Lindsey's Pregnancy Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Jellybean Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 25th, 2012, 02:04 PM
linds2012's Avatar Expecting#1 (Due 4-15-13)
I've decided to join you ladies and create a pregnancy journal to track my prgnancy since its my first!

A little background info: Im 22 (23 in September) and my DH is 26. We have been together for over 6 years, married for 3 years! When i was 17 and a senior in highschool, i found out i was pregnant. I lost the baby at around 10 weeks, and was devastated. Ever since then, ive been so anxious to have a child. My DH has been putting it off, saying we're not ready.But in May for memorial day, we went to Gatlinburg with his family, and he told me that he was ready to start trying for a family. So early June i finished my pack of BCP, and and month and a half later i got my BFP!

August 6th, 2012 is when i got my BFP! I had just ordered a bunch of opk/hpt tests online to start doing opk's and charting! I had them sent to my work, and when they got there, i decided to take a hpt just for the heck of it! I really didnt think i was pregnant, but much to my surprise, it was positive! So i took another one that night, and showed my DH. He wasnt totally convinced, so i took another one the next morning, and he knew it was true! He was surprised that we had gotten pregnant so quick, in shock for a little bit, but then came around and starting telling his whole family!

I am now 6 weeks, 5 days pregnant and couldnt be more excited! I have told my mom, sisters, and co-workers, along with DH's family! I work in a pharmacy and do all the compounding, so i had to tell my co-workers asap to start teaching them how to compound since i wont be able to until after the baby gets here! Morning sickness hit me hard a few days ago, but hasnt been too bad! Zofran has been my best friend for that! I was having some cramping, but that seems to have gone away for now! My scrubs that i wear to work have been getting pretty tight, so thurday i went and got a pair of maternity pants, and i love them! They feel so much better to wear! My first appointment is on August 31, ill be 7 weeks, 4 days! Im going to have an appointment, and also an ultrasound!

August 27th, 2012, 06:41 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for another journal!

Glad everything is going well so far! Morning sickness definitely sucks, but thank godness for Zofran!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

August 27th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Yes, zofran has been my friend the past few days!!
August 31st, 2012, 11:20 AM
I wanted to update things, i am now 7 weeks 4 days pregnant! I had my ultrasound and first doctors appointment this morning. The baby had a heartbeat of 153, and everything looked good! I measured at 8 weeks, so that puts me ahead by a few days. But the doctor kept my due date the same at 4-15-13! I really really liked my new doctor that i saw! She was very informative and explained everything to me, plus gave me tons of info to read as well! My husband came with me and he thought it was really cool that he could see the heart beating on the screen!! I havent been feeling as sick the last few days, just a little nausea here and there! I hope it stays that way!!
September 30th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Okay so i dont know where the heck ive been, but ive missed almost a month since my last post!! Ive been busy!!! I am now 11 weeks 6 days, i had my second appointment last wednesday (September 26). It went really great! I had a pap smear, did a bunch of blood work, and we got to listen to the babys heartbeat! It was 170, and strong! That was honestly the best sound ever! Then my doctor told me that at my next appointment, she'll do a quick ultrasound to see if we can tell the gender! Ill be 15 weeks 4 days! I really hope she'll be able to tell! Im really hoping for a boy, but my gut instinct is saying girl! Ill be happy either way, as long as he/she is healthy, im happy! The morning sickness has been a whole lot better, i did throw up one time a few weeks ago at work, but thats been it! I was pretty nauseous this morning, but i think it was because of not eating last night before bed!

I cant believe im almost 12 weeks pregnant!! It seems like yesterday that we just found out, and now im almost to my 2nd trimester!! Ive had such a busy month, working around 50 hours a week every week! Its been tough, but the over time money is so worth it right now! I have a busy week ahead of me, a bridesmaids dress fitting/alterations after work on tuesday, seminars all day long on thursday and friday, and then my sisters bachlorette party on saturday night! Plus work monday, tuesday, and wednesday!!

