Muslim Protesters

Forum: Islamic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Islamic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2006, 06:38 AM
mrobinson
Hey Girls!

I wanted to ask about the most recent protesting in Lebanon. Although it seems it started a demonstration against the Danish from the cartoon depicting the Prophet Muhammad, it seems more to stem from the western alienation... is that a correct understanding or is there more the west isn't understanding?
February 6th, 2006, 07:17 AM
~FaRRaH~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~FaRRaH~
From what I have read, the protest is not just about a portrait of a Phophet, but the fact that the Scandanavian people as well as Danish officials refuse to apologize for the cartoon. Drawing pictures of our Prophet or any Islamic person is so strictly guarded as a huge no. We believe that pictures are idolalizing the person and we dont have pictures to worship them.

I cant explain it exactly, but I hope you get the idea. The point that no one wants to apologize is largely to blaim. I dont agree with violence at all, I think this has gotten completely out of hand.

Islam Jr. 09-20-2003 * Sumaiya-Alee 09-07-2007 * Angel Baby 01-08-2010
February 6th, 2006, 07:41 AM
mrobinson
Quote:
From what I have read, the protest is not just about a portrait of a Phophet, but the fact that the Scandanavian people as well as Danish officials refuse to apologize for the cartoon. Drawing pictures of our Prophet or any Islamic person is so strictly guarded as a huge no. We believe that pictures are idolalizing the person and we dont have pictures to worship them.

I cant explain it exactly, but I hope you get the idea. The point that no one wants to apologize is largely to blaim. I dont agree with violence at all, I think this has gotten completely out of hand.[/b]
It really does! Thank you for taking the time to explain about pictures and the lack of apology.
February 6th, 2006, 02:16 PM
UndaCovaSis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They aren't just cartoons. They are degrading and disgusting. One of them portrays the prophet in sky (heaven) telling men they can't come in because "we've run out of virgins". The other has a bearded man with a bomb on his head (like a turban) that says the two testments of faith (what you say in order to become a muslim). Mix that with Europes never-ending saga and desire to ban hijab (scarves) and niqab (face veils)... There have been alot of peaceful protests, but some people get out of hand at protests.

So Crunchy
February 8th, 2006, 07:42 AM
mrobinson
I actually am praying for Ahmed Akkari because he feels soley responsible... I pray that he will quit feeling guilty for things out of his control..
February 12th, 2006, 03:16 AM
stins12's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to stins12
Quote:
They aren't just cartoons. They are degrading and disgusting. One of them portrays the prophet in sky (heaven) telling men they can't come in because "we've run out of virgins". The other has a bearded man with a bomb on his head (like a turban) that says the two testments of faith (what you say in order to become a muslim). Mix that with Europes never-ending saga and desire to ban hijab (scarves) and niqab (face veils)... There have been alot of peaceful protests, but some people get out of hand at protests. [/b]
Please make sure you get your facts straight, when when you make a statement.

the "desire" to ban scarves an face veils was in France!! not the rest of Europe. So how can you call it "Europe's never ending saga"???? it sounds like you have a problem with other cultures an nationalities

No doubt about it the cartoons are wrong BUT......people have freedom of spech and press in Denmark, and what a newspaper prints has nothing to do with the goverment.

So when muslims around the world, demand appoligies from the danish head of state, and the queen non the less (who has no say in political matters) I'm thinking they are out of their minds!!! because these people have nothing to do with it. WHO is responsible?? the newspaper who printed the cartoons and that's that.

So to burn down embassy's and flags and make death threats towards danish people, is just as degrading and disgusting.....as I'm sure some muslims found the cartoons to be.

which then makes all the muslims doing this, NO better then the people and the newspaper who made and printed those cartoons!!!

-Christina

Christina

Thanks Julia!!! for my siggy!!

2x
February 12th, 2006, 09:36 PM
UndaCovaSis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Actually, several countries have tried and/or are trying to ban scarves or face veils along with many institutions. It is not only France.

While people are entitled to freedom of speech, there are boundaries when it comes to hate.

I am sorry you feel the need to get so defensive. We were trying to have a civil discussion here.

So Crunchy
February 13th, 2006, 07:09 AM
mrobinson
Quote:
Actually, several countries have tried and/or are trying to ban scarves or face veils along with many institutions. It is not only France.

While people are entitled to freedom of speech, there are boundaries when it comes to hate.[/b]
It most definately sounds like this religion is singled out... I can't image how must resistance there would be to people not being allowed to wear crosses, or other religous symbolism.
February 14th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Salaam All(Peace),

Thankyou for not being ignorant MROBINSON! You are absolutely right about our religion Islam(Peace) being singled out. It is a test from God. We trust God. Europe, a couple parts that I know of Paris and Italy have a ton of Muslims there. The Mosque in Rome, Italy is the 2nd biggest as MECCA. Many ppl wear the scarf in Paris and Italy.
February 16th, 2006, 05:18 PM
mrobinson
I would like to share what I read today in our local newspaper... It's a letter from a Canadian soldier in Afghanistan.

I am a soldier in the Armed Forces. I have friends in Afghanistan and more leaving for there soon.

I am disgusted with the fact any Canadian would publish the recent Muslim-oriented cartoons.

Our soldiers are doing their best to help Muslim people all over the world, so the next time our true patriots get bombed by a terrorist, or civilians are killed by terrorists, you can be sure their blood was spilled needlessly due to these very racist cartoons. How about putting a picture of Christ with a bomb and calling him "Son of Freedom?"

I am Catholic and attend church, but believe me, Canada has had more problems with Christian fanatics than Muslim fanatics.

All in all, those who publish, write, or draw such disgusting propaganda should be sent to other countries, because I find it hard to be a Canadian soldier and pledge my life to their freedom.

Atlee Boothman
February 16th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Thankyou for sharing that article.
February 16th, 2006, 06:46 PM
~FaRRaH~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~FaRRaH~
God bless the soldier adn all people like yourself MRobinson who can see everyone as people and not a sect or group. It so unfortunate that people still see all Muslims with the hate they feel and we feel for the extremist.

God willing one day we will all be equal in everyone's eyes.

Islam Jr. 09-20-2003 * Sumaiya-Alee 09-07-2007 * Angel Baby 01-08-2010

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search