Salaam sistas!

Forum: Islamic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shilo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Islamic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2012, 11:33 AM
LindseyF's Avatar Expecting 2nd Dec Baby!
Salaam, everyone, & Ramadan Mubarak! My name's Lindsey & my husband of 8 years & I converted to Islam 4.5 years ago, elhamdolillah (he's 100% Syrian but his family isn't religious.at.all.). We have a 19 m/o & are expecting a little girl this Dec, insha'Allah. I see this board's not very active but I sure hope to get to know some of y'all
July 27th, 2012, 02:56 AM
shilo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome Lindsey and wa alaikum essalam! Ramadan Mubarak to you and you family as well, it's great to see you here! I just became host of the board recently and am looking to bring it back to life. Insha'allah as others realize it's going again they will join! How is Ramadan going for your family?
LindseyF likes this.

August 1st, 2012, 12:10 PM
LindseyF's Avatar Expecting 2nd Dec Baby!
DH & I are the only ones that observe Ramadan in both our families, but it's going fantastic for us. I'm not able to fast, so I'm trying to make up for that in many other areas! How's yours been?!
August 3rd, 2012, 01:40 AM
shilo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine has been okay so far it is just me and my son in my family (he is far too young to fast) so this year has mostly been focused on talking about it with him, as he is just getting old enough to understand. He has been joining me for iftar and suhoor some days so that is nice .

I remember having a hard time when I was pregnant/nursing with my son and not fasting, hope your Ramadan is still feeling festive! I tried to get into the spirit at that time by doing Taraweeh, which helped a little (none of that this year with the late hrs since he really has to be asleep by then).

What are you doing to help make Ramadan special while not fasting? I bet there are some other sisters on here going through that right now, I definitely could have used some tips at that time myself

August 30th, 2012, 02:48 PM
~FaRRaH~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~FaRRaH~
Hi and welcome!

I am Farrah mom to Islam and Sumaiya they are 8 and 4. I am american, converted to Islam almost 7 years ago, alhumdulillah. My husband, Islam, is Egyptian however he is the only one of his family that lives in the states. InshAllah we plan to move to Egypt in 2014.

Islam Jr. 09-20-2003 * Sumaiya-Alee 09-07-2007 * Angel Baby 01-08-2010
November 23rd, 2012, 02:26 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Wa alaykum asalamm....I just saw this section!! cant believe theres one here...Nice to meet all you sisters. Hope everyones rahmadan went well....
I am living in Saudi Arabia. Looking forward to going back to states in the new year inshallah..
November 25th, 2012, 04:49 AM
Hey Asa Lindsey,
Well thought Id start sticking my neck out and making friends. Nice to see other reverts on here. Anything you/or anyone want to ask or chat about just let me know. Not working at the moment so I have oh so much time....(scowl)...until I get registration to work here, which is any time now.

Safs
December 19th, 2012, 01:14 PM
ummsultan's Avatar Super Mommy
Wa alaikum salam, My name is Mai and I converted 17 yrs ago. Been married to my husband, who is from Kuwait, for 15 yrs. I'm expecting #8 in Aug.
February 14th, 2013, 04:52 PM
~FaRRaH~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~FaRRaH~
mashAllah wonderful to see more Muslimahs here

Islam Jr. 09-20-2003 * Sumaiya-Alee 09-07-2007 * Angel Baby 01-08-2010

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search