Bloodwork and nurse appt today...

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2012, 03:44 PM
McKendon's Avatar Veteran
I was sent to the lab today for a 1 hr GTT, HIV test, and other standard blood tests. I also met with the nurse for about an hour going over my PG history, health, miscarriages, etc. I will likely be referred to the high risk Dr after my OB appt later this week due to my age.

I found out today that I have already done things wrong like color my hair, took Tylenol PM, ate lunchmeat, wasn't taking enough folic acid (supposedly you need 1000 mcg when over age 35). I felt pretty clueless. It has been 9years since my last pregnancy, so a lot has changed!!

Since I am on progesterone supplements, she put me on "pelvic rest" which DH was like "huh." so no BD for us until the Dr says it is ok.

I was sent home with a 24 hour urine jug and see theDr on Thurs.

I'm just hoping there is still a baby with a beating heart in there!
September 17th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I can totally relate hon...it's been 13yrs since I had DS and I'm re-learning ALOT! I wouldn't worry yourself over all of the small stuff that you may have "done wrong", just focus on creating healthier habits going forward and all will be okay. You know we all hear stories about women not finding out their pg until 2nd trimester and theyve done all sorts of crazy things and had perfect lil babies....Not that I would recommend it, but don't lose any sleep over it hon, it'll be fine!
September 17th, 2012, 03:58 PM
dyeanotherday's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sure everything is fine Doctors just like to tell you every little thing that you should and should not do to cover their bases. I had a friend living in France two years ago and thy recommend there for women to take up smoking so they don't gain to much during their pregnancy and to drink a glass of wine during the third trimester every night so they could sleep i think i don't remember and other ridicules stuff i don't know if every doctor there is like that but she went to three doctors before she decided that it would be better to go to England to have her babies and there are plenty of babies born in France

You are correcting it and everything will be fine

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search