there. I know that I am dying to get these twins out! lol
February 22nd, 2013, 04:55 PM
It's definitely going by quickly!

31 weeks

Had an appointment on Wednesday. Here's my summary:

...weight gain was still at exactly one lb per week, BP was perfect, urine was negative for glucose & protein, baby's heart rate was in the 140's and fundal height was 30. So...I'll have appointments every two weeks now, and thankfully my doctor will be back from maternity leave on Monday. So far, so good!

Also on Wednesday, Grace and I went to the sibling class. It was pretty cute...there were three other kids there, and they played some games, learned how to change diapers and hold babies, watched a video, etc. Then at the end we toured L&D. That was the part Grace didn't like...she got pretty nervous. Overall it was a good time, though.

Lots and lots of stretching and body parts sticking out these days. For the most part I'm feeling pretty good. We got a lot of baby-related things done last weekend: got the Pack N Play set up in our bedroom, cleaned the bedroom, got all the preemie through 0-3 month clothes, blankets, hats, etc. washed and put away, cleaned the Jumperoo, Bumbo, and bouncy seat, and sterilized some breast pump and bottle stuff. There's probably more. Felt good to get that stuff out of the way. We also decided on a car seat, and picked out a name! So...we're definitely getting closer to being ready for her to come!

February 25th, 2013, 07:09 AM
Posting this here so I can find it later...Preemie Yums Preemie Bright Ballet Topper, Headband and Pants - fits up to 6 lbs

February 25th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Preemie Paisley Wrap Top & Kimono Pants by SeylaRaine

March 3rd, 2013, 04:13 PM
32 weeks

Hmm...let's see...so far, things are still going well with the pregnancy. I've been having more BH contractions, with one painful contraction last night. Overall I've been feeling pretty good, but in the past week I've had a few bouts of nausea, sort of out of nowhere.

Still working on getting prepared for baby. I have a few meals in the freezer for when we come home from the hospital. Planning to make a couple more. Other than a carseat, some breast pump supplies, and maybe a couple of odds and ends, we're pretty much set. I have definitely been feeling the nesting urge lately, so there's quite a bit of cleaning/organizing I'd like to do in the next few weeks.

Other than that, not a lot going on. I'm still exercising and doing yoga, and still gaining pretty much 1lb per week. I go back to the doctor this Thursday.

March 7th, 2013, 10:17 AM
33 weeks

(copy/paste from the main board)

[Today's appointment]...I was expecting to see my OB (that's who my appointment was with), so I was disappointed to see the APN walk in. I mean, she's ok, but honestly she's awkward and makes my DH and me uncomfortable. Anyway...she says my fundal height is still behind (though she doesn't usually actually measure it). Last visit she actually did measure, and was like, "Oh...you're not behind...you just 'felt' that way..." . Anyway, so she wants to do an ultrasound next time just to make sure fluid levels and all that are ok.

My doctor did come in at the end, and we chatted for a bit...mostly about how she's handling a 2 year old and a new baby. She's funny, so we were all rolling. She did say she wanted me to pay close attention to movements, and to come in if I didn't have four per hour. That's the first time in either pregnancy that she's brought it up. Normally I feel her all the time, so it isn't a big deal. I am a little more on edge about things after hearing about a tragic late-term (40w1d) loss this week. But overall I have no reason to worry.

So I go back in 2 weeks for a visit, u/s and group B strep culture, and then it'll be weekly after that.

March 9th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Just posting this here so I can keep track of it. This is my list of things to be done before baby comes.
  • Buy & install carseat - We have it now...just need to install the bases at some point
  • Partially pack hospital bag, and make a list of other things to pack when the time comes. List made
  • Make sure the camera/video camera are ready to go (memory cards cleared out, batteries charged, etc) - Done
  • Arrange for someone to keep Grace while I'm in the hospital
  • Make one or two more meals for the freezer - Done
  • Get FMLA paperwork filled out and submitted - Done
  • Order some pump replacement parts, and get them sterilized - Done
  • Possibly order a new pump through insurance (so I can have one for work & one for home)
  • Get a haircut
  • Re-organize Grace's play room - Done
  • CLEAN
  • Clean out the car - Done
  • Buy a baby book - Done
  • Buy some 4oz Drop-ins Liners - Done
  • Possibly buy some new nursing bras/tanks
  • Get a new diaper bag

Last edited by ThaiSpice; March 24th, 2013 at 07:55 AM.
March 18th, 2013, 09:53 AM
35 weeks

Missed an update last week. Overall, things are still going well, pregnancy wise. I have had a nasty cough for the past week or so. I keep hoping it's just viral and will go away soon, but if it isn't gone in the next few days, I'll have to get it checked out. I have an appointment this week anyway.