I got up this morning and went deer hunting, something thats been a little harder for me now that im pregnant! Ive been getting lightheaded and short of breath so much easier, and i cant walk up some of the hills i could before! But, i had a great hunt this morning! I killed my very first ever deer (ive been hunting for 4 years now) and it was a nice 9-point buck!! So you can imagine how excited i was!! It makes all the getting up at 3:30am and walking forever to the stand so worth it!!

Anyways, i think thats about all for now! Sorry for the long story!!

October 7th, 2012, 12:10 PM
12 Weeks 6 Days

Wow, i cant believe tomorrow ill be 13 weeks! Start of the 2nd trimester! Time really seems like it is flying by! Its been a busy week this past week! Ive been feeling pretty good, only time i feel nauseous is when i first wake up in the morning and if i forget to eat! Friday morning i woke up to get ready for my seminar, and i swear none of my clothes that fit the day before, fit! I finally found some jeans my friend gave me that were a bigger size and was able to wear them! Ive been wearing maternity pants because they fit so much better!

October 19th, 2012, 08:36 PM
14 Weeks 4 Days
So today i went to David's Bridal to pick up my bridesmaids dress for my sisters wedding on Sunday, and i thought i was going to have a meltdown! I brought it in 2 weeks ago to get it altered because it was too tight. The lady said she would let it out as much as possible! Well, two weeks later, my stomach has tripled in size! I finally have a bump, which im thrilled about, but its not good news when im trying to fit into my dress! So i tried it on this morning at the store, and its tighter than it was two weeks ago, that with an inch let out on the sides!! I can hardly breathe in it, and my hips barely fit in the dress lol!! Luckily my sister said i can put it on right before the ceremony, and take it off right after!!! Im really just praying that 1: I can breathe and dont pass out and 2: that i dont split the dress since its so tight!!!!! I did really good tho, and didnt start crying in the store like i wanted to!!

On another note, im feeling great! Hardly any morning sickness at all! Im well into my second trimester now, and next friday i have an ultrasound to hopefully tell the sex of the baby!!! Me and DH are really wanting a boy, but i have a gut feeling its going to be a girl! As long as he/she is healthy, im happy!! I am a little nervous for the 20 week scan, since they will be checking to make sure there are no problems with the heart, brain, etc. My husbands brother and grandpa have both had to have several open heart surgeries each, and im scared that something could be wrong with the baby's heart since it runs in the family! DH's little brother is 12, and he's had 4 open heart surgeries, and 3 stints! He had his first open heart surgery at 3 days old!! But no matter what, it'll be okay!! I will feel better once we know something for sure!

October 21st, 2012, 04:01 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh man...hope it works out with the dress! And congrats to your sister! So glad everything is going well!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

October 31st, 2012, 11:02 AM
16 Weeks 2 Days

Its been a busy few weeks!! My sister's wedding went pretty good, with a few hiccups! I was able to wear my bridesmaids dress, but i had to have it unzipped a little just to be able to breathe!! During the ceremony, i felt like i was going to pass out, so one of my other sisters who was a bridesmaid next to me had to reach over and upzip it! I dont think anyone noticed tho!! But i made it through without passing out! My littlest sister had the stomach bug, and was throwing up all throughout the ceremony! But all in all it was a beautiful ceremony and they are happily married now!

We went on Friday the 26th to have my 16 week appointment! It went really good, just the normal weigh in (ive only gained 4 lbs so far), pee in a cup, how you feeling, etc! But my doctor also did an ultrasound! The heartrate was 149, and everthing looked good! And we found out we are having a little baby girl!!! The doc said she was 80/20 on the gender, so theres still a small chance it could end up being a boy! I just had a gut feeling that it was going to be a girl! When the doctor first started the ultrasound, the baby had her legs crossed tight! She was opening and closing her mouth, and had her little hand rested up her chin! It was adorable! After changing positions several times in attempt to get her to uncross her legs, she finally did and we were able to see that its a girl!! Me and dh both really wanted a boy, but i am beyond thrilled with a girl! As long as she is healthy, im happy!! We have decided to name her Layla, but we are still undecided on a middle name, at least we have awhile to think about it!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search