Going All Natural

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 30th, 2012, 06:18 PM
dyeanotherday's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think i will take it as it comes last time i got the epi before they broke my water cause i was in so much pain and she was like after we break your water the contractions will intensify because there won't be a cushion and i was like i want an epidural first but it seemed like it slowed it down a lot cause in like and hour i went from 0 -5 then after they broke my water i went to 6 and got stuck for a while and this time i think i would prefer to hold off and get a feel for it after they break my water.

Also the problem i had with the epi was they give it to you based on height and 5'10 but i only weight like 136 not pregnant and my arms were numb afterwards i couldn't even hold Landon after he was born cause i was afraid of dropping him cause i couldn't feel my arms
September 30th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Veteran
I had epi with first and natural second. Will def try to go natural againbc recovery was much easier. Was up and walking around 15 min after delivered placenta.
September 30th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I really want a home birth this time, but you know, i really enjoyed my epi last time, I got to nap while dilating from 6-10 cm!
mamamac likes this.

September 30th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Regular
My 1st was an emergency c-section. Never past 4 cm. Went vbac for the 2nd. Got the epi after being in labor for 4 day straight with contractions 15 minutes apart to 5 minutes my 4th day. Let it ware off about an hour anda half before pushing her out. If it wasn't for zero sleep for 3 days I could have handled it. Hopefully this time I can go it natural but it is what it is in the end!
IUI Aug.17 / 20 million with 95% motilty after wash
Faint BFP 10 & 11dpiui
Beta#1 at 11dpiui: 24 / #2 at 13dpiui: 54 / #3 at 15dpiui: 107
U/S #1: Sept. 17th ~ 1 little jelly bean
Anatomy scan: Dec. 19th ~ It's a BOY!!

Born on his due date May 10th at 1:39pm weighing 8lbs 9oz & 22 inches long ~ VBAC#2
October 1st, 2012, 04:11 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
With my 2 boys I was induced both times due to blood pressure problems. It was so incredibly painful and I asked for epidurals abd BOTH times it didnt work at all! I think I may be immune to the epidural? My sister had the the problem. I would really like to try a water birth but I dont think it would be recommended for me since I have blood pressure issues. Next dr. visit Im going to inquire about it.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
October 1st, 2012, 08:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharineharmon View Post
I had epi with first and natural second. Will def try to go natural againbc recovery was much easier. Was up and walking around 15 min after delivered placenta.
Holy moly! That's awesome.
October 1st, 2012, 09:16 AM
Liztastic's Avatar Super Mommy
With every pregnancy I've wanted to do it naturally and so far I've had an epi with all of them. This time I'm determined to do it naturally since it will most likely be my last, however if I can't I won't be disappointed in myself. I plan on refusing induction and laboring at home as long as possible to make it possible this time. Plus I hate the IV, them having you on your back as soon as you get here and I always seem to get hooked up to a drip of pit. Yuck!

Mom to:
Madalynn Faith ~ 2001
Alala Love ~ 2004
Elle Rain ~ 2008
Tilly Moon ~ 2013
October 1st, 2012, 09:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I will play it by ear. I have had an epidural with both kids in the past but they were way different births. DD was long and forcepts and I couldn't walk for 12 hours after and was puking. DS was fast and I was pissing off the nurses walking an hour later. LOL But DD they topped up my epidural and I think that was the difference...though even with top up I felt those forcepts...something I never want to feel again. Maybe Im a wimp but I was happy for the epidurals.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search