Sunday!! Qotd

Forum: Islamic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Islamic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2009, 05:48 AM
~FaRRaH~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~FaRRaH~
Asalam Alaikum ladies

Happy wonderful Sunday!!

Are you BIG birthday celebrators?? Or are they fairly simle and like another day in your home?

Islam Jr. 09-20-2003 * Sumaiya-Alee 09-07-2007 * Angel Baby 01-08-2010
August 16th, 2009, 08:36 AM
adam*s_mami's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Usually I have birthday week! but this past couple years nobody cares I guess no I think I have just gotten older so....

August 16th, 2009, 09:39 AM
we try to make the birthdays for the kids something real special for ourselves its usually not much of anything, in the past we did parties, this year we are taking them to amusement parks, since they both seem to love rides, etc

August 17th, 2009, 09:07 AM
shilo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't celebrate birthdays... haven't since I converted to Islam. My understanding is they are not an islamic celebration.

August 17th, 2009, 10:58 AM
And so Shilo you wont celebrate your son's 1st?
Did you know in Islamic countries they observe and celebrate Prophet Mohamad's birthday and I would like to provide this link to show that a celebration of a birthday is allowed in Islam Islam's Stance on Celebrating Birthdays - IslamonLine.net - Ask The Scholar

August 18th, 2009, 01:12 PM
I know that at the mesjids around here we celebrate the Prophet mohamad's a.s. B-day as well as all our Imams a.s. and Fatima b-day A.s, (I know that if you are not shia you proabably wont celebrate those last one) but I dont think there is anything wrong with it as long as you dont listen to music and stuff that is harram...

August 20th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We're light celebrators with the exception of the first birthday. Beyond that the birthday person usually picks a meal and we have that along with cake. Just a simple thing, nothing big.

August 21st, 2009, 01:11 PM
shilo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't agree with celebrating birthdays in general, including the prophet's birthday... at the time of the prophet they did not celebrate his birthday or other prophets' birthdays. I'd have to disagree with the statement in the link "In Islam, birthdays are not considered `eid (a festival) like `Eidul-Fitr or `Eidul-Adha, because `eids have conditions and guidelines such as not being allowed to fast during the days of Eid." There are a lot of non-Islamic "eids" that don't have conditions like this that we don't celebrate because they are not our eids (for example Christmas... which commemorates the birth of another one of our prophets, but we don't celebrate it becuase it's not an Islamic eid). So I think it is an innovation. Most muslims I've known also do not celebrate birthdays for this reason. But I've also known others who celebrate Christmas because "it's a cultural thing," I just don't agree with this.

August 21st, 2009, 05:04 PM
to each their own

August 22nd, 2009, 07:42 AM
Ive actually never in my life heard of a muslim who doesnt celebrate birthdays although I am sure there is a handful of them interesting but you have your opinion and you are entitled to it......

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search