To be annoyed, or not to be annoyed. That is the question...

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes
  • 1 Post By Memi
  • 1 Post By bcogoli
  • 1 Post By Rhonda66
  • 1 Post By dyeanotherday
  • 1 Post By bluesparkles
  • 1 Post By Peytonsmommy
  • 3 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By ~Traci~
  • 1 Post By mom2three2012
  • 1 Post By kurly
  • 1 Post By Melliesbelly
  • 1 Post By anothermother
  • 1 Post By WantingAnother

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2012, 03:20 PM
Redneck_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So, BF went to get his daughter from his parents house today... She goes there after school. His mother said she had a dream that I was pregnant and asked him if I was. HE TOLD HER! We agreed to wait till my appointment on the 9th! He says he couldn't help it because he's so excited that he instantly started smiling when she asked. I'm feeling rather annoyed at the moment. Would you?
October 1st, 2012, 03:32 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd be annoyed bc you had discussed it earlier and agree to hold off and tell her together. I'd be annoyed I didn't get to be a part of telling her. But I do understand how hard it is to control your excitement with such news. I'm sorry he spilled the beans!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
Redneck_Mommy likes this.

October 1st, 2012, 03:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
At first i would probably be very annoyed too. It is so great that he is so happy about the baby and after she mentioned the dream he might have not been able to hold it in. I bet he did not intend to tell her, it probably just popped out. I would try to take his excitment as a blessing and try to let it go. I hope it all works out.
October 1st, 2012, 03:36 PM
Rhonda66's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd probably be annoyed, but I can see how anyone could slip pretty easily in that situation too. I did it myself because a customer/friend called me out on it and I was like am I supposed to outright lie to her or just tell her - and I did like he did and just told her I'd let him know I was annoyed and disappointed and then let it go
October 1st, 2012, 03:37 PM
dyeanotherday's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would be mad. It is hard not to tell people but you haven't told anyone and you had an agreement. If she goes around telling people then i would be really mad.
October 1st, 2012, 03:56 PM
Veteran
I wouldn't be mad. wouldn't it be weird to tell your mom one thing this week and then admit you lied to her next week? He's excited, and you should forgive him.

October 1st, 2012, 04:06 PM
Peytonsmommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Peytonsmommy
I would be slightly annoyed but not mad. Should he have told her, No, but it is hard to lie when you are excited about something and someone is asking you about it. Don't be too hard on him, it was a slip and I'm sure he didnt do it on purpose plus his mom probably knows when he is lying anyway.

October 1st, 2012, 04:18 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You're pregnant. You can be mad about whatever you want! LOL
At any rate, I can see why you're disappointed in him, but I can also see why he felt he couldn't help himself. His mom might have guessed anyway, most moms can read between the lines with their kids.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
October 1st, 2012, 05:05 PM
Super Mommy
I can understand being upset, but I also know that if I had been in that situation, I would have had a hard time keeping a straight face. I would have totally spilled the beans. It is just so hard to keep the excitement in sometimes. Hopefully it all works out ok in the end.
October 1st, 2012, 05:50 PM
Veteran
Eeeeeeverything annoys me right now, and yes i would be a bit put out, but at the same time enjoy the fact that he is a VERY happy and excited daddy to be! Give him the look and then kiss him and tell him your happy he is your babys daddy!
October 1st, 2012, 06:06 PM
Super Mommy
Me and my husband had an agreement not to tell people in the beginning, and then I would come home everyday and say "Opps, I accidently told so-and-so today..." I was just too excited. He forgave me.
October 1st, 2012, 06:20 PM
Redneck_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Update* I was out feeding when he got home. He was telling me about the cheesecake he bought me as a get out of the dog house offering. I was appreciative, but he knew I was annoyed... I couldn't hide that either. After dark, we went in. I sat on the couch while he was making supper. He got to a stopping point and came to ask what was wrong (he already knew). I told him that I was sad that I didn't get to be a part of the announcement. Especially since we aren't telling my family at all. I had tears in my eyes (highly unusual). He got all teary eyed too. He really didn't intend on telling, but it still hurt.
October 1st, 2012, 06:23 PM
Melliesbelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can understand you being upset, but I personally wouldn't hold it against him. It's awesome that he's happy and excited, and that he wants to tell people, even if you agreed. I just think it's sweet.

SO to Brian
Mommy to Liam, and Gage!

October 1st, 2012, 06:30 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would be upset, but of the other hand he didn't really have any choice with the position he put him in. Maybe be mad at her? Since it really is cute that he couldn't contain his excitement I wouldn't be able not to say anything either.

October 1st, 2012, 06:32 PM
WantingAnother's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
^^ I agree!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search