Today 2010

Forum: Islamic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Islamic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2010, 11:05 AM
adam*s_mami's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will Krista if you can do 9 I can suck it up I guess ;P but yea after reading about castor oil I decided against it....

January 11th, 2010, 06:42 PM
~FaRRaH~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~FaRRaH~
Hi ladies, I'm here. As for how I am doing... sometimes I laugh and sometimes I still am crying it is hard. I have 1 dear friend who has been awesome besides DH and Islam knows and he took it hard and then subhanAllah he was good. I wish we all healed as fast as kids do. As for activity here I am trying... still not much for chatting.

Take care of yourself Anna, inshAllah you and the kids are doing better.

Kareema, take it easy and rest... that is my best advice. You will be looking for a quiet moment and think about this time

Krista, Thank you

Islam Jr. 09-20-2003 * Sumaiya-Alee 09-07-2007 * Angel Baby 01-08-2010
January 12th, 2010, 03:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Farrah ~

The surgeon's office called and they scheduled my consult for the 21st at 1:30pm which is great. My next prenatal appointment is the 20th at 10:30am so I'll be able to talk to my OB first and get the information I need from her. Plus DH will have had almost a week to recover from his surgery so if I end up leaving the kids with him I won't feel so bad about it.

Today I'm just going to hope to clean and at some point get a nap. Elizabeth's antibiotics have taken a toll on her system so she doesn't feel well from them now. Her last dose is this morning though so Insha'Allah she'll feel better soon.

January 12th, 2010, 06:46 AM
Farrah glad to hear from you I pray for you everyday habibti...

Anna-That poor baby....I feel so bad to hear that she is sick, that is good that you can talk to your OB about it first I was wondering how they can do all this while your PG youll have to let me know....

I finished alot of homework yest until my back killed so bad so I couldnt bend over the desk anymore, I just have a little bit more to do and then I am going to go get a pedicure since I havent been able to see my feet in 2 months I dont want to scare the doctors lol

January 12th, 2010, 07:00 AM
LOL! Kareema.

Thank you ladies, I am here... I am still working through all this and the whys etc. I am blessed to have a great friend who has been there for me and a awesome DH that has been a strong and dedicated man to me... So, we havent made any plans to TTC right now he is too scared at the prospect of losing me so maybe it goes back into Allah's hands for now. Right now we are just reading ourselves for the trip to Egypt. We have 5 weeks EXACTLY and that isnt much for all I have to get done. Thank you again, the prayers and support is awesome and much appreciated. Long road ahead but we are ready.

Today I need to get back to HS and cleaning the house is a wreck. But hey at least I know it

January 12th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Regular
Kareema - hang in there. Not long and you'll be wishing for the backaches .

Anna - good news about the appointment. I wish I was there to help out. My husband's cousin's daughter (I know ) had a cyst operation when she was 4 months pregnant and everything was fine. She had a healthy full-term baby. Inshallah your husband's surgery goes well too. Sorry to hear the baby's still sick. Inshallah she starts feeling better too. How are the other kids?

Farrah - Listen, I've known you for a few years (more I think) and you're strong mashallah. You have to remember that everything is from Allah. It was written that you were to lose this pregnancy and you will be rewarded for you pain and suffering. I also read a hadith about how our losses will be waiting for us in heaven. What more could you want for your child than heaven? I know it hurts. I've had 2 and each one hurt but we have to think of the big picture. Humdulilah you have the blessings you have mashallah. Inshallah you'll have some more. I love you for the sake of Allah and I hate to see you suffering. May Allah heal you physically and mentally.
January 13th, 2010, 05:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Kareema ~ After I had my first before they showed her to me my first thought was "I can see my feet!"

Krista ~ The baby is doing better now, but the other two are coming down with a nasty cough. It could take awhile to get everything out of the house. How are yours feeling?

Today I just want to get some light cleaning done. I swear it feels like I don't actually sleep at night anymore.

January 13th, 2010, 06:46 AM
LOL Anna.....hows Elizabeth doin today?

Farrah that is great news that you are going to Egypt you are blessed to visit there as much as you do...

Krista well said

Today nothing i think I will go to the mall and walk for a bit hoping for some progression at my apt tomarrow!

January 13th, 2010, 07:01 AM
Krista... my sister... I appreciate you many times over for your kindness and caring, love and support... Thank you so very much for all that you have said to me. I am healing, subhanAllah. Right now we are focusing on the family and the trip and inshAllah if Allah has plans for us to have more children than He will make a way. As for now DH doesnt want to discuss anything since he was so afraid of losing me. Right now he wants to focus on what we have and well so do I ..

