If you could take away one thing???

Forum: Islamic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Islamic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2009, 06:17 PM
~FaRRaH~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~FaRRaH~
If you could take out or away one part of Islam that is hardest/most difficult to adhere to, what would that be and why?

Islam Jr. 09-20-2003 * Sumaiya-Alee 09-07-2007 * Angel Baby 01-08-2010
August 6th, 2009, 09:32 AM
adam*s_mami's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ohhhhh geez i dunno, having to wear hijabI guess, I will prob get crucified for this again, but I just have a hard time wearing on my head, I will of course do It one day but right now i am struggling......

August 6th, 2009, 10:08 AM
hijab, probably the same here.. I have tried and it is something that makes me feel like if I wear it it should be when I am ready to be very pious, not just as a OH LOOK AT THE MUSLIM, KWIM?? It seems backwards to wear hijab and yet not follow Islam to the law, does that make sense?

August 7th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Yes, so many girls here in Dearborn wear it and they dont even pray I dont understand that at all, it seems to me to be hypocritical to do that....

August 7th, 2009, 03:04 PM
I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling like that... so inshAllah some day I will be pious and then a hijabi

August 8th, 2009, 11:21 PM
shilo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I guess the part of Islam that is most difficult for each of us is the part that we need the most so I wouldn't take it away. For me wearing hijab is not the most difficult thing, but I also don't view it as if you wear it you are saying you are "pious" or doing everything right, so I don't think people who wear it and commit other sins are behind hypocritical anymore than anybody else. (I know not everybody takes this view and there are some who go just on appearances, but this is a separate problem). I think every area which you adhere to Islam has its reward so the person who puts on hijab and still commits another sin, still did something right. Even if they are not following every other aspect of Islam, maybe their wearing it helps prevent other sins that they would struggle with even more if they didn't wear it. Nobody is perfect and no muslim is perfect either. But just because you have difficulty following one area doesn't mean you should give up on it or other areas, like thinking you have to wait to wear hijab until you feel more pious. (kinda like... well I ate one peice of cake, I might as well eat the whole thing because the diet is already blown Yes I have problems with that exact example too lol). For me I think interactions with the opposite sex probably come up the most as difficult to handle Islamically, it's been my downfall more than once. But, I wouldn't change Islamic guidelines surrounding that (as I understand them), I think following them is beneficial to me when I do so and not following them leads to problems.

August 9th, 2009, 04:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'd have to go with the hijab since it seems to be so heavily misunderstood these days. So many simply refuse to believe it isn't a sign of oppression. KWIM?

August 9th, 2009, 04:54 AM
I really like what you have to say Shilo, I could see learning from you if you lived near me... we think differently so you challenge my thoughts, Thank you!
I admit that I lost my will to try hijab once I went to Egypt, everyone wears hijab there however some of the behaviors of these people made me turn away. I cant imagine being associated to them simply by the commonality of a scarf... for me and my experiences the most "pious" of people were the worst behaved towards even their own families. I havent been able to get past this yet... inshAllah

Anna, I do know what you mean! It is crazy, however I think we need to challenge ourselves not to let others affect how we feel about something. If you truly want to wear a hijab then that should be all that matters.... easier said then done I know!

August 9th, 2009, 08:14 AM
I do feel that wearing hijab though is a symbol of islam, so If a woman chooses to wear it that she should know that her actions represent our religions and she should conduct herself in a certain way, I am not saying that if you do not wear it you can go out acting any kind of way just because noone will know you are muslim. A muslim woman should always conduct herself with respect to her religion, whether or not she covers, and Allah will judge each of us accordingly.

When I see women who wear a scarf and her jeans are butt tight and she is wearing a corset with a long sleve shirt underneath, and tons of makeup, and they act like they are very very pious, like what I see around here all the time yes I do think that is very hypocritical, that is the opposite of what the hijab is meant for it is to be modest and hide your beauty from the opposite sex...unfortunaly people do not respect the idea...

August 9th, 2009, 10:34 AM
That is what I see lots of especially among the young in Egypt and it is offensive to me.. its a societal thing everyone past a certain age must wear one so that everyone else thinks certain things of the family, this is where my opinions and ideas come from. So I can see there are many sides to this and yet all are valid!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search