Pets!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree30Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2012, 06:55 PM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Traci~ View Post
I love the pictures! Elly- Diesel is precious!!

We also have an English Bulldog named Oliver. He is almost 7 years old. He is awesome and very patient with our 2 year old. We also have an indoor cat named Madison, she is about 10 years old. I don't have a picture of the cat on my computer, but here is Oliver.
Oh my goodness! Oliver is adorable! I just love bullies, Diesel is my first bulldog, but I have always loved them. They just crack me up, they are so funny

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

October 2nd, 2012, 07:15 PM
Liz311w's Avatar Veteran
This is Bunker. We got her from a family on Craiglist after another cat we had brought home went insane and attacked my DD out of the blue leaving DD with staples in her head. :-( It was the scariest day of my life! My DD was sad when the other cat had to be put to sleep (we had taken it in as a stray so hadn't had the vet check yet. Had to rule out Rabies because of the visciousness of the attack) she immediately started asking for another cat. Bunker has been a God send and the absolutely perfect cat for our family. She tolerates anything the kids 'do' to her and has the sweetest personality.
So this is Bunker aka Bunkie
Elly M. likes this.
Mommy to Makenna (6) and Jackson (4). Waiting for #3 to complete my family.

October 2nd, 2012, 08:06 PM
Veteran
We have 2 dogs. A 5 year old monster of a German Shepherd (he's the biggest baby ever, but so HUGE!) named Jerry. Here he is snuggling with his daddy. He is pretty much the most well behaved dog I have ever seen. We are currently looking into training him for search and rescue.

And a 6 year old shih tzu/toy eskimo mutt named scamp. This one is pretty much the stupidest dog that has ever lived, but he is such a cuddler. We aren't quite sure what he is going to do when mommy no longer has a lap.

They are quite the pair together. Best buds all the way.
Elly M. and mamamac like this.
October 3rd, 2012, 05:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayJoy View Post
Mind if I ask what kind of fish you got? It might not have been your fault, sometimes ones at the pet store can be sickly and you not know it.
It was a female beta fish from Petsmart. I wouldn't doubt it if she was sick, but I think the water was also too cold. We followed the advice of the woman in the fish department but we did additional research online, and for our bedroom temperature we need a small heater (for some reason our bedroom is the coldest room in the apartment even though we keep the temperature around 76). We'll try again.

When the fish died I cried for FOUR hours. We had it for less than 24 hours. It was ridiculous. Now I can blame it on those pregnancy hormones.

Love all the pictures and stories, ladies! We have great pets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom_in_AK View Post
We have 2 dogs. A 5 year old monster of a German Shepherd (he's the biggest baby ever, but so HUGE!) named Jerry. Here he is snuggling with his daddy. He is pretty much the most well behaved dog I have ever seen. We are currently looking into training him for search and rescue.
I love GSD's! That is a hilarious picture, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda66 View Post
We have a cat that we totally adore named KayCee who is 8 years old and we just lost our 2 older cats, PC (15) and Sam (17) shortly after our move in May. We also have 3 robo hamsters which are sort of like normal hamsters - on drugs!
We also had a pair of jackson chameleons that were so awesome, but they are really difficult to keep and one was bitten by a cricket and got an infection and the other got a toe stuck in the mesh of its cage and ripped the toenail off while disengaging itself from the mesh and then also got an infection that we couldn't stave off. I might muster up the courage to try again with the chameleons, but I don't want to kill anymore
Sometimes those things are out of your hands! I have heard that chameleons are really hard to take care of. I'm sorry for your loss.

On a side note, I didn't even know crickets could bite.
October 3rd, 2012, 07:01 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
We are a pet house too! We have five dachshunds. I grew up with a bunch of dachshunds as well. We also have two "pond fish" that live outside in our pond. One of our dogs tries to catch them and has yet to have success (in two years, we are thinking he isn't going to). The little girl I used to nanny for named them Mackenzie and Freebie.

Our dogs:
Zara:

Nadia (in her favorite outside spot, underneath our rusty grill! Weird dog):

Rhett (our rescue doggie):

Vixen:

Silas (this was when he was a puppy...that is my older son. Second one is pretty recent):

Elly M. likes this.
October 3rd, 2012, 07:02 AM
Redneck_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok get ready...
Inside we have two dogs, a Pomeranian named Tia and a chihuahua mix named Tyson. Also, 3 cats, Missy, Junior, and Ariel. We have a ferret named Aaron. We also have two ball pythons, Allison, and Bailey. My daughter has a pot bellied pig named Abraham (Abe).
Outside we have a herd of goats. We have 4 sheep, Sandy, Sassy, Not Larry, and Francis. We have 5 laying hens, and another pot belly pig named Ike. We have 3 Shetland ponies, Harry, Hope, and Travis. Also 3 horses, Dakota, Elvis, and Fat Albert. And, we have 3 tortoises, Earl who is 60 lbs, Kate, and Stranger. We also have 4 rabbits. Abby, Cecil, Billy, and a new rescue that is nameless at the moment.

