Today...

Forum: Islamic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Islamic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 31st, 2008, 01:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Assalamou alaikum,

Let's start a clean slate for 2009! As soon as it's 2009 where you live feel free to post in this thread! I'll request a lock on the old thread when I wake up tomorrow.

December 31st, 2008, 09:11 PM
boysmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Happy new year!

Off to bed now.
January 1st, 2009, 06:52 AM
~FaRRaH~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~FaRRaH~
Hppy New Year!! Dh is off today so I am not sure what we will do however I know I will make a big lunch, we may go out for awhile to see friends. Otherwise we dont have a lot on the agenda.

Islam Jr. 09-20-2003 * Sumaiya-Alee 09-07-2007 * Angel Baby 01-08-2010
January 1st, 2009, 07:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Happy New Year! Today is my usual grocery shopping. Beyond that I'm not sure what we're doing yet.

January 1st, 2009, 01:50 PM
Emily_In_KSA's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Happy 2009 to everyone, insha`Allah.

Today I went to stay with my dear friend in the hospital who had to have a D&C after a miscarriage. Very sad but alhamdulilah she is holding up as best as can be expected. After DH, Aboudi and I went to dinner, then did some shopping...now it's almost 1 am and we are watching a movie. So, I guess "today" is now yesterday, lol.

Thank you Colleen for the beautiful siggy.

January 1st, 2009, 07:01 PM
I'm sorry about your friend Emily. Insha' Allah she'll be OK

Today, I'm feeling better Alhamdulillah. We sat around the house most of the day, DS1 worked on his scince project, Dh did some paper work, and I took care of the kitchen, laundry, and ironing. We were invited to dinner at friends' house and just came back.

January 2nd, 2009, 05:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope your friend finds the strength she needs during these difficult times, Emily.

Today I'm doing the typical cleaning in addition to looking at a place for my mom since she's 8 hours away. If it looks good she'll move in there on the 9th and it's just a few minutes down the road. Yay!

January 2nd, 2009, 06:25 AM
Anna: It's great your mom may live so nearby !!

Today: Grocery shopping, then cooking dinner. My uncle and his wife "may" come over for dinner. I have to call them soon to find out.
January 2nd, 2009, 06:37 AM
May Allah bless your friend Emily and give her strength and understanding in this difficult time.

Today is home for us, we had fun yesterday and we all had a rough night so we need to rest. Now we need to clean up and cook good food.

January 2nd, 2009, 02:24 PM
Thanks so much ladies.

Today we went out to the desert and drove remote control cars, lol...then we had a wonderful dinner at this huge, new Italian restaurant (with a French name?), then we went and donated some money for aid to Gaza, then we came home and I had a nice long talk with a dear friend from college, alhamdulilah. It was a nice day.

(Sorry I always talk about my day in review, I never seem to get online until late at night)

January 3rd, 2009, 06:46 AM
I have to go to the mall and get DHs jacket it is being fixed... some other little things. BTW my power cord is still out I am waiting on a new one so online access is limited.

January 3rd, 2009, 03:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Today was DH's birthday so we had a very busy day full of lots of people. I'm exhausted!

January 5th, 2009, 05:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
DD went back to school today so we got up bright and early. DH also started a new class today so he's back to 16+ hour days 3 days a week. I'm just going to do my usual cleaning and at some point I'll go pick up my vitamin refill. Otherwise it's going to be a nice, quiet day.

January 5th, 2009, 07:40 AM
I fasted today for ashura...went to tutor one of my students...and now I am going to clean up the kitchen and then settle in to do something school work (assuming Mr. Aboudi allows me to)...I'm also hoping to get on the treadmill for at least 30 minutes but we'll see how it goes.

January 5th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Today: The stomach bug that I had last week is back!! I got better for a couple of days, started eating normal, then boom....it's all back and even worse! today I'm totally miserable, the whole pepto bismol ad (if you know what I mean, LOL).. (and I'm taking Peptobisomol, but it's not working!). I guess I should listen to Dh and my uncle (GI doc) and take the antibiotic. I'll call my uncle tonight and see what he says. I'm really tired of all this, it's been 10 days and I've lost quite a bit of weight (not that I mind, LOL). I just want to be able to eat and feel normal again. Alhamdulillah for everything that I do have. I really shouldn't whine, especially seeing what's happenning in Gaza.

My uncle and his wife visited us on Saturday and had dinner with us. I was sooo happy they were here. Yesterday after Sunday school I had to help my son with his science project. He did everything by himself. I just had to proofread and check everything, then help with the display. I ended up doing the display board all by myself while he finished up his log. I should have taken pics of the board before he went to school! last year he won at school and went to the regional fair where he won second place :-)

Kids are back at school today. The house is too quiet! I'm taking it easy (not that I'm able to do much anyway).
January 5th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Dh is off again today I am cooking and just hanging out.

January 6th, 2009, 06:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Today is already fun! I took DD to the bus stop and the bus immediately pulled off the road because her lights stopped working. So they had to sit there for awhile until another bus with working lights came. What makes it even better is the bus they started out on was already a spare bus because their normal bus is in the shop with engine troubles! Then I get a call from DH saying the roads are so screwed up he hadn't even made it to the job site yet after 2 hours on the road and it'd probably be at least another hour before he got there. Fun! Then to make it even better I got a call from the school's automated system saying that due to the weather they're releasing them 2 1/2 hours early today! What was the point in even making them go? It was already sleeting when I took her to the bus stop! Can I just sleep through the rest of the day?

January 6th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Today we are going to be home again, the weather is yuck! DS has been working our nerves and not being very well behaved so he is on work duty (I stay on him non stop to do things he should be doing, and extra work cleaning up!) yesterday DH got so mad at DSs lack of respect that he punched the table. Today DHs hand is swollen and bruised OUCH! He also bent his wedding band, grrrrrrrr..... So inshAllah they will both learn lesson on how to interact with each other. cleaning , laundry, etc today.

January 6th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Today, I'm feeling a little better Alhamdulillah. I started the antibiotic yesterday, so it must be working. AF is being really mean and I can't take Ibuprophen because of my stomach. I took Tylenol, but it doesn't do much.

Farrah: My DS1 was misbehaving yesterday and got into lots of trouble at home. It must be the first day back at school!. I hope your son (and DH) will be in a better mood today.

MamaAnna: Stay safe!. Insha Allah your daughter and Dh will be back home safely.

I have tons of house work and very little energy.
January 6th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Sherry, it must have been in the air.... do your boys act 1 way with you and another with their father?? Islam is usually much better for me then his father so it frustrates his father to no end. However I think its because I have been home and therefore become the disciplinarian.

Anna, do everyone get home safely?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search