MamaAnna

Forum: Islamic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Islamic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2009, 05:22 AM
~FaRRaH~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~FaRRaH~
Hey Anna, I was wondering have you started homeschooling yet and if so how is it going??

We are scheduled to start september 1st, so I have my schedule set and inshAllah it will work as planned. We are doing 2 hours a day, from 11-12 and 1-2, more if needed. We are also going to do tues-sat.

Islam Jr. 09-20-2003 * Sumaiya-Alee 09-07-2007 * Angel Baby 01-08-2010
August 31st, 2009, 01:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
DH had me start last week, but I am so not ready. I haven't been able to get to the store to get things we need like paper. As soon as I've mended a little more I'm going to go get the last of our supplies. That aside though I think it's going well so far. She's cooperating well for me and seems to be learning. We're doing all day on weekdays. All day just because she likes to procrastinate on anything that involves writing so it can take awhile.

September 1st, 2009, 07:18 AM
watch you dont burn yourself out, I want to take a pic of his work area and post it, he was so excited this morning when he saw it all set up.. it helps me to see it too because now it feels like school time. I even made a schedule for us to go by. It is our normal, but to see it in writing helps not to forget to get our things done. I will let you know how it goes this evening

September 1st, 2009, 07:39 AM
adam*s_mami's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck girls

September 1st, 2009, 08:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope it goes well. DD is working well for me today. I don't think we'll burn out with the way things are spread out, but if we start to show signs of it then we'll take a vacation and I'll revise. At this point I'm not planning on observing 99% of the districts days off. After all, it isn't like we'll be having parent teacher conferences and Easter isn't exactly our thing.

September 1st, 2009, 12:24 PM
I'm glad she is working so well for you, today went great we did review of alphabet and sounds #s 1-20 in both lang. colors in both lang. critical thinking, animal science, and Islam intro.. all in all a great day... Hey Anna I dont know if they still have them but Target $$ aisle used to have school supplies for teachers etc and I got a year planner for $1!

Here is our work area>>

September 2nd, 2009, 06:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That's a really nice work area. DD just does her work at the table for now since the house is sort of upside down. She likes having the large work space though so it works. I'll have to check out Target for supplies as well. I hadn't thought to look there.

September 12th, 2009, 10:59 PM
shilo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck I think it's great that you have the opportunity to do this. When I was a kid (I was homeschooled until college) we only did it in the morning (after breakfast until lunch, with breaks for taking a walk, shower, and snacks). It worked great and we had afternoons free for "extracurricular" classes, playing, chores, and other stuff that came up.

September 14th, 2009, 07:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We're sort of the opposite. We take the morning easy and put focus on school in the afternoon while DS naps. He wants to do the same things she's doing and unfortunately that means on the same papers. I'm going to have to come up with some stuff for him to do!

September 14th, 2009, 07:15 AM
Hey Anna, I collected all the crayons and coloring books, etc and made up a box for SuSu... when she is being difficult I give her her own box. She could color forever. Hopefully DS will find something he likes to do too!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search