Ready for you all to hate me.

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By dyeanotherday
  • 4 Post By Tree_Love
  • 3 Post By kurly

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Super Mommy
I'm gonna be honest here and I know i'll get a lot of crap for this. I am actually regretting getting pregnant. I have been SO sick. Nauseous and throwing up every hour for the past 7 days. I can't keep anything down, and can barely get in about a water bottle of water a day. I get chills and have a fever. I have no end in sight. My mom and sisters were sick their entire pregnancies (although not as bad as me) and maybe it's because this is my first and I've never held that baby that belongs to me after all to pain to realize it's worth it, and maybe it's because I haven't had an ultrasound to even see the bean or hear a heartbeat, but I really regret being pregnant right now.

I hope that goes away. :/
September 13th, 2012, 06:09 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I'm glad you said something. I have felt the same way for the past week. I'm due with #2 and nausea started big time this week. I'm scared I have made a huge mistake.
September 13th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry that your are getting so sick Have you called the dr? The fact that you have a fever worries me. If I were you, I would call the doctor and let them know just how sick you are. There are things they can give you to help. Can you call in the morning and see if they can get you in?

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

September 13th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Super Mommy
Yes, Elly, I saw the nurse on Monday for all my bloodwork. I told her how I was feeling, and that I had been diagnosed with a bladder infection 3 weeks previous, but didn't feel better after my round of antibiotics. She told me it would take a few days to get the results back, but they would call me and let me know if the bladder infection was still there and they would prescribe me meds. Well I called yesterday when I hadn't heard from them....and she said still no results- they should have them today. I've heard nothing today. So if I don't hear from the doctor tomorrow, I'm going to ER. I think I need an IV for dehydration, and maybe they can start me on something for the fever/chills.

Also, the nurse told me to try Emetrol for the nausea. 30 seonds after swallowing, I threw it up.

Kary, I hope we BOTH feel better SOON...
September 13th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Dhartanya's Avatar Paleo Mommy-to-be
Just popping in from the Dec DDC.
I had terrible MS, was dx with Hyperemesis. Even was hospitalized. Lost 9lbs in 4 days.
I did eventually taper off, but not without the help of medication.
DO NOT be afraid to ask for something.
I was on Diclectin, Maxeram, Zofran and Gravol for months! I needed something every 2 hours till was was almost 4 months pregnant.
Not I just take the Diclectin daily and Zofran as needed (the no name Zofran is cheap for those with no prescription plan).
You do not have to suffer! Go to your doctor and demand to be prescribed something.
T

September 13th, 2012, 07:13 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree. The nausea should not be preventing you from functioning for as long as you have suffered. If I was as sick as you are and wasn't getting the relief I needed, I would go to the doctor's office and throw up in their waiting room repeatedly until they gave me the medication I needed. It's so simple for them to write you a prescription for some anti-nausea medication that will allow you to function. I wouldn't take no for an answer.

Most morning sickness usually goes away by weeks 12-14. I know that seems like an eternity but it really does get better. Hang in there, mama. I promise it is all worth it once you are holding that little baby.
September 13th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
I was you with my 1st pregnancy. Get IVs from the doc. You will feel tons better. I got them 2 times a week last time. Once you are dehydrated the ms is worse so you gotta catch up. I tried EVERYTHING I read online, on Jm and from fam and friends. Eventually... Well into my 2nd tri my step grandma chimed in with sipping a Pepsi or coke.that worked like a charm. I was able to eat ok in my 3rd trimester.

And my doc said the ms like this was normal for some women. I was pretty much on forced bedrest because I couldn't open my eyes without yakking... My husband had to eat alone and couldn't cook in the house or I was extra miserable. It was a long few months. Eventually my doc gave me zofran but I only got 5 pills a month so I had to pick 5 days I wanted to feel really good. Then friends mailed me their extras

