Today 2010

Forum: Islamic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Islamic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2010, 07:32 AM
adam*s_mami's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG Anna that sounds horrible your poor DH I didnt know that hernias could be seen outside of the body wooow.....glad to hear that E is doing better though!!!!

How are you feeling Farrah?

Well I feel like Adam is trying to push him self out by himself seriously the pressure down there is so bad I cant sit.....I will def let you all know tomarrow after my apt what she says its in the morning so ill update you on some hopefully good news!

January 6th, 2010, 01:17 PM
~FaRRaH~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~FaRRaH~
I cant wait I'll be checking in... <<dilating vibes>>

Islam Jr. 09-20-2003 * Sumaiya-Alee 09-07-2007 * Angel Baby 01-08-2010
January 7th, 2010, 03:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Dilation dust!

(They have that stuff for everything!)

Today I'm going to go to the grocery store and the doctor, plus DH is meeting with the surgeon again. Beyond that we'll just see how things go.

January 7th, 2010, 06:40 AM
today i need to cut Islam's hair, HS, clean house and I dont know what else... tomorrow we have to go get Islam's new passport done inshAllah we will have it in time.

January 7th, 2010, 07:36 AM
Bad news ladies....still NOT dialated and she wont induce me at 39 weeks because I havent dialate...she said well the good news is that your cervix is really soft and short and the baby is really low....blah not good news I started crying I just want to be comfortable again Im sad.....

January 7th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Oh no! Kareema.. I am so sorry. I really cant imagine. Doesnt your mom or anyone have any ideas how to help you get some needed rest? I really hope he changes his mind real soon.

January 7th, 2010, 02:38 PM
No not really their advice is ppl have been having children for thousands of years your just being a baby...and that I need to be more active basically "walk it off" yea gotta love arabic mothers they dont give sympathy....its ok im thinking castor oil next week im going to google it..

January 7th, 2010, 04:34 PM

January 8th, 2010, 04:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You could try taking red raspberry leaf and evening primrose oil. I dd the leaf (you can get it as a pill to make it easier) and have heard good things about the oil. The oil (if I remember right) helps ready the cervix and the leaf helps focus your contractions. I would try those before castor oil. It can cause a lot of misery with zero result. Walking can also be helpful in causing dilation if the baby is that low. If your norm is to walk a mile a day then try two. Go beyond the norm and you may see a difference.

Today I don't know what's going on. Probably nothing good.

January 8th, 2010, 06:04 AM
I have been using the EPO for 3 weeks now! and I doubled the dose when I hit 37 weeks, also I have been drinking the tea a couple times everyday for 2 weeks, I made that eggplant parmesan last night but not working....I do need to walk more its just hard this time of year being that it is winter..... Today I am going to try and figure out a way start labor

January 8th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You could always walk up and down the hallway or something. Not the most stimulating, but it'd be something. Towards the end with Elizabeth I made roasted rosemary potatoes to learn that rosemary causes contractions.

Got the official plans for today. Some laundry, I have to fast during the day (yay Zofran) and I go in at 2:15 to check for gallstones after being in pain all night. Whoopee.

January 8th, 2010, 02:08 PM
ouch gull stones....yea I been doing the walking up and down the hallway lol....but ill have to try the rosemary thing thanks for the idea!!

January 8th, 2010, 03:20 PM
bad day, aweful day... details in the women's section

January 9th, 2010, 03:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy

Quick update on yesterday, there were so many stones no bile is visible in the gallbladder. My case was immediately faxed to a surgeon whose office should be contacting me Monday to set up a consult. Eek!

As for today, I have to take DD2 to the doctor again. She sounds like she's getting worse again and not better.

January 9th, 2010, 06:51 AM
Oh, Anna I hope you both are ok. Good luck.

Today sitting home, trying to be as normal as possible for the kids sake, but since they arent home at the moment I get to be sad and until they get home. I am still in bed. Dont want to leave it yet... I have gotten a load in the washer, life has to go on. And listening to Toby Keith's song Wayman's story... it is really helping deal.

January 9th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Farrah im so sorry really i hate that you have to go through this....

Anna sorry to hear about DD2 and what did the DR say they can do for the gallbladder while you are PG?

Had my lecture for my online class this morning and then I did my hw and a quiz, walked around the mall w my mom and aunt for a good 3-4 hours hoping it is doing something.....feels like knives are being stabbed into my cervix for the past 2 days after dr checked me so I called her she said might be a good sign that I am progressing so Im praying.....

Last edited by adam*s_mami; January 9th, 2010 at 03:16 PM. Reason: forgot to put in what i did today...
January 10th, 2010, 07:12 AM
I hope you ladies have a better day to today!!

I am going to the grocery store today thats about it...

January 11th, 2010, 03:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Farrah ~ I hope you're feeling better today.

Kareema ~ Isn't that a great place for stabby pains?

I'm supposed to get a call from the surgeon's office today to schedule a consult. I guess they want to review my file first. The impression I got was that they're going to want to get it out sooner rather than later though. Eek!

Today I want to do some cleaning and I'm not sure beyond that.

January 11th, 2010, 06:49 AM
We miss you Farrah hope your ok!!

Anna keep me posted on what the surgeon says i am very interested in what they will do I hope they cant take care of everything easily....

I am going to try and do abunch of hw today just in case I go into labor in the next week **wishful thinking***

January 11th, 2010, 08:08 AM
Regular
Sorry, internet problems along with computer issues.

Anna- inshallah things are going along for you guys. I hope you all are feeling better inshallah. How's the baby? How's your husband?

Farrah - How are you doing?

Kareema - not long inshallah. Wait until your 40 weeks to try all the home remedies. After that, try away. I heard cinnamon tea works. Walking helps strengthen the muscles so when you go into labor you'll have stronger muscles to push him out. Don't try castor oil. I heard that it's really not a safe way to start labor for you or the baby. I can understand wanting it over - I've had 9 pregnancies. But you don't want to do something that will hurt you or the baby. I remember the sleepless nights and never being comfortable. Always having some kind of pain somewhere, but it's just a sign that your body is getting you ready to have your baby. Inshallah it won't be long. Just be patient.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search