Nicole's Pregnancy Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Jellybean Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 7th, 2012, 07:44 PM
I have a lot to catch up on seeing as I am 7 weeks and 1 day pregnant. This is my second pregnancy. I have a beautiful little boy. I actually conceived him on the nuvaring so after he was born, I decided that I didn't trust birth control enough to use it again and so my SO and I decided to avoid my fertile days.

Well....it only worked for so long. Not sure if I ovulated early or late but here I am 7 weeks pregnant.

With my son, I had no clue I was pregnant until I missed my period. With this baby, I had suspicions having been pregnant before. A week before my period was due, I started having those "pregnancy vivid dreams". I shrugged it off since I always have intense dreams. But then I noticed that I was in bed and ready to sleep by 8:30. Then came the super human smelling ability. Mind you, this is all before my missed period which is never late. By the time I was 2 days late, I knew, and I was in complete denial. I tested when I was 5 weeks. 2 lines.

This pregnancy has been much rougher than my first. Nothing seems appetizing (except tacos) and I hate that I never want anything to eat. I wake up feeling nauseous all night long and now that I am 7 weeks pregnant, it has graduated to all day nausea and I am super miserable. Nothing helps, not food, not ginger ale, not sleep. My SO has been incredibly helpful, taking care of our son whenever I need to have that midday nap.

I find that I am showing very much and that is very depressing. I managed to escape stretch mark free with my son, but at the rate I am going, I don't know if that is going to happen again. I also do not plan on telling either friends or family until I am 12 weeks along, but with this belly, that may be impossible as well.

I am really happy to be able to have you guys to talk to.
September 7th, 2012, 11:43 PM
Regular

I hope you start to feel better soon. There are a lot of ladies on here who have nausea, vomiting and even HG so you aren't alone. I agree, it's so difficult to keep it quiet when you feel terrible all the time, huge belly (probably mostly bloat, so don't worry too much about stretch marks - anyway, it's a genetic thing and if you didn't get them last time I wouldn't expect you'd get them now), and you really want some sympathy! I love JM and our DDC, everyone is going through the same things and it really helps to all talk about things Welcome, anyway!

September 8th, 2012, 06:12 AM
Thanks Jac!!!

Funny enough, this morning I actually feel pretty good. My son let me sleep until 8:30am versus his usual 7am, so maybe the extra sleep helped. I have to work today so this is great! I was wondering how I was going to work feeling that way I have lately.

I hope to make another entry soon!
September 8th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Congrats on ur pregnancy! Im also preg.. I am 9wks and 5 days, my first pregnancy. I was married two yrs ago and tryed to get preg for 4 yrs n nva hapend n Im w my bf for 1 yr and poof it happens, craxy! Im 24 n hes 38!were both happy n I too have no appetite nausish ALL the time too! Try gettin zofran from yur ob, its for nausea it helps! Im alrdy on my 3rd refil lol! Goodluck w everything hun! Stay in touch!! Zoey
September 12th, 2012, 06:32 AM
I am 7 weeks and 6 days pregnant today and the nausea is only getting worse, especially at night. The mornings have been getting increasingly worse, too. I have not been puking, but gagging. It's tortuous. I remember from my last pregnancy that food cured nausea in my first trimester; unfortunately this is not the case during this pregnancy, especially at night. Ginger ale used to help too, but again, not during this pregnancy.

My brother did bring me some ginger chews. I have been apprehensive about trying them but last night, when the nausea because unbearable, I decided to try one. I did help! I ate it slowly and by the time I was done, I didn't feel as bad and was able to peacefully drift off to sleep. My son has been teething (molars) and has been having rough nights lately but miraculously, he slept all night which was a dream come true for me as I have needed the sleep at night. I did dream that I was pregnant with twins and now I am anxious to get an ultrasound to confirm that there is just 1 in there!