Last edited by Skimboardin Mama; September 14th, 2012 at 06:07 AM.
September 13th, 2012, 09:01 PM
dyeanotherday's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is how it was with my son it was terrible i was admitted to the hospital a few times i would even throw up the medication for nausea and i was sick till i was in my third trimester then i had acid reflux so bad it felt like everything i ate was crawling back up my throat and i couldn't sleep and i got postpartum depression but i'm not sure if that was from being pregnant or the fact that i was working full time and taking care of my son and my ex husband cheated on me when he was 4 months old and i could go on but it isn't important

and honestly it was worth every minute for the sweet little boy that i have he is stubborn and can be a huge handful but he is the sweetest little boy and the first time he smiled at me and the first time he tilted his little head and said I wuv you mommy just melted my heart and i would do it all again

hang in there it isn't always fun but it will be worth it
Skimboardin Mama likes this.
September 13th, 2012, 09:10 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would be very worried about you what with feeling like you haven't gotten over the UTI after getting antibiotics. You could possibly have a kidney infection. I know I just told another lady here this in an earlier post, but I would be concerned that this isn't m/s, it's a kidney infection. At any rate, I'd go into the ER pronto and get some help. This just isn't right.
And I can totally understand regretting getting pregnant. I think everyone who is ever pregnant has at least one fleeting thought like that. And then if the symptoms are really bad, then yes, you could be full on thinking, What have I gotten myself into?
Get to the ER!!!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
September 13th, 2012, 09:15 PM
BTW please post when you know more! Hope you're doing ok.

September 13th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have anything to add about being sick but wanted to say I don't hate you at all. Pregnancy is a roller coaster and adding a human to the world is a huge deal especially when that human is already affecting you so much without even being earthside. We are a group to share all our ups and downs with. Major kudos for the courage it took to say something, we're here to discuss every aspect of pregnancy. Good, bad or indifferent.

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

September 14th, 2012, 09:19 AM
pressedfairie's Avatar Super Mommy
I totally agree with Samantha. Pregnancy IS a roller coaster. I had moments when I felt like that when I was pregnant with DS. I even think that the reason I was so overdue was because I had so much anxiety about being a mom. (They say it can prevent labor sometimes.)

I even felt a tad bit regretful when I realized how much this pregnancy/birth was going to cost us (no maternity coverage). But in the end, I know it will be okay.

This is the best place to talk about these kinds of feelings. I so do not hate you, and most of us have down times during pregnancy. Darn hormones!

Thank you peimum for my awesome siggy!
September 14th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Regular
I would ask for some zofran or reglan like the other ladies suggested. Thats what I have been taking for years to be able to eat period. I get very sick to my stomach somedays and can't even eat because I have bad stomach pains and also yes go get the fever looked out and some iv fluids that should help. Good luck to you I hope you feel better soon. I also find if I eat 6 little meals a day sometimes just a apple or a few crackers it helps me from getting more nauseous. Also lime in my water helps.

September 14th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Super Mommy
Hi girls, just got home from Urgent Care. They gave me an IV, a shot in the butt of Zofran, and a prescription for Zofran.....I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER ALREADY! I'm still a bit nauseous, but at least I'm functional! I'm so happy, I could cry.

Thank you all for the encouragement...I'm sure after this all wears off in a few days, and I'm back down, I will come back and read this all to feel better. (And will go get another IV- that was heavenly!)

p.s. On the way home, because I actually felt like eating for the first time in a week, I got a chicken nugget happy meal! Sooooo good
September 14th, 2012, 07:58 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So glad you were able to find some relief and eat!! We are here when you need us.

September 14th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Ohh that's soo great to hear! I'm glad you are ok.
Be sure to talk to your doc right away about getting an Rx for Zofran...because you may need it, and it would be smart to be proactive if your m/s is going to be that bad. I'm so glad you're feeling better!

September 15th, 2012, 05:41 AM
Liz311w's Avatar Veteran
So glad you're feeling better! Hopefully the medicine will keep the MS at bay some and you can finally start to enjoy your pregnancy!
Mommy to Makenna (6) and Jackson (4). Waiting for #3 to complete my family.

September 15th, 2012, 06:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
Sooooo glad the IVs helped you. I suffered for so long before I went to urgent care. No one had told me to go because no one else had been in my shoes. I remember I even got an I.V. right before going to a motley Cre concert just so. Could get out once! (had VIP friends were opening for them) it will wear off but so glad you got to eat something. I remember always crying with that awful ms it's really hard to deal with. Hope the zofran helps. I'm getting some tomorrow too

September 15th, 2012, 07:34 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Awesome! I want chicken nuggets now, too!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search