Gotta have it: Baby Gear

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2012, 05:56 PM
LPNMOMMY84's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by anothermother View Post
We loved our travel system because we take walks every night, especially in the summer. And where we live having a carrier would be just too hot for those types of evenings. I've never heard about the lower levels on o2 in carseats... do you have a link for that?

I do plan on using the moby wrap more this time around, but I definitely like the option of having both.
sleeping baby productions | Newborn and infant safety in baby-holding devices

It doesn't mean you cant put your baby in the stroller, they are just recommending doing it without the car seat, as long a stroller can be laid flat and has a protective barrier at the end of the stroller seat, then they are safe. Im not sure why this is, maybe their positioning in them being all scrunched up? I used my travel system all the time with DD1, less so with DD2 because I wore her, ALOT. I found wearing wayyyyyy more convenient for me. The baby stayed sleeping/quiet longer, it was easier to just offer the breast as they were already at the breast anyway.

Last edited by LPNMOMMY84; September 15th, 2012 at 06:02 PM.
September 15th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
The thing we have isn't a co-sleeper, it's this

We lie it between us. We also took this when we went to the beach and pool parties in the sumer so we had a safe cool place to lay the baby. For the side of our bed a pack and play with the sleeper on top should work for us. I think. We want to be able to take it with us in the offset we have to travel to visit fam or something.

Quote:
Oh, I would love to get a co-sleeper too, Nancy! Have you used one before? It is something I am interested in since we have to figure out bed/crib arrangements anyway because our old crib is toast. I want our baby close too because his/her actual room is on the other side of the house and I plan to BF... so not real convenient for those middle-of-the-night feedings.

lol at the bumbo!! We have a purple bumbo... that *may* be ok if we have a boy... but we'll see lol!

September 15th, 2012, 06:00 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I certainly wasn't going to bring up co-sleeping since sometimes it's get touchy but we did it with both our girls and loved it. We were SUPER safe about it. DH and I each had our own thin blankets and the baby had hers. DH had a pillow (which he has a weird pillow where it's more like just a pillow case... yeah ) and I had mine, nothing else on the bed. And I kinda have this 6th sense where even if she sighed I woke up. But yeah, I totally agree that SIDS has more to do with the unsafe environment, not cosleeping across the board.

September 15th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
Love love love my moby but it is super warm! They make a lightweight/breathable ergo!

Quote:
We loved our travel system because we take walks every night, especially in the summer. And where we live having a carrier would be just too hot for those types of evenings. I've never heard about the lower levels on o2 in carseats... do you have a link for that?

I do plan on using the moby wrap more this time around, but I definitely like the option of having both.

September 15th, 2012, 06:02 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
thanks for the links and recommendations girls! They really helped!

September 15th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Ugh, talk about people getting touchy! its like if people parent differently than them they feel the need to defend the way they choose to parent because if someone doesn't do the exact same thing then its like they are saying they are wrong or bad parents or something, I never understand that. Unless someone is abusive or hurting their kids I try to just smile and nod and take away from it what will work for us and leave behind what will not. People do get touchy! LOL
anothermother likes this.
September 15th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPNMOMMY84 View Post
We bed share, then use a pack and play. The only things we need for the baby is cloth diapers, a boob, and some clothes. We are registering for a mamaroo.

I don't use travel systems, babies left in car seats for prolonged periods of time show a significant and dangerous drop in oxygen sat levels, babies should never be kept in a car seat as a carrier, only in the car when completely necessary.
I didn't know this, kinda scary because DS slept in his carseat for the first six months because of his horrible reflux. It was the easiest way to keep his head elevated while he slept.

September 15th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss britt View Post
I didn't know this, kinda scary because DS slept in his carseat for the first six months because of his horrible reflux. It was the easiest way to keep his head elevated while he slept.
I would say in this situation, if you are close by and checking all the time, it was warranted. My oldest DD had awful reflux She slept on her belly and I was read the riot act by EV.ER.Y.ONE... I have no idea how she made it to 5, i've done it ALL WRONG, afterall..... lol

We all make the best decisions we can in the moment for OUR kids. Does that make sense?
September 15th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Veteran
I guess its scary because it DID feel wrong! I was always worried the carseat would flip over or he would roll out, etc. I slept horrible and so did he! If i would have known about the O2 stats I would have looked into another way. Baby reflux just sucks!

September 15th, 2012, 06:48 PM
aww sweetie, we ALL do things that we may regret later. Im glad I got to give you some info, but feel bad if I made you feel bad. The things I tried with Abrielle, ha, you'd think Im a crazy lady.... ((HUGS))
September 15th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Veteran
No, you just confirmed I should always trust my gut! If it feels wrong, it always is! And believe me i did some pretty wacky stuff with my son lol! I pass no judgement!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search