Anyone still breastfeeding?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dianaad

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 11th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Regular
How are you dealing with the pain and tenderness?

My plan has always been to let my son self wean and now that he is 20 months old he is down to pretty much mornings, nap and bedtime.

My nipples are so sensitive right now though that sometimes it feels like I'm being stabbed! OW, ow, ow!

Mommy to Dominik b. 12-30-10 at 35weeks weighing 3lbs 2oz
Expecting #2 May 2013

September 11th, 2012, 10:19 AM
SuperMartianRobotMom6's Avatar Proud Mama & Happy Wife
Im still nursing, I have a 3 month old. I dont have any pain. But if you put the lanolin cream it really helps.

September 11th, 2012, 10:56 AM
pressedfairie's Avatar Super Mommy
I haven't had any issues yet, but I'm only 4 weeks along. I'm not sure what I'll do if it becomes painful. My son is 22 months and our nursing schedule is the same as yours - morning, naptime, bedtime. Every now and then we do a late afternoon feed, when he's super grumpy and requests it.

I've been thinking about weaning when he turns 2 in a couple months, but I guess I'll see how I feel then.

Thank you peimum for my awesome siggy!
September 11th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Regular
I don't think the lanolin cream would help. It's not pain from cracking or anything like that which is what the lanolin helps with. Its just from the extra progesterone I think. My friend who is 5 weeks ahead of me said hers has eased up so here's to hoping!

Expecting #2 May 2013

September 11th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are, 15m here and 4 weeks pg, I haven't noticed a change in my boobs yet.

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

September 12th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Hi, Dianna..it's Kimberly

I am still breastfeeding my 19 month old. She still nurses approx 4-5 times/24 hour period. I don't think she is getting much now though, and I hope to gently wean..hopefully a few months before this new one is to arrive. I have only had a little sensitivity while nursing..mainly during let down. I don't have any advice on it though..hopefully yours will ease up once this first trimester is over. (((hugs)))
September 12th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Regular
Hey Kimberly! I think we're the only ones still nursing from DIF. My pain comes and goes so it's bearable. He's also pretty good about it if I say milkies need to go bye bye. I'm actually thinking I may end up tandem nursing if he doesn't wean during the pregnancy. That's going to be interesting!

Expecting #2 May 2013

September 12th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianaad View Post
Hey Kimberly! I think we're the only ones still nursing from DIF. My pain comes and goes so it's bearable. He's also pretty good about it if I say milkies need to go bye bye. I'm actually thinking I may end up tandem nursing if he doesn't wean during the pregnancy. That's going to be interesting!
t

There are a lot of ladies who make tandem nursing work..my DIF girl is pretty stubborn, and loves to nurse..so I may be there with you doing the tandem thing..but hoping not too at this point!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search