When do you plan to tell...

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By selenamdz

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 6th, 2012, 12:38 PM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Or when did you tell:

Your parents?
Your siblings?
Your friends?
Your boss?
September 6th, 2012, 12:58 PM
selenamdz's Avatar Veteran
I already told my mom and dad, 2 of my sisters and a couple close friends.
This is how I see it, if something happened, I would want them to know either way.
Praying for a healthy strong baby, but you never know. If I had something happen to this baby I would be heart broken, I would want my parents and friends to understand I lost a baby and to be there for me. Having no one know the pain I would be feeling would be worse! Honestly, I am not too worried about that though, my pregnancy seems normal, I am having plenty of symptoms and no warning signs. but I have lost a baby before, and although I knew something was not right with that pregnancy, I have been traumatized and prepare myself for the worst.
I am not sure when I will announce it to everyone else I'm thinking around 12-17 weeks.

Oh and the only reason I might wait a bit longer than 12 weeks is because I have officially reached the amount of children that when I have another one, I get rude remarks, or people ask me if I am going to be the next duggar family... They already say stuff like that now and I only have 3 kids! I guess because I am 27? I don't know but it makes me mad. haha
wow, I promise I don't have an attitude but I have been so crabby this pregnancy. lol
justjaQ likes this.

Last edited by selenamdz; September 6th, 2012 at 01:03 PM.
September 6th, 2012, 01:47 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I told my mom and my sister and my mom told my step-dad. I had to tell my tailgating group last weekend because I couldn't drink and they all wondered why. I told my favorite aunt and uncle. DH told our sister-in-law but swore her to secrecy so she thinks I don't know that she knows. The rest of the tailgating group will find out Saturday morning.

I'm not telling anyone at work for awhile. A co-worker is on maternity leave right now and people are being big jerks about covering for her. She'll be back in October so I'd like to wait until then. I'm afraid I will show before then. I really like my boss so I may tell him just so he has a heads up and ask that he not tell anyone else.
September 6th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Veteran
I have only told my dh and a very close friend. I am still in shock that I am expecting number 6. So I will hold off until it sinks in a little more.
September 6th, 2012, 02:45 PM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Your parents? thanksgiving (Oct. 8)
Your siblings? thanksgiving (Oct. 8)
Your friends? friends IRL after our families know, fb will know on halloween
Your boss? N/A

September 6th, 2012, 02:56 PM
hangaroo81's Avatar Veteran
We've told both our moms and my best friend. I'm going to wait until my second trimester begins to let everyone else know. I had a chemical pregnancy back in early July so I'm a bit more cautious as to who I tell. I'm really glad I told my best friend though since she has a young child and can give me advice that isn't outdated like my moms would be
September 6th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Sapphera's Avatar NTNP Host
Your parents? Parents on both sides already know.. if something happened, I would want their support.. (plus, they both knew we were going through fertility treatments!)
Your siblings? Same as above
Your friends? My one best friend knows, but that's it... we'll probably wait until 2nd tri for that.
Your boss? Probably after the u/s since I want to give her a good heads up as well as understanding why I may suddenly have more appointments than I've had before..
NTNP #2
September 6th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I told my parents and my sister last week and some close friends cause i have nights out and they would guess anyway cause I'm not drinking I told my DD and she's so excited I'm also scared something will happen cause i want this baby so much but I'm glad I told my family x

I'm not telling work for a while prob about 14wks x

September 6th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Parents: this weekend
Siblings: this weekend too
Friends: I told 3 friends at work already, two are currently pregnant so I wanted to ask them questions, lol. Close friends will know sometime after we have our first ultrasound and we hopefully hear a heartbeat. We have ultrasounds at 6 and 8 weeks scheduled and I'm hoping we hear it at 6 weeks! Everyone else 10 or 12.
Work: I won't tell them earlier than 10 weeks, most likely 12.
September 6th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Veteran
I've already told work because of the job I do. And I told my best friend, cause she's my BFF We will tell our parents this weekend but won't tell others until we see the heartbeat.
September 6th, 2012, 03:32 PM
one of the reasons we are waiting to tell our parents and families this time is because we have an almost 5 year old, and it would be an extra long pregnancy if she knew right away haha. it's going to be bad enough telling her at 9 weeks

September 6th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm kinda regretting telling our 5 yrs but she kept jumping on my stomach all I hear now is when is the baby arriving shes so excited it's going to be a long 9 months lol so I think ur wise mrsjl not to tell ur DD yet x

September 6th, 2012, 04:57 PM
^that's what I'm afraid of! she isn't known for her patience, but what 5 year old girl is?

September 7th, 2012, 11:40 AM
selenamdz's Avatar Veteran
I wish my 5 year old didnt know!!
He overheard my husband and I talking about the baby... I didn't want to lie!
haha
My son is doing well with it though, he is extra careful around me now!
Only thing is he keeps saying "mom you are pregnant, but its a secret!!"
I wonder if thats what hes been telling his friends at school and church hahahah

September 7th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Sweet_Mama's Avatar Super Mommy
Your parents? my mom and dad were the first to know after my husband. They are usually the last, but I wanted to try something different this time

Your siblings?my sister found out about a week later
Your friends? I have only told 2 friends and FB will know prolly in a another month or so after my first appt
Your boss? no boss lol

Kelsey Wife to Chris with 3 little gremlins and one on the way!!!
Jacob 08/09
Jesse 01/11
Johnny 04/13
Jaxon 07/14

"In MY world of PINK I am surrounded by BLUE!"

September 7th, 2012, 05:26 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Your parents? don't know. they won't be thrilled.
Your siblings? same^ but i'll likely tell my sister soon, as she's due in april ... as for my kids, they won't know anytime soon, either. my oldest probably knows already anyway-- he has ESP, and he sees these things...
Your friends? i told a few today. just found out today, in the middle of the night
Your boss? n/a

and i feel your pain-- i was 25 when i had number 3, and that's when the AGAIIIIN?! comments started coming. well, now i'm 28 and on #5 and they do not have the same dads AND i'm single, so i also look forward to all the "do you know who the dad is" questions. people don't look at it as a blessing to have more than 2 these days, it seems.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Last edited by justjaQ; September 7th, 2012 at 05:32 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search