Kimberly's Pregnancy Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Jellybean Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 13th, 2012, 10:28 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am 4 weeks today, and I figured now is as good a time as any to start this!

We were TTC for 3 cycles, and I got my on August 9th, which was 10 DPO. Here are my progression pics so far (10 DPO - 14 DPO, FMU):

So far, all is well! I've had only mild symptoms: backache, cramps, shortness of breath, increased sense of smell, mild nausea in the evenings, and general stretching/pulling feelings in the pelvic area. Slightly constipated & gassy. Other than that, I feel pretty good so far! With my last pregnancy, the crazy all-day nausea/vomiting didn't start until six weeks, so we'll see.

Weight at 4 weeks: 116lb (no change so far)

My first appointment is at nine weeks, which is September 17th. Hoping all is well between now and then!
dri2011 likes this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

Last edited by ThaiSpice; August 15th, 2012 at 02:57 AM.
August 14th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
So glad someone started a journal! I want to but I'm so afraid of jinxing myself :-(

Glad you're feeling well and your symptoms aren't so bad ... mine aren't horrible yet either, just some nausea here and there, extreme exhaustion & hunger.

I will be following your journal!!!
ThaiSpice likes this.

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

August 14th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missa_Mae View Post
So glad someone started a journal! I want to but I'm so afraid of jinxing myself :-(
Go for it!

August 20th, 2012, 07:18 AM
5 weeks!

So far, so good. No real complaints yet. So far my most noticeable symptom is shortness of breath. I've had some nausea here and there (like last night), but nothing bad yet. There have been some evenings where I just didn't feel like eating, and had to force myself to eat something. I'm still kind of waiting for the bottom to drop out as far as nausea goes. I've had a low grade fever off and on over the past week...not sure what that's about, but it has made me feel at times.

Still haven't told anyone but DH yet. We're hoping to tell our families this coming weekend, and I'll probably tell work people sometime after that. We probably won't do the big reveal until at least after our first appointment.

Weight at 5 weeks: 116.6lbs (up 0.6lbs from last week), so no big change there.

Here's to another week!

August 20th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
So glad you're doing well :-)

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

August 21st, 2012, 03:59 AM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Stopping by from TTC to subscribe to your journal! Glad things are going well for you so far.
ThaiSpice likes this.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
August 21st, 2012, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missa_Mae View Post
So glad you're doing well :-)
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenoj View Post
Stopping by from TTC to subscribe to your journal! Glad things are going well for you so far.
Aww...thank you!

August 27th, 2012, 06:50 AM
6 weeks

So last time around, 6 weeks was when the serious morning sickness kicked in. I'm still waiting for it to really show up...so far, it's just been waves of nausea here and there, but nothing too bad yet. I'm still completely expecting it to show up pretty soon. I'm still having a lot of shortness of breath, some headaches, more constipation, mild food aversions and irritability. My DH asked me last night why I had been so irritable lately. Seriously? I need to answer that? LOL. Very, very slightly sore boobs. Over the weekend, I felt pretty tired...more than I have up to this point.

OH...so we were planning to tell our families over the weekend, but it didn't happen. I want to tell my family in person, but we're having a hard time getting together with them. We were supposed to go to lunch Sunday with my mom, sister, BIL, nephew, but it didn't happen. And we're waiting to call DH's family until we can tell my family. SO...we may be waiting another week for that.

Weight at 6 weeks: 118lbs (up 1.4lbs from last week; up 2lbs total).

Three more weeks until my appointment!

Last edited by ThaiSpice; August 27th, 2012 at 06:52 AM.
August 28th, 2012, 04:05 PM
6 weeks, 1 day

I had a craving today for the first time. I had really been wanting something salty all afternoon. I don't really have any salty snacks around the house, but then it hit me: popcorn, popped on the stove-top. Once I got it in my head, I had to have it. It was YUM!

Also, I noticed today that the pantry had a really strong smell to me. Last pregnancy, I got to where I couldn't go in the pantry at all without vomiting, literally, because of the smell. When not pregnant, I can't smell it. Anyway...so that may be creeping up, which I totally expect, now that I've hit the 6-week mark.

One other thing: wanted to post this link here so that I can find it later: Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator

August 30th, 2012, 10:01 AM
6 weeks, 3 days

Cravings. Starting a couple of days ago, all I can think about is eating a giant bag of potato chips, and drinking an ice cold Diet Coke. I am trying really hard to eat healthier this time around, especially since my nausea/food aversions are not terrible yet. I've ben resisting the urge to eat potato chips (though I have had some Diet Coke here & there). I'm craving salty stuff for sure right now. I might have to give in and have a small bag.

Fatigue seems to be getting worse, especially in the afternoons/evenings.

September 1st, 2012, 04:44 PM
dri2011's Avatar Tired of Practicing
Hey Kimberly!! Stopping by to say hello. I have to ask what your shortness of breath is like. I'm experiencing something that I can only explain as that. Glad you're doing well. I'll be stalking.

*Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!*

September 3rd, 2012, 07:45 AM
Hey Dri! Well, I get out of breath so easily...things that would not normally affect me, like walking and talking at the same time, or walking up one flight of stairs, or sometimes even when I'm just sitting down, I'll just get out of breath. That was one of the first symptoms that I had. My fingers are definitely crossed for you!

September 3rd, 2012, 09:15 AM
7 weeks!

Well, I survived week 6 without too much nausea...just waves here and there, mostly in the evenings. I'm still feeling ok for the most part, but still having some food aversions. I've had a lot of nasal congestion, especially at night. And I'm to that hungry all the time, keep a snack on the bedside table stage. Definitely still craving salty stuff. Random heartburn, still some shortness of breath, but so far, so good.