My cravings have switched from homemade tacos to Publix deli subs (lemon pepper chicken and mozzerella cheese) but that craving is slowly diminishing and I haven't figured out what I want to eat next, which is so irritating. I've been thinking about slice d apples with nutella and peanut butter *shrugs*. I bought some yesterday so we'll see what happens when I prepare myself some apples.

Is anyone getting headaches everyday? It's been really bad and I feel horrible for having to take tylenol everyday but if I don't, they will turn into full fledged migraines and then it's all over for me. It's really difficult to get comfortable at night which is a real pain (no pun intended). This pregnancy is not going smoothly at all but I have 4 more weeks left in this trimester and that's all I keep thinking about.

I hope you ladies are having a smoother pregnancy than myself!
September 13th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Week 8 and I m counting down until I hit the second trimester, which in my opnion is the BEST trimester.

My smell is wayyy off. My brother made some toast with peanut butter yesterday and it smelled like a cigarette ashtray to me. Gross! More dry heaving this morning without actually throwing up. I dread waking up in the middle of the night because that is when my nausea is the worst. Sometimes when I wake up through out the night due to dreams/nightmares, I realize just how nauseous I am and then it is very difficult to fall back asleep.

4 more weeks....4 more weeks.....!!

I am still looking at different pregnancy announcement ideas and there are so many cute ideas. I almost want to wait until I know the gender so I can make the pregnancy announcements THAT much more personalized.
September 14th, 2012, 05:17 PM
8 weeks and 1 day pregnant and I am coming to the conclusion that I might as well just accept the fact that perpetual nausea, fatigue, and upset stomach is my life for the next month or so. I love eating (when I am actually in the mood for something specific) but I hate the way I feel afterwards. I feel uncomfortably full and it takes forever for my body to digest the smallest meal. I have resorted to eating prunes to perhaps speed the process up. It's just a very nagging symptom and I am already over this!

I am also trying my hardest to stay hydrated but my stomach hurts after drinking something, hot or cold. My first pregnancy was just not this bad...yet this pregnancy makes me never want to be pregnant ever again. Seriously!

That is all.
September 17th, 2012, 08:23 AM
And the lesbian dreams begin........

Better than the Chainsaw Massacre nightmare I had before that.
September 17th, 2012, 08:23 AM
And the lesbian dreams begin........

Better than the Chainsaw Massacre nightmare I had before that.

Last edited by EnvironmentalMommy; September 18th, 2012 at 06:17 PM. Reason: double post
September 18th, 2012, 01:18 AM
Regular
Oh dear! I've had vivid dreams too - last night we watched Dr Who (which had a cyborg in) and then my husband played half-life 2 (which had zombies that he chopped in half with saws etc) and then we went to bed. You can imagine what my imagination did with that lot...

I've had a lot of headaches, and like you if I let them go on then they can turn into migraines, so lots of tylenol and caffeine have been coming my way (though I've tried to stay under the suggested 200mg caffeine limit).

I announced to my parents using a pregnancy countdown clock, and they really liked it. They kept checking it - several times a day, even though it only changes overnight! I thought it would help them to feel more involved as they don't live close to me (yet).

September 18th, 2012, 01:18 AM
Regular
Oh dear! I've had vivid dreams too - last night we watched Dr Who (which had a cyborg in) and then my husband played half-life 2 (which had zombies that he chopped in half with saws etc) and then we went to bed. You can imagine what my imagination did with that lot...

I've had a lot of headaches, and like you if I let them go on then they can turn into migraines, so lots of tylenol and caffeine have been coming my way (though I've tried to stay under the suggested 200mg caffeine limit).

I announced to my parents using a pregnancy countdown clock, and they really liked it. They kept checking it - several times a day, even though it only changes overnight! I thought it would help them to feel more involved as they don't live close to me (yet).

