Doctor's Appointment Update & New Due Date!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Surpise Baby Due in May
So my appointment went well today. The Nurse Practitioner did an internal exam and said my uterus felt to be more like 11-12 weeks and she thought that was odd. So she did a quick abdominal ultrasound and quickly found a sac measuring 6 weeks exactly. The abdominal ultrasound machine is pretty old and grainy so I didn't see much. So all I saw is what looked to be like a little pea and a sac. Hehe...

Problem is, I'm not convinced there's only one in there! Why would my uterus feel so big on an internal exam and there only be one 6 week baby?

Anyway, pretty excited to be 6 weeks 0 days. That means I got pregnant on a very romantic trip to wine country. It's true what they say about relaxation helping the conception process.

Last edited by wiiblii; September 17th, 2012 at 11:38 AM.
September 17th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Did they set up an appt for you for a better u/s? Now I really want to know if there is only one in there, lol

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

September 17th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Surpise Baby Due in May
I have another appointment in 4 weeks. It's probably just because this is my 4th baby. I'm guessing it's only one but it's nice to have confirmation. Twins scare the crap out of me!
September 17th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I always used to get so scared at the thought of twins. Twins run in my family, and my MIL had triplets!! without any kind of fertilty help! For some reason though, I can't stop thinking about twins, and now I would be ecstatic to have twins. It is highly unlikely, but fun to think about

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

September 17th, 2012, 01:27 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I think sometimes the "feeling" measurements can be very subjective. I went with my first son and was "six" weeks. And they were like "oh you feel way further along. Like 10-12." But the sonographer was on vacation, so they scheduled me for two weeks later. I was panicking about it, knowing it was impossible to be further along. And when I went back in, my exam before the sonogram a different midwife was like "feels right on track, about 8-9 weeks." Then I panicked thinking the baby was dead, since it shrunk. But the sonogram showed a perfect 8 week baby. And he's my older son. But I remember asking "how were the measurements so far off?" and the midwife just said "sometimes if the uterus is tilted a certain way or our hand is located odd, it can feel bigger or smaller than expected." Which seems kinda a half-behind explanation for scaring the crud out of me. But nonetheless, I had that happen too. It will probably be a long wait for you regardless though! I hope whatever you want to happen, happens
September 17th, 2012, 01:43 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay! Congrats on seeing the baby!

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
September 17th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Ryan and Alex's Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1 baby or 2 babies good luck mama! Can't wait for an update

September 17th, 2012, 02:50 PM
usnwifey9's Avatar Veteran
Glad to hear you were able to see baby on the u/s! I'm curious to find out how things progress with you and if there really is only one little one growing . Keep us posted!
September 17th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've also had my uterus feel bigger in an exam than baby was. We thought number 7 might be twins, but he was a singleton. I measured 14 weeks at 8 weeks. So you never know, but its happened to me. Glad all was well!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search