Breast or bottle?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 24th, 2012, 06:53 PM
WantingAnother's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would love to breastfeed but I had such a hard time with my daughter so we had to do formula. I am going to try to breastfeed again though!

August 24th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Super Mommy
I would like to breastfeed
August 24th, 2012, 07:13 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would like to breastfeed as well

August 24th, 2012, 07:31 PM
I hope it works out for me this time. I don't want to stress about it yet though. Trying to remain as stress free as possible right now

August 24th, 2012, 09:43 PM
With my first two I pumped the first 2 months...but once I returned to work I switched to formula. This little ones not due until May 2nd so Im hoping by then the hubs and I can figure out a way for me to be a stay at home mom. I really want to breastfeed exclusively and then also make my own baby foods...but working as much as I do now, thatd be tough.
August 24th, 2012, 10:46 PM
BeccaC17's Avatar Super Mommy
I will be breastfeeding, I love the bond it creates between my children and I.

August 25th, 2012, 02:51 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I intend to breastfeed and just pump when I'm on call so if I have to work through a feeding time the milk will be there.
August 25th, 2012, 05:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
bfeeding here

August 25th, 2012, 06:03 AM
LPNMOMMY84's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Loving all the breastfeeding! yay for mama's milk. I nursed my first in the hospital, we had latch issues, so I started pumping exclusively (first time nursing can be so hard, I was embarrassed in public). I lost my supply at 3 weeks post partum. We had a battle with formula though, she ended up on Neocate. It was a nightmare. I SWORE that with Anna I was nursing. I did. Exclusively, for six months. She never had a bottle or paci. When she was 6 months old, I again tried to pump, she would not take my milk from a bottle, I think it confused her. I had to go back to work, So I started her on formula and tried to add a little of my milk at a time, but I lost my supply because she wouldn't go back and forth between bottle and breast. This time, I will be exclusively nursing until 4 weeks, then letting Shawn offer 1 bottle of breastmilk at night (that way baby will take it when I DO have to work) and most likely be nursing beyond a year.

If anyone ever needs tips or advice im here. Breastfeeding is not always easy. We assume because it is natural it will come easily. I promise the benefits are worth the hard work. Once your baby is nursing for a few weeks, they reallllly get the hang of it.
August 25th, 2012, 09:17 AM
I might be taking you up in that offer Torre!

August 25th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Calendula's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Breastfeeding, it was a struggle with my daughter so I'm hoping the second time around will go a bit smoother.

August 25th, 2012, 11:02 AM
I will post my cell number and you can text me anytime. I did this with my friends in VT and NC and both bfed for at least a year aftr having issues. We trouble shot alot of different issues right over the phone.
August 25th, 2012, 11:23 AM
That is awesome! Yeah because I couldn't get a milk supply. I was even pumping to get it going, it just never worked. I really want to at least for a little while!

August 25th, 2012, 11:54 AM
CAS416's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope tombreastfeed. I really struggled with my son and ended up pumping for his first 3 months. I hope that it will be smoother this go around.

August 25th, 2012, 07:35 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will breastfeed this baby too. DD nursed until she was almost 17 months old.

I had a terrible go of getting started though. It took almost week for my milk to come in and that was the worst week ever. Once my milk came in, the only issue I had was a couple of cracked nipples that healed right away with lanolin.

I'm so glad that I hung in there and that it worked for me. I'd be happy to help anyone else when we all get to that point too.
August 25th, 2012, 07:43 PM
I had cracked nipples too. I one side nursed Anna to let my nipples heal then used a nipple shield till 6 weeks. In the end it all worked out. I can't wait to nurse a newbie. Im committed to the full 12 months this time and maybe beyond...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search