Today 2010

Forum: Islamic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Islamic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2010, 08:06 AM
~FaRRaH~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~FaRRaH~
Let's start fresh for the new year!

Happy New Years!

May Allah bless us all in this new year, may we have a healthy, successful, happy, fulfilling new year....

Today we are not doing much I may have to run to the grocery store for a few things. Otherwise some house work and that's it.

Islam Jr. 09-20-2003 * Sumaiya-Alee 09-07-2007 * Angel Baby 01-08-2010
January 1st, 2010, 09:01 AM
adam*s_mami's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yea for 2010 and January the birth month for my little man!!

Today made pancakes for breakfast as for the rest of the day nada.....

January 1st, 2010, 09:09 AM
yum pancakes, sounds really good right now.

January 1st, 2010, 04:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Since everybody is sick we've just been laying around being cranky.

January 2nd, 2010, 02:43 AM
Regular
Sorry to hear you guys are still sick Anna. Inshallah you'll start feeling better. Kareema, another week gone . Farrah, I got some of my shopping done yesterday too. Didn't find everything I needed though which is just annoying.

Today, I haven't a clue what I'm going to do. Washing, dishes, vacuuming, ect. We'll see how much i actually get done. Going to start lunch in a minute inshallah. Then I'll take it from there .
January 2nd, 2010, 07:42 AM
Today I have no idea what we are doing. I should get a load of laundry done but who knows I really feel blah.

January 2nd, 2010, 08:30 AM
Anna hope you guys are feeling better...

today its like 12 degrees outside im not leaving the house,,,had horrible crampy feeling since last night and my carpal tunnel is making my hands feel like old lady hands i am typing w 2 fingers right now.....i asked the dr cuz i thought it was arthritis she said no carpal tunnel drink more water and wrap them up.....ok thnx....lol so annoying....

January 2nd, 2010, 03:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You can get braces at places like Walmart to help with that if you have trouble wrapping them. They can help a lot. Maybe since you're getting crampy you'll have made some progress at your next appointment.

How are you and yours feeling Krista? Any better?

Thanks for the well wishes. We're still sick though. The pediatrician we normally see was on vacation and the one we ended up seeing didn't know what to make of Elizabeth's problems. She's going to see her normal one Tuesday if she's not doing anybody for antibiotics. The one we saw did do an RSV test which was thankfully negative. She's just so miserable. Plus if DH doesn't improve rapidly they'll have to postpone his surgery and it's getting bad enough we really don't want that to happen. Just not a good start to the year! On a more amusing note, he turns 33 tomorrow and realized he can no longer reverse the digits to make himself younger. Not until he's 40 anyways.

January 3rd, 2010, 09:43 AM
I feel so bad for Elizabeth I hope she gets better soon and ur DH Im sorry your having so much trouble...

Today im laying around again stupid cramps only getting worse so I am praying that I will have progressed at my next apt.

January 4th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
When is your next appointment?

Yesterday was DH's birthday so of course nothing went as planned. He came down with a nasty cough so they postponed his surgery and I took Elizabeth in again. She has bad bronchitis so she's on a nebulizer and antibiotics now. If she isn't doing better at her followup tomorrow she'll probably end up in the hospital though since she got so bad so fast. We did go to see Sherlock Holmes so DH could enjoy something about the day (his mom watched the kids).

Now today I can't stop getting sick so we'll just see how things go.

January 4th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Ohhh no! I wish you guys didnt have to keep getting sick like this I feel so horrible for you....how was the movie though?

My apt is thursday morning so we will see...seems like such a long wait, if I have progressed I am going to ask if I can get induced at 39 weeks.....

January 4th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It was like they said on the radio. About as close to Sherlock as Spawn. It was a good movie, but you can't go into it expecting Sherlock Holmes in the classic sense. The characters are there, but not the way you would expect them to be. Jeremy Brett that man is not.

On a good note, they called in more medicine so I'm just waiting until I can go get it.

January 4th, 2010, 06:51 PM
sorry ladies, so much had been going on here...

Today OB appt.. just saw the nurse check BP and weight filled out all the 1st time paperwork. I have lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks from nausea. Blah nurse suggested unisom and B6 to help me be able to eat. I have been feeling better so I am not sure I want to go that way. Next appt 2 weeks. And I had to take the glucose test, unexpected 1 hour of misery. Then we went shopping at the outlet mall and had some fun. Down side my feet are killing me. Pregnancy JOYS!!

Anna, hope everyone can find some relief from all the sicknesses going around your home.

Kareema, poor thing I hope you are progressing.

January 5th, 2010, 03:26 AM
Regular
Okay, second time now!! I hate my internet sometimes!! Quick version:

Anna - hope you all are doing better inshallah. How's the baby? What surgery is your husband having? Inshallah you got some new meds for the morning sickness.

Farrah - Great diet program!! Mashallah!! Inshallah you're feeling better too.

Kareema - Don't induce. It's very painful. Just wait it out. Unless the baby is overdue or in trouble, just let him come when it's his time. Inshallah it won't be long.

We're doing okay here humdulilah. Still have colds - Hamid was up with a cough last night. I put Vick's on his feet and he went back to sleep humdulilah. I still have my cough and sinus issues but I usually do so humdulilah.

Not sure what I'll get done today. I hurt my back a bit helping Rashed move into his own bedroom the day before. I need to wash clothes so maybe I'll focus on that. It's cold here especially at night. It was 8C (I think that's 43F) this morning so I need to get things done while it's still warm during the day. I'll probably just work on my website. Trying to get it done.
January 5th, 2010, 04:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Krista ~ DH has to have a really bad hernia repaired. It's getting worse fast so they really want to get the surgery done ASAP, but so far it isn't working out that way. They did give me more meds so my tummy is much more settled. Still need to be careful, but at least it's more under control.

