How are you changing your eating habits?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Elly M.
  • 1 Post By SuperMartianRobotMom6
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 2 Post By SuperMartianRobotMom6

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 11th, 2012, 08:07 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
While I've tried for some time now to eat healthier, I'm not really good at saying no to the bad stuff. Now that I am "eating for two" I know I really need to work on this! I've already uped my daily intake of fruits and veggies and am trying to avoid fast food junk. What kind of changes have you ladies made? Any advice on how to get rid of the junk for good?
September 11th, 2012, 08:41 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How about morning sickness? LOL for real now that I feel slightly queasy all the time I don't want to eat anything junky, greasy, or spicy. So it's stuff like toast, fruit, fruit smoothies, crackers and cheese for me.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
September 11th, 2012, 08:41 AM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Last year during my pregnancy I gave in to all of my cravings and ended up gaining 60 pounds. And I only lost half of that before I got pregnant again. So, I'm going to make sure to not give in to my cravings this time and try not to gain too much. But I'm not a "healthy" eater. Never have been.

September 11th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I try to go with the "Nothing white" rule. Products with no white flour, sugar (yeah right), ect. I don't really eat any bread or pasta. Just tons of veggies, chicken (grilled with nothing on it), Turkey, and of course fruit, but not too much due to sugar. The hardest part is liquids. I am trying to drink only water, almond milk and soy milk, but it is really hard. I love juice, but they are loaded with sugar and empty calories. However, right now, I feel like I could kill someone for a pepsi, lol
EverydayJoy likes this.

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

September 11th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I eat really well to begin with, so I'm not really changing anything! I think once MS kicks in full force though, my body will force me to change things......I am betting I'll crave carbs like usual!

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
September 11th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Veteran
more fruits and veggies...and protein...chips and junk food look soooo goood...but i know it will be soooo much easier to lose the weight if i say no now!!!
September 11th, 2012, 11:42 AM
dyeanotherday's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my weird story i actually found out i was pregnant because i was doing a green juice fast lost 6 lbs after 2 days but the second evening i got dizzy and almost passed out which okay you can go 3 days easy most the time i deff detoxed though lol so i called the doctor and i was like um i just almost passed out during the juice fast and he was like well what were you juicing did you get your protein and i was like yes i followed the rules have been taking my vitamins and then he was like okay well eat something and in a few days take a pregnancy test

well my boyfriend is still trying to cleanse and lose weight but we learned not to eat processed food or canned or frozen vegetables it doesn't take a whole lot to just make sure you get your fruit and veggie requirements in and if you use fresh as opposed to frozen and throw in one you normally wouldn't eat you get a lot of extra nutrition.

If you are craving something eat it but if your getting a variety of foods you won't have as many cravings. You want a pepsi try splitting one with someone see if that helps. THE best rule of thumb is to try to eat something small hopefully healthy but it doesn't have to be every two hours it will help combat (i am getting terrible heartburn and it helps) and nausea .

As long as you make sure your eating a variety of fresh fruits and veggies throughout the day and mix it up then you won't need as much food also when your eating every two hours your metabolism picks up it is the best thing for you along with drinking a lot of water. I wouldn't just cut yourself off of junk though you wean off of it otherwise you will end up super healthy for a week and be like screw this . . .

we eat lots of fresh fruit and veggies no processed food no white flour and i switched to red potatoes lol also we never use iceberg lettuce but we shifted slowly when i was a single mom working 3 jobs i did not have time for this lol though i could have done better then totinos pizzas and kids cuisine lol
September 11th, 2012, 11:47 AM
SuperMartianRobotMom6's Avatar Proud Mama & Happy Wife
Eating everything in sight and loving every second of it!
Elly M. likes this.

September 11th, 2012, 12:13 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Interestingly enough, you need 500 extra calories a day when bf, and only 300 extra a day in the 2nd & 3rd trimester of pregnancy! Seems like making a baby would require more calories than that!
dyeanotherday likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
September 11th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Calendula's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My big, big change is less nitrates and sodium nitrite. There's scads in bacon, turkey bacon, salami and beef jerky. I love all of those things. That, and eating mroe frequently. If my blood sugar dips or my stomach gets empty, the nausea really hits.

September 11th, 2012, 12:56 PM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't changed anything drastically at this point. I'm still only 11dpo, so I'm trying to savor my last few days of no morning sickness.

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
September 11th, 2012, 02:06 PM
SuperMartianRobotMom6's Avatar Proud Mama & Happy Wife
In my first pregnancy, I ate healthy and still gained 65lbs. Now Im just going with my cravings, if Im gonna double in size Im going to enjoy it! LOL! Also I had a 10lb baby!
pressedfairie and EverydayJoy like this.

September 11th, 2012, 02:42 PM
May 2013 Cohost
My eating habits have ever been great...I've been experiencing food aversions due to nausea. So I usually eat wha I crave to stave off the nausea. Not too healthy these days...I will try harder once the nausea eases!
September 11th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Veteran
The only change I have made is adding a glass of milk to my daily routine. I must say i eat ok. I really need to kick these fast food cravings. Before the BFP i was not and had not eaten fast food in months.
September 11th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We eat paleo. Look up the Whole30, we are just days from finishing our first 30 days. We plan on some cheats this weekend since it is our anniversary but after that I intend on going back to the Whole30 to keep pre-e, weight gain, GE and all that other bad preggo stuff at bay.

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

September 12th, 2012, 04:59 PM
pressedfairie's Avatar Super Mommy
My vice is coffee. I decided to give up caffeine when I got my BFP. Needless to say, I've had caffeine headaches for 3 days!!! I think I've gotten over the hump though. Otherwise, I eat fairly healthily anyway, so my diet won't change much. No more sushi though...that sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayJoy View Post
Interestingly enough, you need 500 extra calories a day when bf, and only 300 extra a day in the 2nd & 3rd trimester of pregnancy! Seems like making a baby would require more calories than that!
I was far hungrier while breastfeeding initially then when I was pregnant with DS.

Thank you peimum for my awesome siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search