Work!!! Grrr...

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Mom_in_AK
  • 1 Post By Melliesbelly
  • 1 Post By Lauren2611
  • 1 Post By mamamac

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 29th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Whiterozse's Avatar Veteran
Hi all,

As a special education teacher, who happens to be on her feet alllllll day, I am having a really hard time finding time to rest and sit during the day. I love my job, but my kiddos just need so much attention and help. As I think about it, I feel more and more grouchy (hormones much?!) that I can't seem to get the breaks and rest I need. I am still very early in my pregnancy, but can't help but think about how it probably won't get any easier.

Anyone else in this same situation? I imagine you stay at home mommies have similar issues when running after your own kiddos too...

What to do???

September 30th, 2012, 12:24 AM
Veteran
I am on my feet and running around all day at work too, but mostly that is by choice. The sooner I get my work done, the sooner I get to go home. Right now I go in right after I take my daughter to school so that I can get it all in before I wear out completely. I imagine tho at some point I am going to have to start taking it a bit slower and pace myself.
Whiterozse likes this.
September 30th, 2012, 04:25 AM
Melliesbelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh yes. My toddler is choosing just now to decide that he wants to be a big boy and only nap once a day, so dealing with that transition is just awful. I could really use both those naps, because I can't get anything done around the house while he's awake, so I have yet to be able to really sit down and breathe until the evening. It's tough, and I'm sure it's only going to get harder, so you have my sympathy. I haven't the faintest idea how I'm going to manage, I just keep telling myself that I will.
Whiterozse likes this.

SO to Brian
Mommy to Liam, and Gage!

September 30th, 2012, 04:46 AM
Veteran
I'm sorry you're not able to get the rest you need or to be able to kick those feet up for a while. I can relate and it's hard. I work 12hr shift as a nurse and wonder how this will affect my pregnancy later on, my son was 3 weeks early. I hope you can find a few min here and there to get the rest you need.
Whiterozse likes this.

September 30th, 2012, 05:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
First of all, thank you so much for being a special education teacher. We need more wonderful teachers like you! My mom is a teacher and I know how incredibly hard and stressful that job can be without the added strain of pregnancy.

I wish I had some magic advice, but all I can say is that I'll be thinking about you and sending lots of prayers you way. You are fabulous!
Whiterozse likes this.
September 30th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Whiterozse's Avatar Veteran
Thanks all! I think it sometimes just helps to know that you are not alone in these struggles...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search