When is your first dr appointment?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 27th, 2012, 07:05 PM
May 2013 Cohost
My first doctor's appointment where they do the transvaginal ultrasound, isn't until Monday, Sept. 25. That's when blood work is done too. I'll be 8 weeks then. After that, we will start telling family.
August 27th, 2012, 07:14 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not really sure. I did my first blood draw today and go back Wednesday morning for the follow up draw. I want to wait until I'm far enough along that there is sure to be a heartbeat before I schedule an ultrasound. Not finding one and having to wait a week to go back would kill me. I'd rather wait the extra week and then go in. Probably the middle of September sometime.
August 27th, 2012, 07:15 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wednesday!!!! Can't stinking wait!!! I know it'll still be a couple of weeks before I can get the ultrasound done but I just need the doc to tell me I really am pregnant and not just making the whole thing up in my head so I can truly relax. I'll get all the bloodwork and everything else done at the appt so once I see the number I'll be good.
August 27th, 2012, 07:21 PM
May 2013 Cohost
My doc doesn't schedule anyone before 8 weeks or do blood work before then. Do you think that's strange? Same with my first, too.
August 27th, 2012, 07:25 PM
I think that is pretty common. I went in this morning without an appointment and asked for the blood work just to make sure that the numbers are rising appropriately. I had a loss before so they are really accommodating in trying to help me relax. They won't do an ultrasound unless the numbers were over a certain level. I don't remember exactly what that level was now. I think I was almost 7 weeks at my first ultrasound.
August 27th, 2012, 07:50 PM
WantingAnother's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to WantingAnother
September 6th for me

August 27th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I live in the uk so won't get an ultrasound until 12 wks prob end of october and will get bloodwork before then but only to rule out any genetic defects it seems so long away wish I knew now what my levels were so I could relax x

August 27th, 2012, 08:12 PM
TGill's Avatar Expecting #2
Sept 12th!!!

Tricia - due May 2, 2013
August 27th, 2012, 09:00 PM
BeccaC17's Avatar Super Mommy
My first appointment is Sept. 5th and my ultrasound is Sept 28th. I'm already counting down

August 27th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
I'm going on 9/12 and I'm not sure what they are going to do. Hopefully Ill get to see something!

August 28th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Super Mommy
I had mine this past Friday, was just a confirmation. I did paperwork, and got a script for blood work (they don't do it at the office, need to get it done at hospital).

My first official one is 9/10.
August 28th, 2012, 08:12 AM
krismk's Avatar Mom to Be with #1
I go in on Wednesday for beta. Since I'm seeing an RE and doing infertility treatments, they monitor me a little closer than if we would have gotten preggers naturally and just seeing our OB/GYN
August 28th, 2012, 08:43 AM
May 2013 Cohost
What does everyone mean by beta levels? Thanks.
August 28th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Mommy :)
I will call Thursday to set mine up. My dr office is closed due to Hurricane Isaac and it is barely raining. She usually doesn't bring anyone in until around 7-8 weeks.
August 28th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kary4 View Post
What does everyone mean by beta levels? Thanks.
it tests the HCG which is a hormone made during pregnancy. It should be doubling about every two-three days during pregnancy. My doctor calls them "quants" but most people on JM call them "betas"
August 28th, 2012, 06:58 PM
LPNMOMMY84's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im not 100% Sure. Im quite annoyed, I called the OB I had with Annalise and they were supposed to call me back today, they never did and I fell asleep at 2:30 and napped till 5:30 (the exhaustion has hit), and no call, no message. :/

I might actually interview a few OB's and run my Natural C Section plan by them and see who will agree. Im still annoyed about them not taking me seriously, but whatever. Im a super planner so the fact that they aren't calling me back and giving me an appt is making me upset... :/

I have to repeat my Beta again after Weds and then the OB at the same facility as my PCP Will book my appt (they want my beta at 500 and it should be there around Friday). There is one other OB I want to call and make an appt with and interview.

ugh. SO COMPLICATED! LOL
August 29th, 2012, 06:26 AM
JandJC's Avatar #2 due in April!
Mine is tomorrow (Thurs 8/30) at 11:20CST. They're just "confirming" the pregnancy and giving me an action plan. Can't WAIT until I can see a HB!!!

August 29th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Since I'm seeing an RE for infertility I'll be having several for the 1st 10wks until he releases me to regular OBGYN dr, which actually is kinda nice! I get to have my first ultrasound next Thurs so super-stoked about that!
August 29th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Sapphera's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have no idea on mine.

I just got a call back from the fertility clinic and since I wasn't an IVF patient, they basically are referring me back to my GP now instead of following to 10wks like they do with their IVF clients.

ANd of course, I immediately called my GP to find out that she's not working today and I have to call back tomorrow.

At least this way I'll hopefully be able to get bloodwork done since the fertility clinic generally doesn't do it!
WTTC #2
August 29th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Veteran
My 1st appt is 9/21. I'll have U/S first then appt.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search