6 wk ultrasound

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mamamac
  • 1 Post By rcross81

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2012, 10:24 AM
Veteran
So I have my 6 week ultrasound wednesday and am nervous it is too early to see the heartbeat. Anybody else have one done at 6 weeks and see heartbeat.
October 1st, 2012, 10:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
yea, they can see the heartbeat. Not sure if they would have to do the tummy ultrasound, or the other kind where they go through your privet area.

October 1st, 2012, 10:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have had at 7weeks with all three...though two closer to 8w. You will probably have to have a vaginal u/s but they should be able to see everything.
October 1st, 2012, 10:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm a first time mom so I definitely don't have the experience of these women, but from what I've read, it's possible to hear the heartbeat at week six, but if you can't hear it, don't worry.

Q&A: How early can a doctor hear the baby's heartbeat? | BabyZone
Elly M. likes this.
October 1st, 2012, 11:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes, we were able to see and hear the HB at my 6wk appt thru transvaginal U/S. I do think it depends on the sensitivity of the machine they are using tho. Not everyone is able to hear or see it this early, so def don't be concerned if you cannot yet. Good luck!
Elly M. likes this.
October 1st, 2012, 11:19 AM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had one last Tuesday. It was transvaginal and they were not able to see a heartbeat. Everything looked great though, and I was told over and over by the US tech to not worry. It was hard not to, but I have done my best to relax. Since then I have talked with friends about it, and they said they were not able to that early, but know that others have been able to. I go back Wednesday for another try. Try not to panic if you don't see one, I'm sure they will have you come back in a week if you ask to try again. GL!!

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

October 1st, 2012, 11:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It really depends on the position of the little baby. I had an u/s last week at 7 weeks - though the baby was measuring only 6w 1day. We saw a heartbeat.

With my 2nd daughter though, we weren't able to see a hb until 7w 1d because of where she was.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
October 1st, 2012, 11:29 AM
Ashley Schroeder's Avatar #1 Due in May
I had my first ultrasound at 7 weeks & we were able to see the heartbeat. It was beating like crazy! I had a vaginal ultrasound. Good luck!
October 1st, 2012, 11:32 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had one with DS at 6 weeks, 3 days and was lucky to see and hear his HB. Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

October 1st, 2012, 12:01 PM
Veteran
I had one at 6 weeks, 4 days and couldn't see a heartbeat. They guessed I was closer to 6 weeks but said everything looked great and not to worry. I go back a week f today when I should be 7-8 weeks so hopefully we will see something then. Definitely sounds like you can see a hb, but just wanted to say that there are those of us who haven't.
October 1st, 2012, 01:49 PM
Expecting a boy in May!
I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks and couldn't see much more than a sac. But I had a poor quality abdominal ultrasound. I would say, if you're not having a transvaginal ultrasound, not to expect too much. And even if you are having an transvaginal ultrasound, don't worry if you don't see it yet.
October 1st, 2012, 02:15 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks and could not hear a heartbeat. We went back a week later and the baby was huge compared to just a week before and there was a beautiful little heartbeat. I was a little nervous but made sure that the tech showed me all the parts that you should see at about 6 weeks. You are still early so it's not necessarily a bad thing if you can't see or hear the heartbeat. If you can't, I would definately reschedule for a week later when you should see more. It made all the difference for me. Good luck!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search