September 18th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Oh no Jac! Zombie nightmares are the worst! I didn't have any nightmares last night but I was woken up out of a dead sleep due to intense nausea and puked at 3:30 am. It was horrible! I was so tired after working a double yesterday. I couldn't go back to sleep for a while because every time I would lay down, the nausea would intensify! I also hadn't been able to (TMI) poop in about 4 days, so at 4 am, I ate a cup full of prunes, hoping it would do the trick. My son was up at 6:40 am, so I got up with him and had a couple cups of hot jasmine tea.

prunes + hot tea = poop!

Now I don't have to worry about any bathroom emergencies while at work today. I was really worried about that.

About your headaches, I find that if you take tylenol with something cold, then immediately drink something warm like tea or coffee, it really helps. My OBGYN also said to chew a couple Tums...I guess maybe it helps to break the tylenol down faster. Not sure.

How exciting that you were able to tell your family My family doesn't live near me either. I have a couple aunts and cousins here, and my boyfriend has his grandparents, aunts and sister. 3-6 more weeks until we tell everyone. I'm nervous but excited!
September 22nd, 2012, 10:03 AM
I am 9 weeks and 2 days pregnant today and I finally didn't gag this morning. Yay! I hope the morning sickness is finally starting to subside, although I still have to eat something every couple of hours or else I do start to feel nauseous. I have had a lot of headaches/migraines lately and I really hate those.

I have definitely been more fatigued lately, needing to nap through out the day because I just can't keep my eyes open. With my first pregnancy, it was the second trimester that I slept all the time. This pregnancy, this first trimester is kicking my butt.

I am having a hard time with Medicaid, so I have yet to even see a doctor. Hopefully it all gets taken care of so I can see a doctor before the first trimester is up. It's really frustrating.

Other than that, I am feeling okay. I bought a huge bag of cherries the other day and I have been DEVOURING them. I have also been eating Shredded Mini Wheats like 2x a day. I went to an art walk last night and there were FOOD TRUCKS!!! I ate the most delicious thin crust pizza and finished it off with a belgium waffle topped with nutella, ice cream, banana, whipped cream, and chocolate syrup. HEAVEN.
September 30th, 2012, 10:50 AM
I am 10 weeks and 3 days pregnant today and I am finally starting to feel some relief in the mornings but I am still feeling sick at night time. I am no longer only eating what I am craving, I can actually make myself healthy meals and eat them without a problem, whether I am craving it or not. I do however force myself to drink water. I never feel like drinking anything because the thought just makes my stomach turn. I add a splash of apple juice to a full glass of water and helps me to drink it down.

For lunch today, I made myself some mashed potatoes, peas, carrots, and sliced apples and I feel really good and energized. If I wear a form fitting shirt, I definitely look pregnant or just kind of fat in my midsection. Either way. I am showing big time. I am just so anxious to find out whether or not it is a boy or a girl, especially since I already have a little boy and I have a feeling this baby is my girl.

3 more weeks until I get to go to a private ultrasound facility and find out. Yay!!
October 7th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Today I am 11 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I can not believe that I am nearly through the first trimester; this pregnancy went by so quickly compared to my first pregnancy. I definitely look pregnant these days. I am visiting with my mother in law and I was miraculously able to hide this belly by wearing big enough shirts so she wouldn't notice my belly and on her birthday, I surprised her with the news of our new bundle on the way. Her reaction was priceless and she is just as excited as I am at the thought of having a little girl.

I am still having nausea, usually at night or after I eat something, and definitely if I nap during the day time. It is very frustrating when I have the opportunity to take a much-needed nap and all I want to do is throw up. I hope that it subsides 1005 soon. I weighed myself the other day and to my surprise I have gained no more than 5-6 pounds......I think. I gained 50lbs with my son and I do NOT want to do that again.

I can't wait to find out if my little bun is a boy or a girl. 2.5 more weeks!!!!
October 13th, 2012, 12:48 PM
I am currently 12 weeks and 2 days pregnant and I am officially tired of feeling like crap. Nausea hits at any time and it comes on out of nowhere. I can barely stay awake past 10pm these days; I'm drained. I can't wait to feel normal again. I surprised my mother-in-law last weekend and should be telling the rest of the family very soon. Not that I can hide this belly anyways.

