We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Today DS was having a LOT of trouble swallowing. Just trying to take his liquid Motrin was choking him so the pediatrician ordered neck x-rays to make sure there wasn't some sort of blockage in his throat. Alhamdulilah there wasn't. However, he's also doing a major blood panel and testing him for dehydration. It has been 8 hours since his last wet diaper and that one was after a 13 hour wait. He just won't drink. We go back tonight so he can get another antibiotic injection. He may be readmitted to the hospital for fluids. We just don't know at this point. The doctor is also going to send us to an out of county ENT to get his tonsils removed ASAP. They're working on finding somebody to do it. The local facilities aren't equipped to work on small children so we may end up going to Baltimore or D.C. to have it done.
Anyways, with all this going on I may be MIA soon. There's just too much up in the air. Plus DS hasn't slept in about 48 hours so neither have I. When he finally starts feeling better we may both just sleep a few days! Insha'Allah I'll have good news soon.
Thanks. The antibiotics are getting the first infection under control so he doesn't have to go back to the hospital just yet. They think he's his own strep carrier so every time he gets so much as the sniffles he's going to have another full blown infection. Hopefully he'll have his tonsils out in a few weeks and he can finally fully recover.