I've still been working out...trying to do light cardio + toning 2-3 nights a week, and prenatal yoga a couple of nights a week. I hope I can keep it up! Some nights it's really a struggle to get up and get started, but I'm always glad I did.

I still haven't told anyone other than DH yet (and JM, of course). I'm having a hard time getting my family together to tell them in person (wanted to do it with them together). If it doesn't happen today, I will probably just tell my mom in person, at least, and then try to catch my sister sometime soon. Once we tell my in-town family, we'll call all of DH's family and my out of town family. THEN I'll tell work people. And sometime after my first appointment, I'll announce on FB.

Weight at 7 weeks: 118.6lb (up 0.6lb this week; up 2.6lb total).

September 10th, 2012, 11:23 AM
8 weeks!

Moving right along! This past week was a little bit more problematic for me, as far as symptoms go. I had a hard time finding things that I wanted to eat that were not completely unhealthy. Chips were the big craving this past week. Evenings tend to be the worst...fatigue, food aversions & nausea. So far, no real vomiting, but twice in the last week I've had dry heaves. Still, when compared with my last pregnancy, I'm feeling much better than I was at this point.

We finally were able to tell my family and DH's parents the good news! For my mom/sister/BIL/nephew, we went out to dinner with them, and I actually had my 2-yr old little girl tell them. She knows that there's a baby in my tummy (I don't know if she gets the concept, but if I ask her who is in my tummy, she says, "the baby," or if I ask where the baby is, she'll say, "in Momma's tummy.") SO, I pulled her aside and asked her to tell Nai Nai that there is a baby in my tummy. She kept saying, "a tummy in her baby!" LOL...she completely got it backwards, and then she got embarrassed. DH said, "What's in Momma's tummy?" and she said, "BABY!" They were all happy for us, and it was pretty cute. We tried to do the same kind of thing over the phone with DH's parents, but it didn't work out quite so well, although they got the message. We still have some family to tell (our siblings), and then that'll probably be it until after the first appointment (which is next week!!!).

Weight at 8 weeks: 121lbs (up 2.4 lbs this week; up 5lbs so far)

Looking forward to next week's appointment!

September 11th, 2012, 12:56 PM
I will be 8 weeks on Thursday and I am having a rough time right now. I am also suffering from the same symptoms. The nausea is getting worse and seems to be the worst at night, although the mornings are getting pretty bad. Headaches every single day. Nightmares. It's been miserable.

Hang in there!
September 17th, 2012, 04:54 PM
9 weeks!

First appointment today! This appointment was urine culture, vitals, STD testing, & a brief ultrasound. Like I said, we saw the heartbeat and movement. Baby is measuring 8w5d, so very close to expected. And just one babe.

We talked some about what to expect. She said because I'll be 35 when I deliver, I can have an u/s in the first trimester, and then a level two u/s in the second trimester instead of the standard anatomy scan. I will also have a chance to meet with a genetic counselor. Other than that, just the standard stuff.

My ob, who I love, is also pregnant. I thought she might be, because when I saw her in February for my annual, she said they were going to start trying. So she's 24 weeks. She'll be back from mat leave in time for my delivery, and I'll see an APN (or one of the other OBs if necessary) for a couple of visits while she's out.

Next appointment is Oct 22nd at 14 weeks.

I had taken the whole day off, because DH was supposed to get an infusion this afternoon, but it had to be rescheduled (insurance BS), so we had the whole day! We went out to eat, saw a movie, even wandered around Babies R Us for a while. Good day (other than a sore throat).

September 20th, 2012, 05:18 PM
9 weeks 4 days

This has been kind of a rough week. Started out great with a day off & a good appointment, but it has gone downhill. Nothing terrible...just that Grace & I both have nasty colds, and I've gotten very little sleep. So glad tomorrow's Friday! Maybe I can survive until then! Oh...also, first episode of vomiting in the morning happened this week. Ugh.

Weight at 9 weeks: 121 (no change this week).

Last edited by ThaiSpice; September 25th, 2012 at 06:55 AM.
September 24th, 2012, 06:11 PM
10 weeks!
Threw up again today, and he nausea is worse. Overall I'm good, though. Not much to report this week. All of our siblings know now. Next I need to tell work people.

About the same weight this week. Nothing new, really!

Last edited by ThaiSpice; September 25th, 2012 at 06:54 AM.
October 4th, 2012, 03:58 PM
11 weeks, 3 days

Not a lot going on this week, as far as the pregnancy goes. I haven't been quite as nauseated...haven't thrown up at all yet this week. But I'm still pretty exhausted and gross-feeling in the evenings. And I feel like my belly is HUGE today.

I announced the pregnancy to my employees & boss today at our staff meeting. It went well! I don't think anyone was surprised, really. They all seemed happy for me! I'm definitely glad it's out of the bag...now I won't feel like I need to hide my growing belly so much!

Otherwise, just business as usual. Can't believe I'll be 12 weeks next week! Still have a couple more weeks until my next appointment.

Not sure about weight this week...I've been reluctant to weigh, because I'm sure I don't want to know. Hoping to get back to exercising soon now that I'm over my cold.

October 8th, 2012, 06:03 PM
12 weeks!

Kind of hard to believe I'm at 12 weeks already. Time flies! I felt pretty good today. Had the day off & did a lot around the house. Now my back is stiff and sore, so I'm laying down. But it was nice to feel productive!

For the most part, my symptoms are still about the same: some nausea here &there, food aversions, and some fatigue. But I'm doing well overall. Still wearing regular clothes...my maternity clothes from last time are all too big.

Weight: 124.4lbs. So, up 8.4 lbs total. Guess it could be worse.

Next appointment in 2 weeks!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search