Farrah ~ They told me the B6 and Unisom as well. It didn't help though and if you're feeling better it seems silly. Maybe you had a bug that made you a little worse for wear and didn't realize it because of the m/s? Hope you keep feeling better.

Kareema ~ DS and DD2 were both full inductions. DS was at 39 weeks 5 days and DD2 was 15 days early because my water broke and I didn't go into labor on my own. If you do go that route the only thing I'll say is ask for an epi before they start the pitocin. That stuff is HORRIBLE. With DS they did the pitocin and waited to start the epi and I was in complete agony (compared to going into labor naturally with DD1). With DD2 they did the epi and then started it and it was so much less stressful. They did minimum dose so I could still feel some stuff and felt the pain when I pushed and all that, but it was so much better than pitocin first. Ouch!

Today I have to take DD2 back to the doctor to make sure her meds are working. She sounds better and she's sleeping a lot so I'm hopeful. Beyond that I just want to get some cleaning done and hopefully rest a bit.

January 5th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Thanks for the advice Anna, I know I have heard inducing is terrible but I wonder if its better than cramps all day everyday KWIM.....As for the movie thats funny you must be an avid fan of sherlock lol I am glad that ur DD seems to be doing better hows is the hubby?

Farrah-sorry about the m/s but hey at least that is 10lbs extra you get to have fun gaining back when you get your appetite back....

Krista-i am sorry you hury your back salamtik..it seems so wierd to hear the SA gets that cold...

As for me school started so I have to do what I can since I ordered the wrong book for my organic chemistry class and am waiting for hte teacher to email me back with the correct boook's ISBN

January 5th, 2010, 07:53 AM
today I think preggo symptoms have kicked in full force... congested, sore throat, headache (like sinus pressure) BLAH.. the house is a mess and laundry is getting done. HS also since my sister was here last week Islam missed a day and a half. Well I think it will be more computer program today. I really need to fit in some relaxation.

January 6th, 2010, 03:25 AM
Regular
Wow, you guys sound miserable!! I am SOOOO glad I'm not pregnant !! Hang in there everyone. Inshallah it'll get better.

Anna- my sister inlaw just had emergency surgery for a hernia. Her intestine came out of the hernia and she was in awful pain subhanallah. Humdulilah they did the surgery and she's much better. It's taking her awhile to heal probably cause she's in her 70s. Inshallah your husband will get it done soon too. How's the baby? How are you feeling?

Farrah - how ya doing today? They gave me those B6 shots when I was pregnant with Kamasha. it didn't help at all. Nothing helped with her though. I took pherergan (don't know how to spell it) with her through the whole pregnancy. Even with that I had to eat right when I got up or I would be sick all day.

Kareema - inshallah you have a quick delivery. Inshallah not long.

I got 4 or 5 loads of clothes washed yesterday humdulilah. Well, this morning too. Haven't done anything else yet. Haven't even cooked - we're ordering out. Inshallah I'll be able to go shopping tonight. I hope there's no soccer games on!! The kids really need some winter clothes. My house is SO cold!!
January 6th, 2010, 04:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Kareema ~ The way I view it is if you're so miserable you're unable to sleep and having a lot of pain and so on that induction isn't necessarily a bad thing, especially if you aren't progressing. The more exhausted and physically worn down you are when delivery time comes the harder the delivery will actually be. Plus once you do start making progress it can still be weeks before you actually go into labor so if you're not progressing by 38 weeks odds are you wouldn't deliver until 40+ anyways. There are always exceptions, but it can take a long time.

As far as the movie goes, we're huge Sherlock fans. We'll just lay around and have Sherlock marathons on rainy days or read it. I only like Jeremy Brett as Sherlock with Edward Hardwicke as Watson. David Burke wasn't bad, but I liked the Brett/Hardwicke combo much more. They actually show The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes on both PBS stations out here. It's possible you could catch it where you're at if you haven't and want to.

Farrah ~ You definitely need some relaxation time. You keep such a busy schedule I have no idea how you do it being so tired and everything.

Krista ~ I hope you can get some warmer clothes for everybody. It seems like kids are always so eager to complain that it's cold, but then when it's time to go out and buy something warm to wear you can't get them out the door.

DH is still in a lot of pain and the hernia doesn't want to go back in when he lays down anymore. It goes in part way, but not all the way. He meets with the surgeon tomorrow to see if they want him to go on antibiotics for the cough or if it's gotten bad enough to just go ahead with the surgery. It used to barely be noticeable, but now it looks like there's a fist under his skin. Far, far worse than at the start. DD2 is on the mend. The doctor said that she's about 25% better as of yesterday morning so we're continuing the antibiotics and nebulizer for another week. It definitely shows that she's feeling better at this point which is great.

Today I'm going to try to run more laundry and hopefully work a nap in there somewhere. Getting up so early is really doing me in.

January 6th, 2010, 06:11 AM
Anna~ it isnt easy all the time but worth it, I just remember I asked for this alhumdulillah the baby is here and I wouldnt want it any other way. That does really help. Glad DD2 is feeling better inshAllah the rest of the family can stay healthy for a little while too.

Kareema~ How are you feeling today? Tomorrow is your Dr appt?? InshAllah good news!!

Krista~ did you get a chance to get the clothes for the kids. We had to get some PJs for the kids the other day, it is a task And I only have 2 to shop for.

Today, HS clean up more but since we went to walmart and sams yesterday we dont have to go anywhere. so just finish putting all the clothes i washed away and try to get the living room cleaned.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search