Today...

Forum: Islamic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Islamic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Alhamdulilah they did. I got DD from the bus stop around 1 and DH got home a couple hours later. I'm hoping she doesn't have school tomorrow since things are supposed to get pretty nasty.

January 7th, 2009, 03:05 PM
boysmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Today I cut 2 fingers badly and had to have 4 stitches in one of them. The other one was cut just under the nail and couldn't be stitched. They're both in my right hand, and it's now bandaged. It's hard to type so I won't be able to respond much today.

After all that's been going on with me, DH & I decided that we need to pay some sadaqa and slaughter a sheep for me. It's been one thing after the other!

I hope everyone here stays well.
January 7th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You're just not off to a good start this year! Insha'Allah you mend quickly. You poor girl!

Today DD had a two hour delay so we slept in a bit. I did a bit of cleaning and then we had a lot of fun with our power. It would go off every 2-3 minutes for about an hour. Yay! Then I went to pick up DD and took the kids with me to the grocery story. Now I'm home, everybody is fed, DS is bathed and DD is showering. I'll get them to bed and then clean more.

January 7th, 2009, 06:19 PM
~FaRRaH~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~FaRRaH~
Quote:
Today I cut 2 fingers badly and had to have 4 stitches in one of them. The other one was cut just under the nail and couldn't be stitched. They're both in my right hand, and it's now bandaged. It's hard to type so I won't be able to respond much today.

After all that's been going on with me, DH & I decided that we need to pay some sadaqa and slaughter a sheep for me. It's been one thing after the other!

I hope everyone here stays well.[/b]
InshAllah the sheep will be accepted and your health and that of your family will begin to improve greatly. Sorry to hear about your fingers, never had stitches so I pray its better than I imagine, OUCH!

Islam has contact dermatitis all over his legs this morning, spread to his arms and his face by tonight... I have racked my brain I cant think why. The Downy is the only new thing but we have used it before.. I took him to the doctor today for that and for his butt he has a severe exzema spot about 3in. diameter.. my poor baby.. This is why I SOOoooooooo dont like winter

So that was this afternoon, I also did some school work with Islam. He is ready to start homeschooling again, so I am letting him lead. He does math and practices writing his site words, names and of course Allah His writing has really improved, it is so awesome to watch him mature.

Oh, I have to boost a little... SuSu is counting. If I say 1 she answers 2 or tuuuu! oh and yelling Yella, Yella and waves her hand at us.. LOL

Islam Jr. 09-20-2003 * Sumaiya-Alee 09-07-2007 * Angel Baby 01-08-2010
January 8th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Sherry!! Alhumdulillah your stomach issues are better. InshAllah it will continue to improve as well as your fingers. I tell you it pays to have a doctor in the house! Dh did a similiar thing to his pointer finger on a commercial slicer, he wasnt paying attention and sliced off the tip. The cut went to the bone, its been about 8 years and til now his finger peels sometimes and the nerves are raw so if he bangs it it feels like a fresh wound. I hope its better soon.
As for Islam he has always had eczema, in the winter it gets worse on his bottom and dry spots on the rest of his body. SuSu has it too. But never this bad for him before. I spoke to the doctor, she said it is contact with something that caused it... I didnt change laundry detergants so I am confused what caused it. InshAllah we will figure it out so my poor boy can lose those bumps.

January 9th, 2009, 05:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Insha'Allah you'll figure it out and Islam will make a fast recovery.

Today DH is sick, but working and now DS is coming down sick. I really hope he isn't getting strep too. I'm going to go pick up my mom's townhouse keys from her new landlord today and she should be moving out here today/tomorrow.

January 9th, 2009, 07:30 AM
congrats on your mom's move Anna! Hope the boys feel better.

Islam is doing better today, Alhumdulillah! We are staying home today play, homeschool, laundry, etc...

January 10th, 2009, 05:05 AM
Today I need to go get milk for the house. Then I have some cooking, laundry and cleaning out toys in the kids room today.

January 10th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Today my mom is going to make her drive out so we're basically on hold until she gets here.

January 10th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Congrats, hope all goes well. How are the boys feeling Anna?

January 12th, 2009, 06:08 AM
I'm back after a JM break. I was feeling really down because of all that's happenning in Gaza, that I needed a break away from the internet. I'm sorry to disappear without warning.

Today, I'm going to visit a sick friend, run some errands, clean, and cook (I don't know what ). The kids have their first basketball practice tonight. It's going to be a very busy day.

January 12th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Today, DH is off and we are going to do our household shopping, lots of restocking to do plus buying all Free & Clear detergants for Islam inshaAllah it will help his skin. Otherwise a little laundry and cooking.

Sherry, I pray your friend is feeling better soon.

January 12th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope your friend makes a rapid recovery, Sherry.

Yesterday we helped my mom move in so that was pretty much the whole day. Today DS and I took a 5 hour nap so I'm pretty much down to cleaning time.

January 15th, 2009, 06:13 AM
Today it is freezing cold and we are staying home. Some school work for Izzie, clean up, cook, laundry.

January 15th, 2009, 09:34 AM
The friend I visited has a terminal illness (Pulmonary hypertension). Her only hope is a lung transplant which is very risky by itself. She has 4 kids 5-16 Y.O. and has been sick for a couple of years. It is really heartbreaking.

Today, I have nothing planned other than laundry and some organizing and cooking. It's a cold day (for us) high in the 50s and low in the 30s so I had to make sure the kids dress warm enough in the morning. It's cloudy and deppressing. It has been this way for a few days. I really miss the sun.
January 15th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Your poor friend and her family. Insha'Allah they can help extend and improve her life.

Yesterday and today I'm fighting a nasty flu. Yay.

January 15th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Oh, Anna...the flu is not fun, especially when you're pregnant. Insha' Allah you'll feel better soon. Drink lots of fluids and rest. I'm glad your mom is close now. Maybe she can help you with the kids or make you some chicken soup.
January 16th, 2009, 05:55 AM
Today we woke up to a temp of 30!! This is FLORIDA! We can't handle freezing temps, LOL. Even DH had to wear a jacket (happens only a handful of times a year).

Yesterday I got a call from school that B had a stomach ache, and there's a stomache bug going around the school, so I picked him up early. Alhamdulillah he was fine the rest of the day and went to school this morning.

Today I'm going to a study group (halaqa), Friday prayer, pick up kids, then home to prepare dinner. Clean laundry is piled up wiating to be put away, and i have some more to wash. It never ends.
January 16th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Sherry, 30 is FL its only 15 here and a wind chill that made it 2-3F. I dont like cold at all, I need to get to the store however I am not motivated by the temps. I glad to hear B is feeling much better today. Enjoy your day, sounds nice.

Today, I really need to get to the store and bank. It may have to wait until tomorrow, I'll check the weather. I am doing some laundry and have already straightened up. I need to wash a few dishes and 1 more load of laundry, remake Islam's bed. I striped the bed earlier.

January 17th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Today, ahhh! My nephew stayed last night and needed a ride to basketball today, his sisters had cheerleading tournament. So we were up and out early, his game was at 10:00. We didnt get home until 11:45-12 SuSu was passed out and I laid her in the crib with her jacket on, she was asleep until 1:30. Then we had lunch and the kids have been playing. I did some cleaning, laundry and now I am making dinner.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search