I still feel that the baby is a girl and my MIL is hoping it is too! I don't blame her

I have been getting really REALLY hungry lately. Hunger feels like I haven't eaten in a week and my entire mouth just fills up with saliva as I contemplate eating non food items.....like the couch, the menu I am ordering my food from, heck even the cat. LOL. I don't have any cravings right now but all food in general tastes amazing, especially frozen yogurt.
October 17th, 2012, 07:10 AM
I am really baffled by this pregnancy! Now that I am about to hit the second trimester (12 weeks 6 days), I have begun throwing up regularly and out of nowhere. I could be perfectly fine one minute and then running to the bathroom the next minute. It came on so suddenly the other day, I didn't even make it to the toilet, I had to puke in my bathroom sink. Has anyone else encountered puking that started late?

I am so grateful for my sister in law! She gave me a plethora of beautiful maternity clothes left over from her pregnancy with my nephew. I can no longer wear ANY of my regular clothes, so I was so happy when she told me she still had her maternity clothes. I had just begun to buy shirts here and there but nowhere near the stockpile I just received from her. I purged my dresser and closet of all of my old clothes that I never, ever wear. Throughout the pregnancy, I am going to buy "skinny" clothes so I have a whole new wardrobe by the time I give birth. That makes me extremely happy

I don't know if I am crazy, but I swear that I feel the baby from time to time. Sometimes it is gas and I realize that shortly after I feel "movement", but sometimes it is NOT gas. I feel little tumbling motions if I am quietly laying on my couch at night time. I know quickening usually happens sooner with your second, third, etc. pregnancies. I am just wondering if I am actually feeling my little munchkin or not. With m first pregnancy, I was obsessed about feeling the baby so I would always drink some juice and lay on my side waiting and hoping to feel my son. This time, I am completely caught off guard when I feel what feels like the baby squirming and tumbling around in there.

The nightmares I had been experiencing in the beginning have shifted to not being so frightening but they are still not pleasant. Having gone to school for Environmental Studies (hence my username), I care about the health and outcome of our planet. Last night I dreamt that I was living on the Earth just as it was dying and I wondered how I was ever going to survive on a planet with no oxygen or life. Then (as usual), I dreamt about living in a world of zombies and all the safety precautions I had to take to make sure I wasn't eaten. I will gladly take lesbian dreams over zombie dreams ANY day!!
October 17th, 2012, 02:34 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry about the vomiting! That's no fun. Last pregnancy, my vomiting was worst around 13-14 weeks.

I'd say it's certainly possible to be feeling baby at this point. Very exciting!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

October 19th, 2012, 11:15 AM
I am 13 weeks and 1 day pregnant but I wanted to post my 12 week belly picture
October 23rd, 2012, 05:34 PM
13 weeks and 5 days pregnant today (I cannot believe how fast this pregnancy is going) and I almost puked today at work. I am a server at a restaurant and I nearly threw up in the middle of the restaurant, right in front of one of my tables as I was boxing up their food. Needless to say, I went home after that. These puking episodes are becoming more and more random, and less and less appreciated.

I woke up the other night around 2am and had to convince myself NOT to get up and drive to the 24 hrs Krispy Kreme shop. It's all I could think about in my half-awake state. I have been wanting sweets like crazy! Girl...maybe? *crosses fingers*

When I was pregnant with my son, I went to a private ultrasound facility to find out his gender at 14 weeks. A couple weeks earlier, my friend (also 14 weeks) went to her and found out she was having a girl. I took my sister-in-law to her when she was 14 weeks and she was told she was having a boy. This lady is a great ultrasound technician and has been working at this place for years and is always right. So, without further ado, I am going to go see her on Thursday so we can find out if we are having a girl or another little boy. I think PINK! Naturally, my boyfriend is hoping for a second son. We shall see. I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search