Do you smell that?!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By selenamdz

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2012, 06:28 AM
selenamdz's Avatar Veteran
Does anyone else have an intense sense of smell that is ruining their life?!
I do!
SERIOUSLY, it has gotten that bad. I realized today that I am so sick all the time because every smell is making me sick.
I even can't stand the naturally scent of my husband,which is so sad and I wish I could explain it without hurting his feelings!
I can't stand the way my kids smell either, and no not because they are dirty. They literally just got our of the bath and their natural scent is making me sick.
My husband is half hispanic and cooks a lot of mexican food, WHICH I LOVE. But now I can smell it in the house days after he cooks it and its making me sick!
Every time I go somewhere I feel like puking because someone smells bad or is wearing too much perfume. UGH, this is hell. I hope it fades a bit... but I remember whenever smells bugged me in past pregnancies they bugged me all pregnancy. WHAT TO DO?
Elly M. likes this.

September 17th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The sense of smell problem started with me this weekend. I feel like all I said all weekend is "Oh my God, what is that smell?!" My DH brought home take out the other night since it was just the two of us (DS was visiting his mummum) and everything smelled so bad to me, I swore they food was rotten, which of course it wasn't, it was fine. Oh and the plastic on my some of my sons toys has a certain smell that makes me gag, lol. So, no, you are not alone in this

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

September 17th, 2012, 07:00 AM
Rhonda66's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YES, so bad, it just literally started! I put on a zip-up sweater because it was chilly this morning and the minute I put it on, I was like "I think the cat must have peed on this when we moved" so I ripped it off and put it in the laundry - now I wore the same zip-up about a week ago and didn't smell anything. So I put on another one and it smelled just as bad to me! I was like "OMG, do I smell this bad normally and I didn't even know it?!" Now the smell won't go away, it's like it's in my skin now...AUGH! Gross!
September 17th, 2012, 08:35 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Me too! Suddenly my husband's deodorant is way too strong...and yesterday he made a hamburger that stunk up the whole house and had me hiding out in the bedroom, trying not to puke.
September 17th, 2012, 08:49 AM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
this is by far the worst pregnancy symptom. Before I knew I was pregnant, I tore through the fridge at work trying to find the nasty smell. When I couldn't find anything, I thought I better start POAS because something was up. I think our garbage disposal at home is rancid and I've tried everything I can think of to fix the smell. DH smells nothing.
September 17th, 2012, 09:06 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ugh I hate that too. It's not as bad for me, only certain things get me, but what I notice the most right now are my son's diapers. And not even the poopy ones! Even just the wet ones I'm holding my breath and changing him as fast as I can.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
September 17th, 2012, 11:08 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Yeah, I notice the wet ones too! They're getting to me badly...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search