Crazy lower back pain anyone?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 29th, 2012, 05:25 PM
My biggest complaint lately is that my lower back started to really hurt yesterday. It came out of no where. As if I worked out really hard and over worked it. By this morning, it had moved down to my hips and now down my legs a little. Is this normal?? I'm only 8weeks4days-ish.

And today is the first day I have felt any discomfort/light cramping/pain in my uterus for over week. Today is also my first day without horrible nausea. Though relieved in one way, I'm worried from the lack of symptoms today. So I'm a little freaking out. This will hopefully be my first! I've miscarried twice, but never this far along.

Is this all normal?
September 29th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Redneck_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've got horrible back pain at the moment. I'm lying on my massaging mat as I'm typing. My best advice would be to call your doctor Monday and tell them your symptoms. If you notice bleeding at all, go to the er if you can. Some pain is normal, but it's better to get it checked than not. Just my opinion...
September 29th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Whiterozse's Avatar Veteran
I was having similiar pains, and have found that it all appears to be normal, however a bit scary (this is my first pregnancy, so I am just going off what others have told me, and internet research). What you are describing sounds like ligament pains.

When I get them, it seems that the more water I drink, the better I feel. Also, taking a break to rest helps too. I also found that I was sleeping funny at night for some reason, and have since gotten a body pillow. Amazing!!

As always, if you feel really worried, call your dr. It never hurts to check, if not just for peace of mind!

Sending calming thoughts your way...with these hormones, and early pregnancy symptoms, this first trimester is no joke! Hang in there.

September 29th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Thanks ladies! It feels better to not be alone in my back pain. Hope you feel better!
September 29th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've been having the same symptoms as you. My back pain has been worse the past few days, and my legs have a sort of "heavy" feeling to them...that could be water weight, I guess? I'm no stranger to back pain but this is a new type of pain for me. My hips have also been more tender, too. If your pain is severe I would probably go to the doctor (if you can) just to err on the side of caution, but I'm sure everything is fine...from what I've read, I'm not concerned.
September 30th, 2012, 12:17 AM
Veteran
I haven't had any back pain yet, but I know it's coming. I have an old back injury that flared up really bad with my daughter. I broke my coccyx (that triangular bone that connects your pelvis to your spine) at some point in my life and it healed just a little "off" I was really into lots of sports in high school, and there are any number of times I could have been seriously hurt and not realized it because I was already so sore from hard daily workouts at various camps. Because I have always been tiny, it's never been an issue, but as soon as I put on 10-15 extra pounds it rears it's ugly head.
September 30th, 2012, 03:44 AM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
the past 2 days my back has really hurt. but they were both days where I was on my feet more than usual. we're going apple picking with my daughter's class on tuesday and I imagine the pain will return then.

September 30th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I slept on my side last night with a pillow between my knees and that definitely helped with the back pain.
September 30th, 2012, 09:27 AM
My back (and fire boobs) woke me up in the middle of the night. It made me finally break down and take a tylenol and I slept on a heating pad. It helped! I'm still a little sore today, but it's better. My hips are definitely better. I think I'm going to buy a pregnancy yoga dvd and get myself stretched out.
September 30th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Whiterozse's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by brookee_cookee View Post
My back (and fire boobs) woke me up in the middle of the night. It made me finally break down and take a tylenol and I slept on a heating pad. It helped! I'm still a little sore today, but it's better. My hips are definitely better. I think I'm going to buy a pregnancy yoga dvd and get myself stretched out.

"Fire boobs" lol, and I'm only laughing because that's exactly how I feel...I also took some tylenol last night. Boy, did I sleep better!! A pregnancy yoga dvd is a great idea.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search