Confession------

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 14th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Meganpixel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been awful stressed lately...

Unlike most of you---I haven't called the Dr to make an appointment yet. Well I did call- but they told me my midwife left last month - took another position in triage and is no longer working there. I am crushed. I hate change. I want my midwife!!! Maybe this is a good thing though....we moved a few months ago and I am about an hour from their office. I need to find someone new...I am just having a hard time and don't know where to start. I would like a midwife----but I am not finding one...

Is it bad I don't have any appointments yet??
September 14th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Veteran
No, but its important that you schedule one soon.

Hopefully it gets better and easier. Try asking someone you know and trust in the area for a recommendation of a OB/Midwife.
September 14th, 2012, 11:24 AM
dyeanotherday's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i don't have any either i can't decide which town to have the baby in i am considering the one that wants to see you sooner as opposed to later but i dunno yet i think i need to sit down and talk to doctors or something . . . i plan to call after i.m 6 weeks or so i am not a fan of doctors
September 14th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't think it's bad at all. I went to an early appt, had an awful experience and didn't go back until I was nearly 17 weeks. You should begin interviewing. Cause you're going to want someone there when things get, um, birthy.

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

September 14th, 2012, 12:15 PM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't think it is bad of you to be waiting but I would highly suggest trying to find someone soon. I found a list of ob/gyns on my insurance website and when I called around one was booked until the end of October (they wouldn't even do a confirmation appt until then) and another already had their maximum allowed amount of pregnancies for the month. The sooner you start calling, the better your chances will be to get who you want. Good luck!
September 14th, 2012, 12:24 PM
I had a great experience with my midwife last pregnancy...I am just heartbroken Its probably the hormones. I have a text into a few friends on recommendations..

We haven't said anything to anyone yet- so I wonder if I am getting them thinking
September 14th, 2012, 02:11 PM
ok I called to make an appointment somewhere close to me. They need me to come in and take a test to confirm and then make appointments after that. So now I just need to get down there.
September 14th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Veteran
I have not called yet either. I think i will call on Mon.
September 14th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Rhonda66's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't called yet. When I had my son 5 years ago, I called right away and she didn't really do anything that can't wait. My DH is presently changing jobs so our health insurance will be changing as of October 1 so I'm going to make my appointment once we have the new insurance.
September 14th, 2012, 03:26 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck! Finding an OB is so nervewracking!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search