We are about to switch from crib to bed

Forum: Islamic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Islamic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2006, 08:35 AM
~FaRRaH~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~FaRRaH~
Asalam Alaikum

Yesterday we bought our son his bed, he has been in a crib this whole time, he loves his crib and is very attached to it. His nights are 12 hours long, he loves his bed and sleeping. So, now we have to get him into a bed. Any suggestions on how to make it easy?

Wa'salaam

Islam Jr. 09-20-2003 * Sumaiya-Alee 09-07-2007 * Angel Baby 01-08-2010
January 25th, 2006, 10:13 AM
Regular
Asalaam Alaikum. here's a suggestion for you - have a party!!! Make it like a birthday party for his NEW, big, super- dooper bed - some balloons, a small present or 2, little cupcake or something. Tell him that his crib needs to go away so that maybe soon there could be a new baby to sleep in it - Insh'Allah - your hopeful new one - or maybe a Women's shelter could use it.
Tell him he won't be able to grow tall and big like Daddy if he stays in a little bed...that might work.
Make the new bed exciting, soft and inviting. Maybe let him nap in it or read in it for a few days before actually sleeping the night in it....
Hope you find what workd best.
Salam
January 25th, 2006, 10:31 AM
~FaRRaH~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~FaRRaH~
Walaikum Salaam

That is kind of what I've done, I took him with me and he picked out his new bed stuff. I even bought hima fuzzy pillow he liked. Now we are laying in it and letting him play on it to get used to it and than next week we thought we would let a friend take him for a few hours and when he returns the crib would be all gone.

I guess I'm just so worried about his attachment but like anything I'm sure all in time, he'ss forget and love his bed.

Thanks Alot for everything, wa'salaam

Islam Jr. 09-20-2003 * Sumaiya-Alee 09-07-2007 * Angel Baby 01-08-2010
January 26th, 2006, 06:00 AM
UndaCovaSis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like good advice. I don't have any experince in this area. Maybe in a few years, I'll post on how I can get my daughter out of MY bed and into her bed. haha InshaAllah khair.

So Crunchy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search