Thoughts and prayers, please.

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 29th, 2012, 05:59 AM
Calendula's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My three year old nephew has been diagnosed with Stage 4 Neuroblastoma. It is already in his heart, lungs, liver and bone marrow. They are doing an MRI to check his brain. He is inoperable, but they are currently treating him very aggressively with multiple chemotherapy drugs. They're hoping for the miracle chance that chemo will be able to get him to a place where blood stem cell and bone marrow transplants are an option, which would give him the best chance at survival.

I was researching tonight, and just found out that being pregnant makes me ineligible as a donor of either. I feel so guilty. Been crying all evening thinking that my happiness could be taking away an opportunity from that little boy and his mom. I know this isn't really logical or healthy, but I can't get past feeling like a monster because of it. I just wanted so badly to believe there was some way I could help them. Thinking that way about it was kind of holding me together.

We're bringing over a fresh batch of coloring and I-Spy books and some breakfast for his parents in a few hours. I really need to get a handle on myself so I don't scare him and burden his parents more. Just sharing here to try to release it some before then.

September 29th, 2012, 06:02 AM
Veteran
so sorry! I hope the treatment works!

September 29th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Calendula's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you. I'm going to step away for a bit to try to distract and compose myself before heading over.

September 29th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Redneck_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a lot for a little boy to go through. Y'all are in my prayers.
September 29th, 2012, 06:17 AM
Veteran
Praying so hard for a miracle for him and his family! I hate to see little ones get sick, it breaks my heart!

September 29th, 2012, 06:34 AM
LPNMOMMY84's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG. Just WHY??!??!?! A freaking baby for goodness sake. I am so so so sorry. Im praying so much .... Im seriously sitting here crying for you and your family.
September 29th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Veteran
Praying for your nephew
September 29th, 2012, 07:18 AM
May 2013 Cohost
I'm so saddened to hear this. My heart is breaking for you and the family. Is this your sister's child? I'm so sorry you feel guilty about not being able to donate.

I hate cancer.
September 29th, 2012, 07:27 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so incredibly sorry. Thoughts and prayers are going out for your whole family.
September 29th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
praying for him and hoping for a miracle

September 29th, 2012, 08:22 AM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
why does this happen to small children? really? I just don't understand. it isn't fair to anyone. I can't stop crying for that little boy, I'm so sorry this is happening. please don't feel like a monster for not being able to donate, it's out of your control. big hugs and prayers being sent that he makes it.

oh, god, it's just so hard to even think about

September 29th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugggh that is terrible!! I'm so so sorry to hear your family is having to go they this. Bless his little heart. I hope and pray you get to witness a miracle in his little body

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

September 29th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Super Mommy
Poor little love. Sending lots of love and healing wishes!
September 29th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry like the other ladies have said cancer is evil and no child should have to go thrgh it i pray he gets better please dont feel guilty it's out of ur control kup x

September 29th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my goodness! Don't beat yourself up, there is simply no way you could have known that pregnancy would do that. I'm sure your family is full of people willing to donate and if he is still in need when LO arrives, you can donate then! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, hoping that the treatment will bring your family a miracle.

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

September 29th, 2012, 09:22 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry to hear this! I have a 3 year old nephew and I can't even imagine what it would be like for something like this to happen to him. Thoughts and prayers!!
September 29th, 2012, 09:29 AM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry That is just not fair for this innocent child and your family. I pray for healing and a complete recovery. Hang in there.

September 29th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Rhonda66's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just don't understand how these things can happen to kids! It is just so unfair and how is it even possible?! Don't beat yourself up, it's certainly nobody's fault persay, if you're ineligible, then there's not much you can do beyond that as far as being a donor goes. Praying that the treatment goes well. Don't know what else to say, just struck by how totally unfair and thinking WHY do things like this occur...
September 29th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Veteran
i am sorry that this poor little angel has to go through this and i pray that the chemo will kill this and that everything will be ok.
September 29th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Melliesbelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so, so, sorry. That is awful. Your family will be in my t&p's.

SO to Brian
Mommy to Liam, and Gage!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search