Facebook Group

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 29th, 2012, 12:07 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Question- why would you be able to access the FB group easier than the JM group? Don't both of them require an Internet connection?
September 29th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kary4 View Post
Question- why would you be able to access the FB group easier than the JM group? Don't both of them require an Internet connection?
I was wondering the same thing. Doesn't make sense to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

September 29th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
When my pr for my son stared one, there was not an app for jm. Now that there is, there are both easy to access. .

My last disc didn't start a fb group until our babies were about 3 months old.

September 29th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memi View Post
I was wondering the same thing. Doesn't make sense to me.

Maybe forums are blocked at her work but FB isn't? Filters are quirky sometimes.
September 29th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Whiterozse's Avatar Veteran
I would be willing to do either. I would just worry about other people seeing my activity on the facebook page? I am waiting to announce my pregnancy until after the first trimester, and I kinda want to keep that private...anyone know if others would be able to see that you joined our DDC kind of group?

September 29th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Themrs0523's Avatar Super Mommy
Is there a JM app? I have just been coming through safari on my iPhone.
September 29th, 2012, 06:50 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We didn't start our FB group until we were a playroom but it killed our playroom. I don't mind adding you ladies as friends at some point but I agree with the other ladies that I'm not ready yet. I haven't put anything on Facebook about being pregnant and I prefer to know people better before adding them to Facebook. I'd love to have a group some day though.
September 29th, 2012, 07:55 PM
knightsgirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by anothermother View Post
It has been mentioned and I think the majority rather we just stay here. Once FB groups are made the JM site usually dies a slow death. That coupled with many of us want to keep our FB privacy until we get to know each other better. Going to FB eventually might happen, but there is something magical about being apart of a DDC on JM itself
^^^ I was going to say this too ... that's why I haven't brought it up yet. =D I figured we'd all wait and get to know each other in JM before we up and "move". lol

And as for FB Privacy, you can still be in a group together without having to friend anyone in it yet. So you'd be able to keep yourself private if you wanted to. =D

Thank you so much to Typical Vampire for my awesome siggie!!

September 29th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themrs0523 View Post
Is there a JM app? I have just been coming through safari on my iPhone.
Yes. Search for Forum Runner. Once you've added the app you can search for JM within Forum Runner.

September 30th, 2012, 07:11 AM
May 2013 Cohost
I'm not on Facebook and have no plans to join.
September 30th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Melliesbelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Forum runner makes it super easy to use JM while on your phone! I love it!!

SO to Brian
Mommy to Liam, and Gage!

September 30th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Kenzie's Avatar Photography Momma
Forum runner is awesome! I use it too.
October 1st, 2012, 06:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Facebook has an app for the phone...so you can access it. JM on safari is slow and freezes and dies. I haven't been able to even look at JM for the past couple days. Its sad. Id like a group of people to talk to during this pregnacy but my office moves in 2-3 weeks and then I won't have any privacy. So guess I won't be able to stay with this group. Its nice that I have two groups on facebook from my other pregnancies I guess...not exactly the same thing but better than nothing. Also I don't like posting very much cofidential stuff on JM...its open to anyone to read out there where at least facebook is secret/private. But whatever. Can't do anything about it. Would have liked to know you ladies better.
October 1st, 2012, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS View Post
Facebook has an app for the phone...so you can access it. JM on safari is slow and freezes and dies. I haven't been able to even look at JM for the past couple days. Its sad. Id like a group of people to talk to during this pregnacy but my office moves in 2-3 weeks and then I won't have any privacy. So guess I won't be able to stay with this group. Its nice that I have two groups on facebook from my other pregnancies I guess...not exactly the same thing but better than nothing. Also I don't like posting very much cofidential stuff on JM...its open to anyone to read out there where at least facebook is secret/private. But whatever. Can't do anything about it. Would have liked to know you ladies better.
Again...there is an app called Forum Runner that you can download. Once you have downloaded that search for the JM group in Forum Runner. It allows you to check all the JM boards quickly and easily from your phone. If you're able to check FB there's no reason you shouldn't be able to check JM unless it's just by choice.

If you choose to stay and be active then there will eventually be a private subforum that not everyone can access. But I think most ladies have made it clear that to us FB and giving out our real names and our location and all our families real names and everything else you can gather from FB we are simply not comfortable with yet as we are basically still all strangers. You have to give time for trust to build in these groups. Most people aren't ok with just jumping into it.

MindyRambo likes this.

Last edited by Memi; October 1st, 2012 at 03:11 PM.
October 1st, 2012, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memi View Post
Yes. Search for Forum Runner. Once you've added the app you can search for JM within Forum Runner.

Thanks!
October 1st, 2012, 07:13 PM
Oh this is wonderful!!! Way better than going through Safari!
October 1st, 2012, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themrs0523 View Post
Oh this is wonderful!!! Way better than going through Safari!
So glad you figured it out. It's kind of hard to explain.
The only thing is I hate not being able to see everyone's siggys!

October 3rd, 2012, 06:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I tried Forum Runner...my phone keeps crashing. Maybe cause its an older iphone. I don't know. I can't use pinterest on my phone either. But the facebook app works.

Oh well. I will read stuff for the next two weeks and maybe post here and there. Then I can't get on I guess. I know two ladies from here from my other PRs and I have my other PRs at least.
October 3rd, 2012, 12:40 PM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
NO FB GROUP!! atleast not yet! When we all gave birth my ddc made a fb group and the JM group died! No one even checks it any more.

October 3rd, 2012, 12:48 PM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
In my other PR we didn't start the FB group until we'd known each other for a few years. I don't think we have to wait quite that long, but I'm not quite ready to lose the DDC and move to FB.

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search