We also have meat animals, but they aren't "pets" really.
Elly M. likes this.
October 3rd, 2012, 08:40 AM
JandJC's Avatar #2 due in April!
Our Austrailian Shepherd Tux

Our cat, Ray

Elly M. and mamamac like this.

October 3rd, 2012, 09:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashj_1218 View Post
We are a pet house too! We have five dachshunds. I grew up with a bunch of dachshunds as well. We also have two "pond fish" that live outside in our pond. One of our dogs tries to catch them and has yet to have success (in two years, we are thinking he isn't going to). The little girl I used to nanny for named them Mackenzie and Freebie.
Look at Zara's puppy dog eyes! So precious. All your fur babies are adorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck_Mommy View Post
Ok get ready...
Inside we have two dogs, a Pomeranian named Tia and a chihuahua mix named Tyson. Also, 3 cats, Missy, Junior, and Ariel. We have a ferret named Aaron. We also have two ball pythons, Allison, and Bailey. My daughter has a pot bellied pig named Abraham (Abe).
Outside we have a herd of goats. We have 4 sheep, Sandy, Sassy, Not Larry, and Francis. We have 5 laying hens, and another pot belly pig named Ike. We have 3 Shetland ponies, Harry, Hope, and Travis. Also 3 horses, Dakota, Elvis, and Fat Albert. And, we have 3 tortoises, Earl who is 60 lbs, Kate, and Stranger. We also have 4 rabbits. Abby, Cecil, Billy, and a new rescue that is nameless at the moment.

October 3rd, 2012, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck_Mommy View Post
Ok get ready...

Oh my God! I love you! We would be fantastic friends, lol! I am looking for a shetland right now, no luck yet. Plenty around, but it needs to be safe for a little girl the age of 5 that I give lessons to. I tried to talk them into a horse, she won't grow out of it, and it's easier to find safe horses around here I want a pig too, but DH would kick me out if a brought a potbelly home, lol i want to see pictures of your herd!

October 3rd, 2012, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly M. View Post
Oh my God! I love you! We would be fantastic friends, lol! I am looking for a shetland right now, no luck yet. Plenty around, but it needs to be safe for a little girl the age of 5 that I give lessons to. I tried to talk them into a horse, she won't grow out of it, and it's easier to find safe horses around here I want a pig too, but DH would kick me out if a brought a potbelly home, lol i want to see pictures of your herd!
Lol we are animal people for sure. I always have had that "gift", you know? We do rescue for exotics and horses. I worked full time at the Houston Zoo for 9 years, and still volunteer there. So, when they have some interesting creature come up, they send them out here. There are Shetlands coming out of people's ears here. Most of them are free because people get tired of having them. If they are kid broke, they can bring some money. We are about to use Harry as a unicorn at BF's daughters birthday party! He's a great sport. Lol.
Elly M. likes this.
October 3rd, 2012, 10:43 AM
aww! The kids are going to love Harry! We have the same problems with horses here too (well, the same problem is throughout the country), horses and ponies coming out the ears. Like you said, the only ones bringing money are kid safe. My horse that was sick over the weekend was a rescue from a farm that was putting down her and 50 other horses there, just because no one wanted them. So I drove 5 hours in bad weather for a 4 year old, never touched or handled thoroughbred. Fun stuff. I was planning on finding her a good home after I put some work into her, but I am attached to her now, and the only people who were interested were only going to bring her to an auction. I can't let that happen, so i will hang on to her.

That is so awesome that you worked at the zoo, and still help out there. I would have loved to have that opportunity

October 3rd, 2012, 11:13 AM
If I could figure out how to put pictures on here that would be great. Is it possible with an iPhone? Or, do I need a computer? And, I've seen people mention photobucket??? I don't have the first clue how to do that.
October 3rd, 2012, 11:16 AM
I use photobucket. It's free and very easy. You can just copy and paste the link to your page of pictures, and others can just click on the link to view them.
Redneck_Mommy likes this.

October 3rd, 2012, 04:25 PM
Elee1021's Avatar Veteran
Here is my little zoo:

From left to right, Samantha our 14 week Basset Hound, Odyssey our 18 week miniature Australian Shepherd, Riley, and Milli, our 2 year old cats

Elly M. likes this.
October 3rd, 2012, 05:23 PM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow so Ironic! My SIL has a grooming shop that I helped at 2 years ago and there was this adorable, fun, lovable bulldog named deisel! He was my absolute favorite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly M. View Post
As most of you have figured out, I am a huge animal lover We have 2 dogs, an English Bulldog named Diesel, a Boxer named Brittany, 1 cat named Munchkin (all are indoor). We have 3 horses, Rookie, she is 5, Teca, my retired show horse, she is 13, and Trigger, he is my cow sorting horse, he is 15. We also have 5 chickens, 1 leopard Gecko (my sons), and 6 fish. They keep me busy, but I love them an wouldn't have them any other way

Diesel
[IMG][/IMG]

Brittany
[IMG][/IMG]

Munchkin
[IMG][/IMG]

Teca
[IMG][/IMG]
Trigger
[IMG][/IMG]
Rookie
[IMG][/IMG]
Here is our Bunny, Hop! My mom suprised my daughter with it a few easters ago!
Elly M. likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search