Still doing pretty well with the weight gain. I think I'm up not quite 33lbs, which is fine with me. Still able to move around and function fairly well. Definitely having more BH contractions, and they're getting stronger. I've had a few here and there (including this morning) that are more painful. Have been losing bits of mucus plug for a while now--nothing big though.

Appointment on Friday...GBS test & ultrasound to check for fluid/growth. I'd be surprised if they did a cervical check this early.

We're feeling pretty prepared at this point. Ideally I'd like to get a couple more nursing bras/tanks, but for the most part, I think we're pretty well set on everything. Definitely excited, but as I was telling DH the other day, I'm not to the "anxious to be done" stage yet. I'm pretty content!

March 24th, 2013, 03:48 AM
Update from my appointment this week:

Overall, pretty good. BP still good, urine negative for everything, overall weight gain still pretty steady at 1lb per week, fetal HB was in the 140's. Did the GBS swab, and she decided to do a cervical check, since I've started having occasional painful contractions. She said cervix is very soft ("mush" is how she described it); outer os is dilated to 2, inner os is still closed. Head is down, so that's good.

Then I went for the ultrasound. She spent a lot of time on the belly, and said that it was measuring small), but that everything else looked good. Umbilical cord dopplers looked good, placenta looked good. Measuring 5lbs + something (taken with a grain of salt). DH asked her if she could get a picture of the face, but really the head was so low and facing posterior, there was no way to get a shot of it. Anyway...once my OB sees the u/s report, if she has any concerns, she'll let me know.

Weekly appointments now. And this was the last visit with the APN. She assurred me that all of the rest of my visits will be with my actual OB, so that's good to know.

April 6th, 2013, 03:11 AM
36 weeks

Clinic was REALLY backed up today, so it took forever. Urine was negative for everything; BP was a little higher today, but still not high. Up 0.8lbs from last week. Fundal height was 34, so still slightly behind, but not terribly so. Fetal HR was in the 130's. GBS results were negative, so that's good.

And I did get to talk with my OB about the scan I had last week due to growth concerns. She said she consulted with MFM because the belly was measuring small. Everything else was looking great--placenta, umbilical dopplers, fluid levels, overall fetal growth, etc. She wanted to know MFM's recommendation for whether or not we needed to do NSTs or further monitoring from here on out due to the belly issue. They said that, all things considered, they would not recommend further testing unless overall fetal growth fell below the 10th percentile, which it isn't. They recommended another growth scan in three weeks if I'm still pregnant, and if she was measuring smaller than the 10th percentile at that point, or there were any other significant concerns (i.e. fluid levels, placenta not looking good, etc), they'd recommend considering an induction, but really, they feel like everything will be just fine. She said the plan is for me to do strict kick counts, and to go in for monitoring if she starts moving less, or doesn't move 4-6 times an hour. And I made appointments for weekly visits for the next three weeks!

April 6th, 2013, 03:16 AM
37 weeks

Had another appointment today...BP still good, urine clear, and weight gain still steady at 1lb per week. So at last week's appointment, my OB said she had talked to one of the MFM docs about my u/s report from a couple of weeks ago, and that doctor said he wouldn't do any further monitoring. BUT...she had also left a message with one of the other high risk guys, who called back after I'd already left, and he said he would do monitoring, just in case. So this week she put me on the monitor just to be sure everything looked ok. Everything was just perfect! Baby was moving well, and heart rate was responding appropriately. She didn't even leave me on for the full 20 minutes, because baby looked so great. So we'll do NSTs at my weekly appointments from here on out, just to be safe, but it seems like (as we suspected) everything is fine, and she's just small. FH this time was 36, so not too bad. HR was in the 140's to 160's. She also did a cervical check...50% effaced & fingertip. So, all in all, a good appointment!

Still feeling pretty good. Having random contractions and lots of pressure. Still able to exercise, though. We're pretty prepared, but still have a few last minute preparations to make. DH is getting excited and anxious!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search