Today, I have to go for another blood draw to make sure everything has passed and then onto the store... so another day of coping praying for this to end so that I can move on physically. yesterday the house got scrubbed worked out some of the emotional stuff on the house

January 15th, 2010, 05:21 AM
Kareema, alhumdulillah. Yes I am. We find it benefits our family in so many ways to be together.

Today is the first day I get to stay home and relax in a few days, well I should take that back IF the kids are good we are going to the playground it should be 50something today and well these days that is FOR SURE outside weather. The kids need to run. Otherwise we have HS and straighten up.

January 16th, 2010, 06:58 AM
Check the PF....

January 16th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have no idea what PF stands for...

Today I'm just trying to get some stuff done and baby DH. His surgery went well, but he's in a lot of pain and is sleeping for the first time since he came out of anesthesia. It's been a long night/day/thing.

ETA:
Dur! I figured it out. Boy am I slow today. I have to start clicking board links and not just the latest post.

Last edited by MamaAnna; January 16th, 2010 at 11:40 AM.
January 17th, 2010, 12:51 AM
Regular
Anna - I was wondering how it went with your dh. Humdulilah it all went well. It always hurts after so just tell him to hang in there. He can imagine how us women feel having a c-section!! How are you feeling?

Kareema - Anything yet?

Farrah - how ya doing? When are you leaving on your trip? February right?

I have no idea what I'm doing today. I should though. I have to get the house straightened today cause my friend is coming tomorrow morning inshallah. Maybe wash clothes, finish the dishes, I really need to get the summer clothes put in bags and put away (yeah, I'm really late on it. Not sure why I'm bothering).
January 17th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Krista> InshAllah we are leaving on feb 16th so less than a month.. actually I am really excited it has been a welcome break to think about something different.
How is everyone feeling? Hope you have a nice visit with your friend in the AM!

Today it is raining and we are staying home, I am thinking about having a PJ and snacks day... LOL just enjoying the day!

January 17th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
DH is still in a lot of pain and has some odd swelling that we're hoping goes away. If he isn't feeling a lot better after tomorrow he'll have to go in to be checked for infection. He should be improving by now, or so they said.

I am completely exhausted. Nobody is really sleeping and it's making things hard. Just typing this I have to keep fixing it so I don't sound like a zombie.

January 18th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Regular
Farrah - that's not too far off!! Inshallah you'll have a nice trip over there. Do you know anyone? Have you met anyone online in person? I met a lady that use to live there and she knew some of the women on the group subhanallah. It's funny to hear how they are in real life . All good stuff too mashallah.

Anna - when I had my gall bladder surgery they were like you'll be up and at 'um the next day. Subhanallah it took me like a week!! It took me longer than my mom who had her gall bladder taken out!! I'm not sure why, but I just didn't heal up as quick as everyone said. My sister inlaw is still complaining of pain subhanallah. It just takes alot of time for those things to heal no matter what the doctor says. Inshallah he'll be feeling better. They say to move is good but not too much and don't carry anything. Tell him to read Quran on it and make lots of dua for it to heal quickly.

I had a nice visit mashallah. She's my best friend and it's always nice to visit with her mashallah. I got the house semi-clean humdulilah. It's a mess now though. I just can't keep it clean with all these little ones mashallah.

I need to do some stuff upstairs but I don't see it happening. I guess I'll try and get the kitchen back in shape.
January 18th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Home from the Hosp. really tired trying to get used to things hamdillah...

Farrah glad to see your doing better..

Anna hope your DH gets well soon..

Krista yes can you check out the private forum I dont want my X to get any info if i post here!!!

January 18th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
DH now has either bronchitis or bacterial pneumonia so he's on antibiotics. Insha'Allah he'll be doing better soon. I'm just doing what I can during the day and keeping him company at night since he can't get comfortable enough to sleep.

January 18th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Regular
Anna - sorry to hear that dh is sick. Inshallah he'll start feeling better with the antibiotics. Hang in there!!

Kareema - private forum?? where? PM me with it please!!

I'm heading back to sleep now . I'm cold and a bit tired so I might as well get some more sleep as long as the little ones are asleep. Got the school schedule for next week. Layan goes from 8-9:30am and Kamasha gets out at 11am!! Not sure about Sarah and the boys yet. So far, those times really suck!! I guess I'll be getting my exercise!!
January 19th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sleep is finally returning to the house so we're just dozing when we're not in a daze.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search