Who's here? Introduce yourself! Old and new members and those silent ones!

Forum: Islamic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Overyonder4

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Islamic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2012, 03:52 PM
shilo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have some new members, old members, and some shy members lurking around, let's get to know each other!

Post whatever you are comfortable with here to introduce yourself.

Some suggestions:

Name if other than your username?
Age?
Kids' ages or TTC?
Muslim? Non-Muslim?
Where are you from?

What are you most looking forward to gaining from this board?
Anything else you'd like to share!

July 5th, 2012, 05:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Assalamu alaykum,

Name if other than your username? My name is Krista.
Age? 43
Kids' ages or TTC? I have 7 kids mashallah, ages 18, 17, 15, 9, 8, 6 and 5.
Muslim? Non-Muslim? Muslim humdulilah
Where are you from? I'm from Washington State but have been living in Saudi Arabia for 18 years humdulilah.
What are you most looking forward to gaining from this board? Inshallah I can make time to visit.

Your sister,
Krista
Aleia likes this.
July 5th, 2012, 10:12 AM
jamie
I'm pregnant 5 weeks..
I'm a muslim but I don't bother doing anything in any language besides english. People find it odd I chose to say GOD most of the time and many other things and also I'm a quranic muslim. So I don't necessarily believe the same as many hadith muslims believe. Also I believe but I don't always follow correctly but I'll always admit what I do is wrong. In belief systems I'm a strong muslim...
I'm from so cali. Born and raised.
friends to relate and the like...

Last edited by preggoteenconfusion1; July 5th, 2012 at 10:15 AM.
July 5th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overyonder4 View Post
Assalamu alaykum,

Name if other than your username? My name is Krista.
Age? 43
Kids' ages or TTC? I have 7 kids mashallah, ages 18, 17, 15, 9, 8, 6 and 5.
Muslim? Non-Muslim? Muslim humdulilah
Where are you from? I'm from Washington State but have been living in Saudi Arabia for 18 years humdulilah.
What are you most looking forward to gaining from this board? Inshallah I can make time to visit.

Your sister,
Krista
Wonderful to hear from you Krista! I am from Washington originally too, actually! I can imagine you must be quite busy with your wonderfully big family, masha'allah! Great of you to stop by

July 5th, 2012, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by preggoteenconfusion1 View Post
jamie
I'm pregnant 5 weeks..
I'm a muslim but I don't bother doing anything in any language besides english. People find it odd I chose to say GOD most of the time and many other things and also I'm a quranic muslim. So I don't necessarily believe the same as many hadith muslims believe. Also I believe but I don't always follow correctly but I'll always admit what I do is wrong. In belief systems I'm a strong muslim...
I'm from so cali. Born and raised.
friends to relate and the like...
Welcome Jamie! I am happy to see you on the board! Congratulations on your pregnancy, is this your first? I do not see anything wrong with saying God if you are more comfortable with it, English is my first language as well, likewise I think that is the case with many others on the board so I'm not going to be posting anything besides the scattered word in Arabic unless I need to put a transliteration of something None of us follows Islam correctly all the time sister, none of us can expect that when Allah doesn't and didn't create us that way! We are all here to support each other!

July 5th, 2012, 11:39 PM
I am muslim, and 30 years old, with a 3 year old son! Born and raised in the US I am divorced, and I know few other muslim mamas who live near me in real life, so I am looking to share parenting experiences and make friends!

July 14th, 2012, 01:29 PM
~FaRRaH~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~FaRRaH~
Name if other than your username? Farrah
Age? 35
Kids' ages or TTC? Islam 8 and Sumaiya 4
Muslim? Non-Muslim? Muslim, alhumdulillah
Where are you from? Baltimore, MD
What are you most looking forward to gaining from this board? parenting ideas with Islamic views

Islam Jr. 09-20-2003 * Sumaiya-Alee 09-07-2007 * Angel Baby 01-08-2010
October 8th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Wa alaykum salam,

My name is Aleia. I was born Muslim, alhumdulilah. I now live in NJ, but was born in NY. I have a 1 1/2 yr old son, Rizwanullah (means heaven's gatekeeper of Allah).

I am a single mother trying to raise a healthy Muslim. I came here for support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilo View Post
I am muslim, and 30 years old, with a 3 year old son! Born and raised in the US I am divorced, and I know few other muslim mamas who live near me in real life, so I am looking to share parenting experiences and make friends!
Where do you live
October 8th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Al humdullilah you live in Saudia Arabia. How is it living there? And you write English pretty well
October 9th, 2012, 01:59 PM
I live in the US actually welcome Aleia! I'm also a single mom. Right now looking *again*! for a good daycare for my son! I love you and your son's names, haven't heard those before.

December 3rd, 2012, 11:57 AM
ummsultan's Avatar Super Mommy
Name if other than your username? Mai
Age? 34
Kids' ages or TTC? 14,12,11,8,6,5,3 and #8 due in 8-13
Muslim? Non-Muslim? Muslim
Where are you from? From Va, live in the Middle East
What are you most looking forward to gaining from this board? Nice to interact with other Muslim mothers
January 2nd, 2014, 06:11 PM
I everyone!!

I would like to introduce myself, I am new to this board.... I am currently TTC #4. This will be our first month trying (Jan 2014).

My husband and I are both born Muslim, and we have 2 children together. I have one child from a previous marriage. I work in a daycare center, the same one my kids go to and I just completed my Masters degree. I am originally Syrian/lebanese and my husband is Egyptian. We were both born in Canada.

Hopefully we will get to know each other more on these boards....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search